Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden anime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Suikoden anime Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So this discussion again, dont know how many times it have been up but it never ends so we need one at this forum too.

So do you think a Anime of Suikoden should be made. And if so, would it be like the games with a war and the gathering of the 108 stars of destiny or should it simply be a Anime taking place in the world of Suikoden with characters from the different games.

Personally I think it is impossible for a single anime to get all the 108 SoD and still be good, but a TV serie could.
But if the Anime wasnt about the 108 SoD and maybe about Vikto and Flik and their adventures or maybe something about the dragon knights, that would be really cool.

Try this one "The Adventures of Futch The Dragon Knight" TV serie. Directed by Sam Raimi.
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there is already a Suikoden Manga, and its about Suikoden 3.
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To me, it would be nice for an anime cartoon to be made with Suikoden 2's plot. It should be a serial shown on tv or something like that.

If cartoons like Pokemon can be sucessful, with suikoden's plot and such, it should be really sucessful.
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree that an anime of Suikoden II would be probably the best way to go. But part of me would still rather have an anime based off of the Suikogaidens since I've never had the pleasure of playing them.

But if they made an anime based on Suikoden and did a good job with it, I'd watch it no matter what. Regardless of which game it was bassed off.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur1027 wrote:
I agree that an anime of Suikoden II would be probably the best way to go. But part of me would still rather have an anime based off of the Suikogaidens since I've never had the pleasure of playing them.

But if they made an anime based on Suikoden and did a good job with it, I'd watch it no matter what. Regardless of which game it was bassed off.

I agree, either way, it will be something I would watch.
ayoloco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you would only watch, well I will collect it
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If ever anything about suikoden appears on TV or vcd or whatever, i'll go all out and obtain them...

Regardless of what kind it is, or which game its based on. Thats for sure...
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno. I think that there are two ways it could be done well -

1 - Cutting the cast down to the main characters with a few of the more popular/interesting backround characters thrown in as recruited Stars of Destiny. Over-all, the plot would have to stick to the main cast and be about the main cast. There would be little room for characters not related to the main story.

2 - Making a movie completely different from, but inspired by, Suikoden. Certain themes from the game - fate or free will, runes, collecting allies, moral corruption leading to goverment corruption, etc - would be present, but the plot would not be based around any specific game, and the characters would probably be completely different.

I think the first approach would have more success with fans; the latter would have more success in converting new fans. Most likely, though, I think that it would be a mishmash between the two attempted; something with a new plot/characters, but promises of "old friends return!" and "you'll never guess who's back!" and such.

I think that, if they were going to go for an adaption, Suikoden 1 or Suikoden 2 would have the best plotlines. Both are linear enough that an adaption would be easy enough to plan, and the major characters already have a somewhat anime-like design. Suikoden III would not be bad, but the triple viewpoint would make things difficult.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps a Gaiden-style story would be more appropriate, if they ever decide to make an anime series. Or Suikoden III style, with multiple POVs, that allowed more characters to be put under the spotlight.

Actually, I don't really consider animating Suikoden as that good of an idea. I would probably just wait and see... maybe it would work out after all.
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if they did a series that covered all of the games, animating it would work. It probably wouldn't be possible to cover all 108 stars, but it would still be cool to watch.

If any one company were to produce the anime, I think that Gainax would be the best choice.

Gainax has produced in-depth animes such as Neon Genesis Evengalion and FLCL(maybe not so in-depth).

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think there is already a suikoden Anime, saw it somewhere on E-bay....
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a Suikoden anime.

But it has nothing to do with the Suikoden games.

It's based on the same book as the games, that's why the name's the same. But there ends the similarities between them.

And i've heard it sucks.

All the way to the edge of this world
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not the suikoden you're thinking of though. I've never seen it, but I know it has no affiliation with the games whatsoever. Personally, I think if they did do a Suikoden anime, it should be about an entire new group of stars, with maybe a few returning characters, ie) Flik, Viktor, Jeane, Viki, Futch, Apple. The only problem would be an overabundance of episodes, since there are 108 stars, there would have to be a lot of episodes in order to incorporate all characters, and even if there are some episodes where multiple characters join, there will still need to be some episodes left for the end of the series after all of the stars are collected.
EZ_Rabbit

The Blade Lackshmana

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am all for NEW information from an anime.

I dont see any reason to rehash story we all already know.

Instead I could see a story that shows the Dragon Knights, Howling Voice,
Ninjas, etc... in an in-depth manner.

Something that offers a large cast, but focuses on a small group of the playable chars.

A story revloving arounf Futch and Humphrey, or Flik and Viktor would be cool.

But I'd really like something about the early history, like Warrior's Viillage,
or maybe somethigng with early Harmonia.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new story would be fine, but I think the story of Suikoden 1 would do well as an anime. The Gensui2 story is a bit complex, and the main character too undefined for anime plotlines. I think its story, while amazing in game form, would be cheapened if it were put into a more concrete media. Gensui1 on the other hand, is clearer. The characters are simpler to portray. The struggle is more dramatic. I think it would simply compliment the anime media better.

I have to agree that 108 characters wouldn't fit well into a series either. A gaiden-style story might work better. Either that, or they could simply SAY there were 108 stars, and only show a small number of them. Too many characters in an anime only makes the deapth of those characters diminish.

Aside from the idea of an anime, I think a live-action mini-series could be interesting too. If they did it well, it could gain more of an audience with those who wouldn't have even played the game. The Suikoden stories are wonderfully thought out and I think they could fit into almost any format, be it weekly cartoon, mini-series, live-action series, or film. I just think they need to change the focus and structure of how they TELL the story for each format. (maybe chose which story to use, or if they wanted to create a new story for that format as well.)

Needless to say, whenever anything based upon the suikoden world is released, I will buy it and watch/read/play it a good 10X over!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: