Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden anime
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Being a fan of Suikoden, like everyone else here, I think we'd all like to see it... but think about it, how many games to movie/tv show have been decent? Also, it would be too hard to work everything into an anime; while some people would love it no matter the final product, others would be bitter at certain details being left out. It's that way with Harry Potter/LOTR, even though those are successful movies. Some people still resent them.

But, then again, the manga is good, and what do we know about the correlation between manga and anime?? So, I guess I contradicted myself. But I just wouldn't want an anime, there's still the topic of voice actors to deal with, after all.
Angelus Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought there was something like that. But it was more about the Gaidens and stupid Nash was the main character. I for one would love to see this and they could use the same style they used in the opening sequence for Suikoden III. I would LOVE that.

Living and dying, laughing and crying.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do not know the idea of an anime of suikoden might work if it is based on the whole Suikoden thought. But it will be an awfully bad idea if there will be a gathering for the 108 stars of destiny because all that we will be able to see is the Hero asking a certain star to join him and the star agreeing to it then heading for the headquarter and never seeing him or her again. However, a series for Suikoden might be more better since we will be seeing every character more than one time, we will be able to see them while they are sleeping, eating, or even fighting in battle. I would prefer an anime or a series that can take place in the whole suikoden world and even with a gathering of the stars, because if it does not has all of this it will not be considered as Suikoden anymore.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tkink that if they made one based off of the games than you could have a character living in the Suikoden realm who thru the course of his adventures and journeys runs into various characters from the games it would be alright. You could even span the generations in the games kind of like the Robotech-Macross crossovers. I just love those series.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's basically what happens in the Suikogaidens.. Could very well work for an anime.
On a related note, just today, a friend was drooling over the anime intros of the gaidens and S3 XD

Also...wasn't robotech a frankensteined mix of Macross and 2 other series?

All the way to the edge of this world
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that under the right circumstances if an anime were to be made of say the whole Queendom of Falena ordeal where the queen was killed would be an interesting way to add to the already booming storyline of the Suikoden world so it doesnt have to make Suikoden 5 a not so far back prequel to play out that whole storyline. Besides it doesnt really seem a story that would fit the whole 108 character system thus it would be perfect for an anime. Whether that would be the one off video tape or an anime series on television is up to question.

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

if an anime were to be made of say the whole Queendom of Falena ordeal where the queen was killed would be an interesting way to add to the already booming storyline of the Suikoden world

I like that idea. If an anime or film were made to further the Suikoden world history without having to conform to the game 108-star setup, it could be really great for multiple reasons. It would make an entertaining movie or anime, much more so than one cluttered with characters. It would also show an area of the world that Suikoden hinted at, but never had the time or the story-line to go into. Beyond that, it would reach into another pool of viewers who could be pulled into the story, creating more fnas, and a wider Suikoden audience.
Generally, a plot like that would just work well for Konami.

So, how do we convince them of this, so we can see this movie sometime in the future! *laugh*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: