Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hero's Name ! (possible Spolier)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Hero's Name ! (possible Spolier) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anybody looked at the booklet yet?
The hero's name is Dennis !!
Did anybody named the hero Dennis??
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Hell, the demo named him Konami, of all things.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's also named Konami throughout the Japanese manual.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His name is Dennis? What kind of Suikoden name is Dennis of all things? I mean come on now what the heck were they thinking with that one. I mean it's based on the Ocean so if they wanted to go with something appropriate they should have given him a Portugese name. I mean we Portugese were the ones that revolutionized ocean travel so it would have fit well but maybe I am just biased because i am Portugese so who knows. It would have fit the location and type of game that this is even you all would have to admit that much right? Errr anyways yeah thats a really really really weird name for a Suikoden character considering the names they have used in the past.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The instruction manual probably just used a picture of someone playing the game, who happened to name the hero "Dennis."
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh ok that makes a bit more sense then. I mean it seems kind of silly with names like Tir, Riou, Hugo, Geddoe to name a main character all of a sudden Dennis. However I guess sometimes changes can be made and they could go in a completely new and seemingly strange direction with names and such. Thats ok though and we'll just deal with things as they go along in this series and now that the new one has come out we just sit back and enjoy as we await Suikoden five. Hopefully of course there will be a Suikoden five for us to play otherwise I will be one unhappy man.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Portugese name? Like Spanjab, in the Suikoden II European manual?

Dennis fits the Suikoden world, imo, although it's obvious it's a playtester's name. I don't think I will be using it.
Filipe

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spanjab? Excuse me but umm since when has Spanjab ever been a Portugese name? I was basically saying that they should have gone for actual Portugese names for at least some of the cities or something. Doesnt have to be actual names mind you but it would have fit the theme better at least in my opinion but hey thats ok. Should be a great game anyway though a lot of people are complaining about it's length and that the hero looks stupid when he runs or walks for that matter.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I think the name of Konami, from the demo, is appropriate, even though it's clearly the name of the company. I'm not sure what the company's name originally meant, but unless I'm mistaken, it -could- be read as Little Wave, yes? An appropriate nickname for our Hero. Until this is changed by the release of a manga or novel, I'm sticking with it.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Tir", "Riou", "Dennis". It's just names given by the players themselves. The game doesn't come with a predefined default name anyway. Unlike Hugo, Chris and Geddoe, who are actually refered to using their true names all over.
smush88

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, now that that issue is solved....what did everybody name their main character?

I named him Pookie.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actully, Tir and Riou were not given by players. It was the name given to the heroes in the official novel. So in terms of "canon"-ness, it's slightly higher than "fan-made."
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's wrong with the name Konami? It's cute.

I named my Hero II Konami because it sounded good with his sister's name Nanami.

I'm going to name my Suikoden IV Hero Ashoka (it means without sorrow in Indian Sanskrit).

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's also a movie about Ashoka who was a warrior in India.

Oh well, Dennis isn't a totally none-Suikoden-ish name. Don't forget Dennis Taurer.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
There's also a movie about Ashoka who was a warrior in India.

Yeah, I saw the Indian movie but I didn't like (the story was good but the acting was horrible in my opinion).

Ashoka was also the Empror of India in the thrid Century.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: