Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Studio Ghibli's Anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL I was thinking about posting about it as I TOO watched it yesterday after it finished downloading lol... I swear I did watch it... and yeah it was done by bandai as we see in the beginning... also we see those chinese words...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hotaru no Haka was made by Ghibli, perhaps it was distributed by Bandai or something (although I would doubt greedy Tokuma Shoten who owns Ghibli whould allow that).

Ghibli is also well-known for their "Heidi of the Apls" anime seires, which many Japanese people of my age group watched on TV. Ghibli also worked on "Lupin the 3rd: Catsle of Calliostro" (sp?) which was an anomaly because that's the only time they worked on an anime series that they themselves did not create. However, it's still the most famous Lupin the 3rd anime movie.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, thanks for the clearance SARSadmin. About their TV series, sadly it was hard to get. Even in Indonesia where you can get anything at any price. The only TV series that I got is "If I see you in my dream/I can hear the sea", I forgot how they translated it.

Also, the Animax channel in southeast Asia aired "the future boy Conan" right now, and I'm suprised with the concept similarities between it and Laputa

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yeah, "Bouken syounen Konan" was on when I was 3 or 4 years old, which tells you it's an ancient series.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, so it's about...(30-4 = 26) 1979? my... the older anime than that that I ever watched is only the old Osamu Tezuka's Atom/Astro Boy, also the Voltus series...and some other super robot anime.
Speaking of Osamu Tezuka, I really like Metropolis.

Oh and a question out of topic, when was Doraemon first aired on TV in japan SARSadmin? (I'm pretty curious at this)

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here in Australia, they are selling DVDs of Astro Boy, the classic anime. I hope the rent one.

I had this book in the library about the anime/manga history. So i think i might be able to answer you question, Sheherazade, about the first airing of Doraemon. If i'm right, it was in the mid 80's....like 1984? I think i got to go get that book again...

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doraemon was first shown on TV in 1979. I remember watching it as a kid.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks. It's the first anime I ever saw (back in 1989/1990)

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I just love that stuff. I really liked Spiriteed Away and Castle in the Sky. I've seen a few others such as My Neighbor Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service, but the two above were my favorites. Castle in the Sky was very imaginative and the characters were likable. Spirited Away was like Castle in the Sky except it was more fun. I really liked the flying scenes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: