Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

My Ideal World. . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marth wrote:
I'd Like a world where Sickness is no more. But! I'd Love it to be like a Chinesse Middleages Type thing . Like Guns were never and would never be created.

Also Like People carried around swords and if you didn't liek someone you could kill them or start a fight between you. AND! people get grouped together and try to rule the world. . WEll If anyone you saw the show Inuyasha I'd like a world just like that!
8)

Sounds good to me :D

In that case, I call being Miroku. >_>
(he's such a pimp)

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I like FF6Sages world.

...I enjoy living in this world that I'm living in now, except I would get rid of the corrupt and maybe change the government so that its more democratic, ect....or it would be cool to have a world with broader communication and better exchanging of ideas.

It would also be nice to get rid of the religious wars, but that would be a bit difficult. :roll:
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd wrote:
The ideal world would be a world free of morons and imbeciles. There are far to many people in this world that don't know how to use individual thought, but prefer instead to follow others no matter how moronic they are.

I'm not one to normally defend the mob, but there are times when following the group can be important. Individual thinking is good in many ways, but I bet you wear clothes. Please tell me that in your daily life you wear clothes! Or that you obey the traffic laws. If everyone was an individual thinker out on the highway, could you imagine how many accidents you would see while driving? (I personally disagree with several of the traffic laws, but I still follow them because I don't want to get killed.)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AN INTRIGING TOPIC BUT YET CHALLENGING I WOULD HAVE TO SAY
HEAVEN WHEN MY GOD COMES
EVERYTHING PEACEFUL
HELL SENT AWAY FOR ETERNITY
ME TURN PRO IN SKATEBOARDING
ACHEIVE HIGHEST RANK POSSIBLE
HAVE EVERYBODY NO THE TRUTH
HAVE NO TEMPTATIONS IN OUR SINGLE MINDED LIVES

AND NOTHING MORE TO AD TO ANYTHING BUT YET THE SIMPLE LIFE
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... I think a simple world is an ideal world for me.

I don't want to live in a weird or imaginary world because a world like that is not a fun one to live in and would be more complicated than the one we are living in.

A simple world will be also a different world than the one we and I are living in.

So, a simple world is the best world for me.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Capslock abuse is still abuse.

Anyway, I want to live in a world where I can break into song and dance at any point. No more regular school--I want to be greeted in the morning by minstrels and xylophones. When people get into a fight, instead of killing, they just outsing one another. When you have to run, you tapdance out of thurr, sucker.

Also, I'd be responsible for the destruction of at least one species. I'm sorry but that's living it up right there, people.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd only have to add a few things to make this my ideal world:

-Allow revenge killings

-Military will forever be optional

-Mandatory weapons training for kids.

-No external substances would have harmful effects on the human body (ie: drugs, alcohol, and even caffiene to an extent)

- No diseases, especially crap like STD's.

-People would be more moral. Even though morals are largely subjective, people would be less apt to go against their conscience. Yeah, this goes against point 1, but I still agree with both points.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Start with me. Add a whole lot of booty-ful women. Sounds ideal to me. But seriously now.

Simple is key to this. I'm thinking that everyone has the same land and they share without being power hungry. Their civil and don't fight over different opinions, which they have. Throw in a touch of competitive sports to keep us entertained, maybe unlimited food(and beverage) source. If you need something share it, and don't do the unnecessary. Yeah that sounds good to me.

Now landscape. I'm thinkin maybe something like a deserted island. Tropical trees, warm but not hot. Animals there but not vicious and dangerous. Lots of waterfalls. I like waterfalls. But then again that may be the medication talking...
....................................................................... ....................................................................... ....................................................................... ...........................nope i do like waterfalls. Yeah I think that covers it. Now I'll drink my tea and get over this cold.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My ideal world would be one in which I could live through any of my favorite movies/shows/games at any moment. I'm feeling particularly silly one day? Jet on over to Spongebob's house. The next I'm feeling righteous and willing to fight to spread freedom? Stop by North Window and help Riou plan his next assault. The next I want to just have a good chat? Jump into a New Jersey mall and look for the local rats. And of course, if I liked one place enough I could spend a few years there. It'd be awesome stuff.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:

1. US presidential candidates have to pass an IQ requirement

Imagine that! Another shot at a president our media has painted as very stupid when he is actually a very bright individual. Now before you go and start talking about how stupid his decisions have been, vis-a-vis Iraq, North Korea, ect., consider the fact that one can only act upon the information given. Our president (and I'm not saying he made good decisions) is a Yale and Harvard graduate. If he is so stupid, how did he graduate?[/i]

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) A nice climate: I'm not saying tropical, 85 degrees for the whole year, but it would be nice to live in a place where I could get a good tan and not have to worry about the winter cold. 10 months of 80 degree + weather and two where it gets cool at night while being about 70 degrees during the day is fine.

2) In Vancouver there is a program set up to give herion to herion addicts and crack to crackheads. I myself have never tried the drugs (because I'm not stupid), but I know people that have and they are mega addictive. Whichever retard you guys have elected as your drug czar says what Vancouver is doing is 'dangerous' to health. More dangerous than having addicts rob and kill people for money for their next fix?

3) A big, huge seperation betwene religion and state. The reason alot of countries have problems with war is because the state wants the religion interpreted in such a way, but not everyone agrees this is best, and so they get killed or jailed. Any State official who attempts to turn state affairs into matters of religious preference will be Cannonized*. In fact, no religion allowed period. Faith is a good thing to have for sure, but as I said, interpretations vary and too many problems arise from them.

(* - Shot out of a cannon into a brick wall, not to be confised with 'Canonized', to be honored as a saint)

4) A pro-choice attitude towards all human matters. Anything not wholly illegal (such as murder) would be put to the choice and circumstances of individuals. This will work on issues such as abortion and the issue I mentioned in 2).

5) Capital punishment. Sure, it is a little controversial, but then again so is putting prisoners up in a prison for 20 years at the expense of the taxpayer. And none of this '16 years on Death Row' bullcrap that you know happens to some prisoners. If your convicted with sufficient evidence, you fry later that week.

6) Free Healthcare, because someone making $10.00 an hour in a factory shouldn't have to worry about socking some money aside to pay for future medical problems.

7) No Censorship of art. Television is the only media tha will be censored, because so many young children see it. How many kids, meanwhile, are going to see Michalangelo's David? Comparitively few.

8 ) Mandatory daycare at work should be offered. It'll cost a little extra money, but it'll also cut right down on absenteeism, the majority of which is caused because of issues with children and not being able to leave them home alone.

9) So let me get this straight, America...at 16 you can drive, and at 18 you can vote on the fate of your country and fight wars to protect it...yet you have to wait until age 21 to get legally drunk? Something doesn't make sense here. Either raise the driving and drafting ages or lower the drinking age, because if I was some 19 year old returning from Afghanistan and on my first night back I get a drinking ticket because I'm underage, I'm losing it.

10) No government hypocrisy. Sure cigarettes are bad for you, but lets face it, their taxes pay for alot of the country, and it was even one of the first big cash crops in Pre-Revolutionary America. Now you're letting people slander then because you feel the need to tell everyone what's good for them. Any country is made better by giving it's people the ability to choose what they want to do and not giving them a hard time about it. If someone wants to smoke, knowing the (doctored) 'facts' about what it does, let them.

And a country shouldn't be able to enter another country for warlike purposes just because 'Oh, we might think they have weapons', or 'This guy we're looking for might have ties to them'. Actions are to be carried out based on certainty or convincing proof, not assumptions I'm in no way for letting terrorists have weapons of mass destruction, but then you can have them and use them to threaten people into doing what you want? What the hell is that all about?

EDIT: And Euthanasia will be allowed, again open to choice. IF someone is 95 years old and dying of a terminal lung disease (for example0, they should be able to choose if they want to live or not, and who gets to pull the plug. This way, you save lots of money that would just be spent with them on life support, and you can make sure that all of the person's family is present when they do decide to die, instead of them dying in the night when no one is around.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ADAM wrote:
Quote:

Our president (and I'm not saying he made good decisions) is a Yale and Harvard graduate. If he is so stupid, how did he graduate?[/i]

most likely, his 'ivy league' degree was bought by daddy, so he could actually pursue his dream of being just like daddy *too bad he's failed miserably.* degrees can be bought, and considering his actions, comments and stances, this seems like the road he's taken in order to get said degree...instead of actually earning it *doubt he has the ability, all things considered* buy it and act like you are 'educated' instead of actually being educated.

think about it; big money can buy ANYTHING...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ADAM wrote:
Our president (and I'm not saying he made good decisions) is a Yale and Harvard graduate. If he is so stupid, how did he graduate?[/i]

FIrst of all, I didn't say I was talking about Bush, now did I? Secondly, it's called a "gentleman's C." You get it just for showing up (and having enough money to go there.) They deny it, but it happens. And sybillious is right, anything can be bought nowadays.

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, I would like to apoligize to the people who went into this thread and stayed on topic. I shouldn't have posted what I did.

I truly hope you guys are wrong on this one, and those two respected institutions didn't do such a thing. If it is true, then WTF, you know? Anyways, as I posted before, one can only act upon the info gathered. Our presidental administration saw it fit to invade Iraq. Hindsight is 20/20 and now we know that the only WMDs Iraq had were not biological or chemical in nature. These were long range misiles which were shot down by our Patriot misile systems. I believe this would have been taken care of much more efficiently had we calmed down and stuck with the UN instead of thumbing our noses at nations that were allies with us for so long. sybillious, FF6Sage, I don't like Bush, but he isn't a idiot. FF6Sage, I should'nt have jumped to conclusions like that, and now that I've thought about it, your idea is pretty good.

Now to get back on topic:

A perfect world would be boring. I would be fine with a world like ours today, but with maybe a little less death and destruction.

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me an ideal world would essentially be a fantasy one. My primary desire in the world would for the job option of wandering swordsman to be a viable option. I would want there to be many different countries with differing geography and cultures. This would allow for variety when traveling. Of course myhtical creatures are a necessary in order to allow for the fantasy feel. The one that I would want the most would be dragons. Of course I wouldn't want them to be so rampant that every village is destroyed ever other day, but enough to keep things interesting.

This world would also contain magic based upon different principles such as drawing energy from elemental spirits, magic granted by higher powers, magic that just bends reality, and science(considered magic in this world). Gguns wouldn't exist in this world. This world would also have several planes of exixtence that have different attributes.

Another thing would be that the higher powers would be more visible in their actions. These powers would constantly be in conflict. Also in this world it would be that wars are primarily fought between the champions of a country instead of mass combat. This way the only people who would die in war would be those who are prepared for death(as in no civillian death), and that just about sums it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: