Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Karma Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Suikoden IV impressions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only complaints:

-He runs very strange, like he's two-stepping but sped up.... it's sometimes difficult to watch

-The ship controls took some getting used to and even now I can't really say I got the hang of it

Everything else I'm fine with. I know what you mean with some dialogue then cutting to black, but that's because the game has two different scenes and it needs to load the appropriate one based on your choice. It's not that annoying. And for those who complained about all the load screens, I dunno, I like seeing the Hero Sprite running down in the corner of the screen--it's old school. :D

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but the stupider the expression, the funnier MST3K-ing to be had.

His permanent wedgie and shamble-power-walk-jog also help this.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just looked at a guide at gamefaqs, and I think I'm halfway through the story and I hardly just started.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As people said, it's quite short. I'm on chapter 4 of 12 (according to the guide) and I've played for 3 hours or so. Luckily, the butt-load of minigames, star recruitment and large amount of sailing should add some length to the game.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Short I can do. I'm 90+ hours into Dark Cloud 2 and only on chapter 7 or 8. @_@
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
As people said, it's quite short. I'm on chapter 4 of 12 (according to the guide) and I've played for 3 hours or so. Luckily, the butt-load of minigames, star recruitment and large amount of sailing should add some length to the game.

Yep. True enough. I'm sure it'll take me about 50 to beat the game, the same amount it took me to beat II for the same reasons: minigames
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone else feel like they're having an acid trip each time you enter a battle. I mean that music just reminds so much of some 60s drug trip. The bubbly fade out doesn't help either, but it's the music that really sets me off.

I don't like the battle music itself either. I've gotten used to it, but it just feels like it lacks intensity to me. The rest of the music is fine, although at moments I feel like the Narcissists will pop out behind from behind a corner. I suppose I'm not a fan of style, but I actually prefer Suikoden III's music to this. So far.

The hero's face disturbs me too. I mean- he always looks so disgruntled. Is he ever happy? Or surprised? Or anything other than somewhat peeved? I like how he randomly glances at Snowe when you win a battle. It's like a little glance to make sure he's not the only one raising his arm.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My worst fear right now is that Snowe will have Jowy syndrome. A repeat of that is not needed at all. Besides that, I'm worried the Castle will be disappointing, the random battles are a little too frequent, and controls on the ship are crap.

On the plus side, I was pleasantly surprised at hearing the English voices. After hearing Snowe's I wasn't too happy, but everyone else's I've heard so far has been good, a few even great. The addition of MP restoring items is wonderful and I'm overjoyed to see that items have other stats/effects added to them (like the Thunder Amulets that raise accuracy). Now if only they bring back Power Gloves....

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy syndrome?

I like the music played during Duels.

Does anyone know what the song title to that is?
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[spoiler]

Yes well, Jowy started out being your Best Friend Ever. Early on in the game, he starts with the killings and basically screws you over. Likewise, early on in the game, Snowe is your Bestest Friend and only an hour or so later he's all pissy at you for supposedly stealing his thunder or whatever and then goes on to get you exiled.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say Snowe was the hero's best freind--he was more of a servant.

Anyhow, Snowe is no Jowy once you play through the game. They are dissimilar characters who only "seem" similar.
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm only 9 hours into the game (I explore everywhere I possibly can, so I'm a very slow player), and so far I've enjoyed the game. First impressions:

-the ship's movement is a little awkward (and they move so slowly!), but it's not as bad as some critics have said. It certainly doesn't ruin the game....although it does slow it down a little, I suppose.

-the Hero's muteness is a little freaky. His personality reminds of Peter Boyle (playing the Frankenstein monster) in Young Frankenstein. His running style isn't as bad as critics have said....it's a little goofy perhaps, but not much different than how Geddoe/Hugo/Chris moved in Suikoden 3.

-I swear, the guy who does the voice for Glen is the same guy who did Dr. Kaufman in Silent Hill 1. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the voice actors also appeared in Junko Kawano's "Shadow of Destiny" game from a couple years ago. They sound similar.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I'm about 8 hours into it as well, and so far, it's fantastic.

I really like the large battles and the one-on-one battles, and the normal battles work better than I expected, although I think the encounter rate is a bit high.

I also like the item menu, being all split up into catagories.

I also really like the storyline of the game so far.

Bad points? I don't like the basic rune animations, the weird run, and the boat/invisible walls.
[but they're really minor points!!]

Also, Sealed Orbs? WTF? No really, WTF?
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't understand that either.

Regarding the orbs thing?
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like how they have gone to a more open item format in which you can hold more items and they are in a general area for all characters to use. For me that has been one of the points to the series that I disliked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: