Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Naruto
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though I most likely won't get an opportunity to watch any of the anime until/unless it gets licensed and translated into English, I don't think there's anything to worry about until scenes like Goku and Frieza gazing into each others' eyes for who knows how many episodes, which is supposed to span a total of five minutes real time, or annoyingly long power-up sequences with terrible voice acting.

I wonder how Naruto would have turned out had Kishimoto gone with his original idea for the series. I can't remember if there was a one-shot or not, but if there was, it would be cool to see it as an extra story in either the American Shonen Jump or a future volume of the Naruto graphic novels.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope it never gets translated in engligh. It sort of killed the Shaman King series with the english dubbing but I guess there would be no other way to watch it then.

Episode 118 of the series was released this Wednesday, I just finished watching it. It was a brilliant episode.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Episode 119 should be released by Dattebyo late tonight... I'm waiting.... *dies* ^_^

With a series as big as Naruto it's really inevitable that it'll be liscensed. I hope to god neither Viz, nor Funimation pick it up. Although, if it ever is dubbed I hope adultswim airs it, I never watch anything else for anime. (I don't get any other channels that air anime.... Cartoon Network is all. -_-)

Naruto's first appearence was in a one shot type manga... although he wasn't even a ninja. ^^ I don't remember the specifics, but I think a fan letter inspired him to write more about Naruto, but got tired of drawing the goggles every single square, so he created the whole ninja headband thingy.... and yada.

Todays episode is the first part pf Kimimaru's (spelling? Spoilers the guy who uses his own bones as weapons... O_o ) battle. Looks to be interesting... ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wahoo! I finally got to see the first episode with out errors :D JOY!!!
Now I've got to wait for the other 117 episodes to finish! :mrgreen:
The series looks good so far to me...
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You notice the excessive use of gigantic heads kida dissapates after the first three episodes. ^_^ The show takes a more serious turn.... meaning fewer gigantic yelling heads.... those heads freak me out... =P ^_^ My favorite episode was episode 72 spoilers: they made that part of Saru's death very, very, sad in the anime, much more so then it was in the manga...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

According to anime news network Naurto is going to be licensed!!! Bad News!!! Here's the press release!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=851

SHOPRO ENTERTAINMENT NAMED
MASTER LICENSOR FOR JAPANESE PHENOMENON, NARUTO

TV TOKYO Corporation And Shueisha Inc. Appoint ShoPro Entertainment To Represent TV, Home Video And Merchandising Rights In North America And Latin America For
Much Anticipated Ninja Hit, Naruto

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA (February 15, 2005) —ShoPro Entertainment, Inc. which recently announced it's upcoming merger with VIZ, LLC to form one of the entertainment industry's most innovative, comprehensive manga and animation licensing and publishing companies, announced today that it has secured from worldwide licensors, TV TOKYO Corporation and Shueisha Inc., the television, home video and merchandising rights to Naruto for North America and Latin America. The appointment of ShoPro Entertainment as Master Licensor was facilitated by TV TOKYO Medianet, the licensing arm of TV TOKYO.

ShoPro Entertainment, the San Francisco based affiliate of ShoPro Japan, plans to introduce a dynamic roll-out strategy that will leverage the strong manga and entertainment brand into a broad licensing and marketing program. Naruto's television broadcast partner and key licensing partners will be determined shortly.

"We are ecstatic about Naruto! It is a great privilege to be bringing such an outstanding property to the Americas," said John Easum, Senior Vice President of ShoPro Entertainment. "Naruto became an explosive hit in Japan after it was first launched in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in 1999 and it continues to be an enormous success. Naruto has also established a very large American fan base through the US manga series published by VIZ. We anticipate a huge success."

First introduced into the Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan in 1999, Naruto quickly became Japan's most popular ninja manga. In 2000, Naruto was expanded into a series of graphic novels and is currently in its 26th volume, with nearly 49 million copies sold in total in Japan. Weekly Shonen Jump, published by one of Japan's largest publishers, Shueisha Inc., is considered the world's most successful comic magazine with over 3 million copies printed weekly in Japan alone.

Since 2003, the Naruto series has been serialized in the US edition of the monthly Shonen Jump, and published as a graphic novel series by VIZ, LLC. At retail, Naruto consistently ranks as one of the top graphic novel titles in the US and one of the most popular titles serialized in SHONEN JUMP. The manga has also been published in most major markets in Europe and Asia to great success.

Targeting tweens and teens, the Naruto animated series, produced by PIERROT CO., LTD. debuted in Japan in October 2002 on TV TOKYO and quickly established itself as one of TV TOKYO's highest rated animated series. Today, Naruto is considered one of the most popular animated series in Japan's history and has achieved immense success not only as a manga and TV title, but also in the realm of licensed categories such as toys, trading card games and video games.

The story of Naruto takes place in another world where ninjas are the ultimate power. In the village of Konohagakure live some of the stealthiest and most respected ninjas in the land. But 12 years prior, Konohagakure faced a fearsome threat - a nine-tailed fox demon, which terrorized the village and caused massive destruction before it was finally defeated. The Hokage, the village leader and most powerful ninja, was able to subdue the fox by sealing its soul inside the body of an orphaned baby boy. Now that boy, Uzumaki Naruto, has grown up to become a ninja-in-training, learning the art of ninjutsu with his classmates Sakura and Sasuke. The trio of student ninjas study under the instruction of their teacher, Kakashi. With Kakashi, the group faces a series of dangerous and daunting tests and challenges. Through their adventures, the young ninjas learn the importance of friendship, teamwork, loyalty, hard work, creativity, ingenuity, and right vs. wrong.

The key characters are Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura. Naruto, shunned by the village because he bears the taint of the fox demon imprisoned within him, is a rascally orphan who has grown into an attention-seeking troublemaker. Although his preoccupation with playful pranks leaves him struggling to graduate from Ninja Academy, he's determined to become the next Hokage. Sasuke, the top student in Naruto's class, comes from the prestigious Uchiha clan. Sasuke is driven by a secret desire to win revenge against a mysterious person who wronged him in the past. And the smart and studious Sakura is
the brightest of Naruto's classmates, but she is constantly distracted by her crush on Sasuke. She hopes to some day win Sasuke's heart...if Naruto doesn't get in the way.

About ShoPro Entertainment/VIZ LLC
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, ShoPro Entertainment and VIZ, LLC recently announced their upcoming merger to become one of the most comprehensive and innovative companies in the field of manga publishing, animation and entertainment licensing of Japanese content. The new company, whose name will be announced shortly, will be owned by three of Japan's largest creators and licensors of manga and animation, Shogakukan Inc., Shueisha Inc. and Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd. (ShoPro Japan).

ShoPro Entertainment/ VIZ is a leader in the publishing and distribution of Japanese manga for English speaking audiences in North America and a global licensor of Japanese animation. The new company offers an integrated product line including magazines such as SHONEN JUMP and SHOJO BEAT, graphic novels, videos, DVDs, audio soundtracks and develops and markets animated entertainment starting from initial production, television placement and distribution, to merchandise licensing and promotions for audiences and consumers of all ages.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I heard the terrible news. And guess what, I come to bring more. -_- I had hope Naruto's popularity wqould secure it a spot on Adultswim... but nope, it appears that Naruto, along with One Peice will be airing on Toonami this summer. (I believe it's May). Well... the Naruto RAW's are still being released but all the fan subbers have stopped. Maybe I'll download RAW... but I think I'll wait for the to release the DVD Part 5(FX) then I can see the next few episodes.

The only good news is that it was licensed by a company that works is now part of Viz, and I know they did a good job with Inuyasha, so they should be able to a good job with Naruto. Also ShoPro Entertainment is an extension of a Japanese based company that is part of TV Tokyo, I think. So the names shouldn't be screwed. One can only hope we aren't seeing a Nathan the Magic Ninja by the end of the year. -_-

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: How many volumes is the manga for the Naruto series. The stupid Inuyasha manga is like 30 volumes. You all may have answered this already but I didn't reed any of the other posts in this thread so it wouldn't spoil anything. If someone could just PM the answer it would be great.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only 5 volumes have been translated for the US, and the 6th comes out in may. Though in Japan they're in the middle of the 27th, and have a total of 26.

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:

The only good news is that it was licensed by a company that works is now part of Viz, and I know they did a good job with Inuyasha, so they should be able to a good job with Naruto. Also ShoPro Entertainment is an extension of a Japanese based company that is part of TV Tokyo, I think. So the names shouldn't be screwed. One can only hope we aren't seeing a Nathan the Magic Ninja by the end of the year. -_-

I don't know, i her VIZ messes up lots of things, like the Manga version of things like Yu-Gi-Oh and some other series.

I saw some LJs and people complain about the Naurto dub, with speculations on how bad it may be. Some Animes are alterd so much, that they remove any Japan referances...meaning "OMG it takes place in Japan, lets pretend the're in America"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luckily they didn;t do that with Inuyasha.

Though I am a bit worried. Viz changed alot of the Technique names to really stupid things. I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread. But more to the point, I really don't want to see Naruto running around Yelling'The Art of the Doppleganger'. -_- That would be extremely stupid sounding.

Cyrano

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

damn it!!! why god why!!!!!!!!!! i just hpe they won't stop posting the translation of the naruto manga on narutofan.com.... as long as i can still read it, i'll be fine with it! hahahahahha
GoatLord

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's all the fuss about? AOne and DB are still subbing Naruto, and they are likely to continue subbing it until the series ends, or ShoPro sends them a cease and desist letter. I'm not too worried about the latter, as Inuyasha was subbed till the end.

Now, I'm not too worried about Viz screwing things up in the dub too much, though after watching 123 episodes in Japanese, the English voices just won't feel right. My only concern is that there is ample opportunity to make a lot of jutsus sound stupid. I'm crossing my fingers that they don't try to make any of them rhyme. Oh Inuyasha, why couldn't you just stop at Iron Reaver.

Anyway, you can stop crying now, Naruto is still available in delicious fansub form. 124 by DB is out already. I'm holding out for AOne, but not even a speed sub could detract from the awesomeness that is assured by this episode. My excitement is scarcely containable.
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh. I've heard about Naruto quite a bit from people on my Livejournal friends list. The show is supposedly like crack. I guess I could believe that given how often it's talked/written about. Has a very active fandom(but not like Yu-Gi-Oh), and they tend to be a bit vocal too.

I have one episode downloaded, but thanks to other anime(like Full Metal Alchemist and Yu-Gi-Oh) and other things, I just haven't gotten around to seeing it. I did get volume one of the manga though.

I'm glad it's licensed because now, I can finally see it without filling my computer up with anime. I just hope it doesn't get butchered the way Yu-Gi-Oh seems to have been.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Viz did a crappy job translating the manga, I suggest downloading it at Narutofan... it only takes a few seconds, considering the files are very, very, tiny. The show doesn't have too much blood, no nudity, or 'homosexual themes' (XD Gravitation... ^^) so I don't think it'll be edited too badly. Although some of the Japanese humor will probably be lost in the translation process...

Edit: wait.... as for the 'homosexual themes'... there is Haku... but they'll prolly turn him into a woman. ^_^

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 2 of 43

Jump to: