Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

IGN's Suikoden IV preview
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: IGN's Suikoden IV preview Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On IGN they had a preview of 27 "Stars of Destiny" (of course about 6 or 7 of them are confirmed non-stars). Is the "translation" of Cheipoo correct (they called him Kip)? Or is that an error on the writer- Jeremy Dunham (correct me if I am wrong, but isn't he not that popular to Suikoden players)? I just hope he gets a clue. If I counted correctly, then 7 of the "stars of destiny" weren't stars at all (spoilers: Grahm Clay, Troy, Glen, Colton, Brandeu, the Governor, and the Assassin).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The official website has it as "Chiepoo".
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really hope that's an error on IGNs part. Chiepoo is a cute name for a Nay-Kobold; Kip just doesn't sound the same. ;_;
The demo also had him named as Chiepoo.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess the writer had a few screws loose when he wrote that. I am happy they did not change the name (Cheipoo sounds much better).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IGN seems to do quite horribly when it comes to Suikoden. -_-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That seems to be true, but they did a pretty good job at Suikoden 3. I just wish they would do that again (revealing 10 actual stars a day).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is expected from Jeremy Dunham. He's the guy who said Pesmerga and Tir McDohl is back in Suikoden 3.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apart from the lots of error on the author's part, this kind of feature for a Suikoden installment is one of its kind. It's interesting to learn about these characters from a gaming site POV, just before the official release. Of course, if he had done some research, like the rest of us who went through the hassle of studying all 108 Stars of Destiny (etc) long before its release, it would have been significantly better, ja.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did a double on take on "Kip" particularly since the demo has him as "Chiepoo" in both name and dialogue (though I'm not sure if iwas also included in any of the spoken dialogue).

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More characters have been posted. Most of the names seem to be translated correctly (or close enough). However, I'm not exactly sure how Rene became The Unknown Girl. =P
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Easy! They couldn't find her name, for as fathomable - read: not at all - a reason as why they named Chiepoo "Kip."
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some of the descriptions are totally wrong. The spoilers are also incredible. It's best for people to not read that article at all.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tried to skip over some possibly spoiler-laden characters. One thing I did notice about the article was the horrendous grammar. Doesn't it bother IGN that some of their editors' english language skills blow?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess not. I am only in 9th grade and I have better grammar than them. I also skipped over the spoilers. How in the world do they say some of those people are Stars of Destiny when they are not? I guess Jeremy Dunham is as big as an a**hole as they say he is.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For example, when I read Thelma's entry, I pretty much had no idea what Jeremy was talking about. It really didn't describe Thelma at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: