Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Was Pesmerga in suikoden 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They had to get rid of Pesmerga for SIII because Yuber's primary rival was Geddoe. They gave Yuber such a huge role, that if they brought Pesmerga back in the picture it would distract from the central plot of the Destroyers. Geddoe was quite a worthy opponent/antagonist to Yuber without complicating things.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well he was a True Rune owner after all, although I'm not sure if he has the brute strength or the coolness factor to counter Pesmerga haha (just kiddin here Pezzy fanboys).

It was best for the story NOT to have him there. I can see the whole Pesmerga/Yuber chse would get old very soon, especially with little or no interaction.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
They had to get rid of Pesmerga for SIII because Yuber's primary rival was Geddoe.

Well, that could be correct when looking at the even at the Ceremonial Site, where Hugo would be the FC (as i'm sure we all unaminously agree he fits this role better than Geddoe and Chris), going to Retrieve the True Fire Rune, while Geddoe retrieves his True Lightning Rune, and goes up against Yuber in the process.

But i didn't see any rivalry between Geddoe and Yuber. More Hugo and Yuber, since Hugo was beaten twice by our bowler-hat-wearing fiend...unless you managed to beat him at those two occasions. I also saw more of a dual rivalry of Chris and Aila versus Sarah. But I don't remember seeing an encounter of Geddoe with Yuber...until Chapter , that is. Can you elaborate on this, Nutflush?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*SIII Manga spoilers*

Well, even though its unofficial, the manga brings out the rivalry much better. It's during a fight with Yuber that Geddoe reveals that he has the True Lightning Rune (and summarily barbeques him). I'm only up to 4 because they're slow hitting the shelves in the U.S., but at the end of 4 Geddoe tries talking Sana out of giving Hugo the True Fire Rune, and Yuber (along with the other Destroyers) shows up.

The final page is a preview of volume 5, and it says "The battle between Geddoe and Yuber continues... and this time, Yuber won't be suprised by Geddoe's powers!"

Also, as you mentioned, when Hugo/Chris is the FC, Geddoe has a great confrontation with Yuber at the Ceremonial Site.

All I'm saying is that Pesmerga would have brought their side-story to the main focus, and it would have distracted from the central plot of the Destroyers. Based on the limited evidence I have, I think Geddoe is a worthy (unofficial) rival, which makes Pesmerga obsolete in SIII.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's another case of 'why isn't character x in game blah blah?' yay...

i'm glad pesmerga wasn't there; he's not interesting to begin with, and not really a mainline character *as of yet, but that could change if there are more suikos.*

there may or may not be the big showdown between the two *i don't care one way or the other* but to keep bringing back old characters for the sake of placating fans is silly-if they serve no purpose, then they don't belong, even passingly in a conversation, ala miklotov.

geddoe was a better choice for the reasons mentioned previously; supposedly, to have inserted pesmerga into the same situation *rumor control* is to have an end to the series, so are you saying 'hey, i want the showdown and the series to end?'

i hope not; there are still some stories left to tell, and i'd like to know more about the world, as opposed to some sideline story of yuber vs. pesmerga. i have a strange feeling that the story behind those two is somehow anti-climatic after this 'big mystery' that supposedly revolves around them is revealed.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Anton Misri

Mages of Cups

165978 Potch
6363 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this proof that geddoe IS Pesmerga!!

Joke joke!! No kill me!

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
i have a strange feeling that the story behind those two is somehow anti-climatic after this 'big mystery' that supposedly revolves around them is revealed.

You're not the only one Sybillious

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He would have had a face if he was in III and I never saw him.

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
sybillious wrote:
i have a strange feeling that the story behind those two is somehow anti-climatic after this 'big mystery' that supposedly revolves around them is revealed.

You're not the only one Sybillious

I dunno. The original creator said the final showdown of Peshy and Yuber wouldn't be until the series concluded. Given how Yuber goes on about Chaos, I think the two of them will somehow be at the forefront of the whole Order versus Chaos thing. My guess is, if they continue with that in mind now that he left the series, that they will be the forefront of the final conflict.

But this has probably been said several times before.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been said many times before, which is why syb used the word "anti-climatic" because if it is this battle that has been pondered around the forums for so long, we're already expecting it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes but why assume it can't live up to expectations, in the long run?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We assume because of all the over-hype surrounding Pesmerga and Yuber that the end result will be less than expected. You're free to assume that I will be wrong, but nobody knows until the story is revealed.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, you know what they say about "assume." Funny thing is, we're both making our assumptions, so what does this say about this topic?

Harukaze out.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm definetly sure that Pesmerga is NOT in Suikoden 3. He would have appeared if he was.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
bowler-hat-wearing fiend

Is it wrong that I laughed at that for like ten minutes?

With regards to Pesmerga showing up in 3, we all know it didn't happen (unless he was disguised)

Anyway, the battle will probably be anti-climactic and let us down. The only way I can see it living up to our expectations is if they have a one on one duel on top of two school busses that are caught in seperate tornados, at the super bowl, and nachos have to come out of the console for us to eat, and then the console has to get up and kill your in-laws.

THEN I WILL BE SATISFIED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: