Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

FFX-2 (Spoilers, if you haven't played it)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Which chapter is 4?
The one with Rin's tournament?
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's a nice little cheat to use when beating Paragon and Trema. I'll share it if you're still interested in getting the 100% ending.

Ya know, I thought it was a decent game. I thought there were too many missions, the majority of which were way too easy. I liked the fast-paced battles (changing dresspheres and special dresspheres was a waste of time though). Vegnagun was hyped way too much, he was especially easy if you trained in the Bevelle dungeon (where I had all the girls at least level 97). The best sub-story was the Crimson Spheres and the Den of Evil. I liked how the pieces got linked together and how it related to Yuna's quest.

I dunno, the story was just too simple once you cut out all the fluff side-missions (like Lulu's baby). I couldn't really get into it, nor could I feel the same amount of distress about the plight of the world as compared the the first one. It just left a lot to be desired for me.

Oh, and the perfect ending, after spending 73 hours to get there, was simply NOT worth it. I felt all the time that I put into the game was for nothing. For that, it'll be a very long time before I pick this game up again.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luna Nova wrote:
Which chapter is 4?
The one with Rin's tournament?

It's the one with all the CommSpheres, if I remember right, and the concert at the end (which I have to say was pretty good).

St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
There's a nice little cheat to use when beating Paragon and Trema. I'll share it if you're still interested in getting the 100% ending.

Ya know, I thought it was a decent game. I thought there were too many missions, the majority of which were way too easy. I liked the fast-paced battles (changing dresspheres and special dresspheres was a waste of time though). Vegnagun was hyped way too much, he was especially easy if you trained in the Bevelle dungeon (where I had all the girls at least level 97). The best sub-story was the Crimson Spheres and the Den of Evil. I liked how the pieces got linked together and how it related to Yuna's quest.

I dunno, the story was just too simple once you cut out all the fluff side-missions (like Lulu's baby). I couldn't really get into it, nor could I feel the same amount of distress about the plight of the world as compared the the first one. It just left a lot to be desired for me.

Oh, and the perfect ending, after spending 73 hours to get there, was simply NOT worth it. I felt all the time that I put into the game was for nothing. For that, it'll be a very long time before I pick this game up again.

Yeah I really didn't take anything seriously. And I agree about Vegnagun; I was about level 70 and it took me no more than 10 minutes, 15 at the most to best it and Shuyin. That's what took the fun out of the ending..I agree with everything else you've said too. But none the less, I love it for its quirkiness.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering I never survived nearly far enough to see Paragon, let alone Trema, I'll pass. I don't own the game either, and have since had to return it.
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:

You mean besides the Catnip/Trigger Happy trick? What is it?

I so agree about the Vegnagun part. It was just pathetically easy. I remember hearing people say they just switched to Berserkers, made them berserk, and walked away.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um, no, it was the catnip/trigger happy thing. :D It works every time! (I would never have gotten done with the 100 floors without "cheating").

My main setup was Yuna as a Gunner, Paine as a Dark Knight, and Rikku as an Alchemist. Man, I loved the Alchemist in that game! I'd just spam mega-potions every turn, which healed Paine each time she did Darkness (which can do 9999 damage when you equip her right in the 90s) and Yuna had the catnip/trigger happy get up for all the main bosses near the end of the game.

I regret the dungeons were so simple and the missions so insignificant (or insulting to your intelligence--monkey match-making!?!?) and boring. St. Ajora, I know what you mean about its quirkiness, but I just can't bring myself to replay that game.

Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh geez, that's your trick? You can't survive against the giant snail boss without that trick without that trick, not realistically. That's how I even got as far as I did, down there.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't learn it until way past that guy (I think there was some Samurai instant-death skill that I used for the giant snail thing). I think I found out about the catnip/trigger happy cheat when I actually got to Paragon (and I didn't actually need it until I got to Trema himself).

I can only conclude that you are not a very determined gamer. ;) Just messing with ya!

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy X-2 and Charlies Angels have 2 things in common
1.Girls in skimpy clothing
2. They both suck.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha. Well, I agree with the skimpy clothing relation, but I wouldn't say X-2 sucks. Sure, when you compare it to the other Final Fantasys it seems lame and weak, and the story was a little of both. But I found the battle system to be very entertaining, and enough variety to overlook the other faults. I have to admit though if the battle system wasn't as fun, I would have finally found an FF that I would refuse to beat. 8)
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I thought it was alright. Mainly because of the fan service (so many hot guys haha) But stiiiiillllllll! I'm so angry! I got friggin 99% (probably 99.5 or 6....) man it took soooo long. I'm definetly not beating it again. Someone in here said they downloaded the perfect ending. That's exactly what I'm doing!
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had the unfortunate pleasure of finishing this game with 100%....

If you ask me, the game was quite a let down. It was an almost historic event, Final Fantasy was going to Finally (I'm such a punster) release a direct sequel to another game, and it was going to have a whole different feel than the original. To be honest, I would've been much happier had they kept with the original style of Final Fantasy X. It would have made for a much better game, a game where you don't get frustrated at the percent counter on the save file index, a game where you don't start to hate Rikku for saying the most inane things a human can conjure, and a game where the best character is a bondage loving mute with perpetual bad hair day.

The plot simply seemed so insipid. The characters had no flow together with the exception of Paine and Rikku, their relationship was actually not bad. I fell in love with Final Fantasy because of its great plots and characters. Though that's now in question after the orignal FFX, with FFX-2 it's almost questionable whether Square-Enix can produce a game created for anyone but the casual gamer, who doesn't know a great plot from a hole in the ground.

The only thing I actually liked about this game was part of the battle system. I could simply just walk around and do battles for an inordinate amount of time. That almost made the game redeemable in my eyes, almost, but not quite. In pursuit of that 100% that I so desired I would have to do the most ridiculous sidequests I've seen in a Final Fantasy game. Back in 6, 7 and 8 the side quests were great, and a lot of fun. This time around they were just tedious.

Now you may say, "Hey Brecht0 why did you get 100% if you abhor this game so much?" And I'll tell you why. Because I have to complete what I start, even if I hate doing it. Hence, finishing this game was nearly required to do. I had to see if at least the ending was redeeming. It wasn't.

The ending was another thing about the game that irked me. I didn't like it at all. Not even the perfect ending, it still sucked.

All in all the game was only a let down, it wasn't an actually bad game. Simply too mediocre for Squaresoft standards.

6/10.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my goodness...I just saw the """""perfect ending""""". WHAT A LETDOWN! That was so crap! And I had no emotions flowing through me whatsoever. Except anger. I'm so glad I didn't replay the game.
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i didn't really like the game
most of the time it was happy go lucky which in my opinion doesn't feel right for a rpg
their world was still kind of the same
there were more annoying sidequests than actual storyline based quests
doing all that stuff for 100% which is needed for the perfect ending was also a little b****

something good about the game was the music
no not the corny one at the begining but 1000 words

the characters' looks did improve but i don't really like Yuna's personality
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: