Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

is sailor moon good?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, how are you St. Ajora?

I have actually seen angel sanctuary. I found it to be an anime that would really leave you with an unpredictable ending. But as you said, the "romance" in that anime was rather ummm...... different. I'll look into the other ones.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen it myself, but Monster is suppose to be a very dark anime. Also, are you just looking for anime, or manga too? Because a personal favourite of mine is Confidential Confessions, very depressing.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been to many sites to ask 'what anime should I download' (I go to sites where they download via P2P so i can ask about downloading) I will recommend to you what they recommened for me. (I prefer action, fighting and fantasy by the way)

-.Hack/sign - .hack/Liminality then .Hack/Dusk

-Cowbow bepop

-Hellsing

-Ranma (I dunno how many seasons there are)

-Naruto (I added this, it seems to be very popular over the net.)

If you want some manga animations here are some which I have seen and think are good...

-Guyver episode 1-12 (There are three bio-boosted armour suits in which Sho our main character finds one and becomes the Guyver. Great action series, very addictive and full of action.)

-Street Fighter 2 the motion picture/the animated movie (Pretty good, but not for some people)

-Shadow Skill (Pretty good)

And for the rest (original video animation a.k.a OVA, movies and other anime/manga stuff)

-Dirty Pair Flash (action, comedy, two fine gals...)

-HunterXHunter Greed Island (people face a life and death situation in a video game)

-Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust (a half man hlaf vampire chases one full vampire on a mission to retrieve a gal...Great storyline)

-Fatal Fury - Fatal Fury : legend of the lonly wolf - Fatal Fury 2

-Street Fighter Alpha -Street Fighter 2v (some good parts but mostly boring)

-Sin (futuristic police against alien being like things

-Zone of the Enders (futuristic action, includes robots piloted by people from both Earth and Mars, pretty good, english subs needed... unless you understand japanese.)

That's all I'll list for now, but when I recieve more great reviews or when people recommend some anime/manga animation to me i'll post them here.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX, almost all those anime are released in both the US, Japan, and I think Canada. I'm not sure what country you live in, but if it's any of those, then you should be aware that downloading almost any of those anime you intend to is illegal. It's illegal even if you delete it after 24 hours. It's illegal if you only download the fansub and not the official . In fact, it's pretty much illegal.

It would have taken you no time at all to figure out most of those anime are licensed - they're all big name anime, with the exception of Naruto, of which the manga is licensed but the anime is not, AFAIK - there's almost no way you could be a fan of anime and NOT know that any of those have been licensed. (Especially Ramna, which is one of the earliest released anime in the US.)

Downloading any of those anime save Naruto are illegal. I suggest if you're not sure you want to invest money in them, that you rent the series first - lots of places rent anime now and I'm sure you'll be able to find the first disk for no more than 2-4 dollars, depending on where you live. If you don't want to spend money on it at all, well, you have to question how much you wanted to see it in the first place.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

JNX....bloddlust was well....seemingly horrible. I played the VHD game and its the same story, just lacking or adding in events, well the game had events the orginal movie did (Like D lossing his hand)

Its sad when licencing goes arwy, Salior Moon, Pokemon and the others have been mulitualted...then to make matters wores there comes "american anime" i take these newish shows just are drawn in the Japanese animation style huh?) (totaly spies, that wan't from Japan right? I try to look for subtle things but I could be wrong or they could of had them try and emulate "japanese things", besides its like Charlie's Angles)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay i am in the UK, It is extremely rare to find an anime/manga where I am, the only one that I have found is ghost in the shell, that was in a GAME store. As for Ranma, I know that one was licenced, I've seen it, all of it after buying them from Hong Kong. Yes most of them may be illegal... but I don't know which ones but risk it I shall. I can't find any other anime/manga within miles that I know of and don't want to import for I have no trust for online odering... well ok I might have a little bit of trust but still I will not order. So the only way I saw was to download... well it was advised to me and successful it is and shall stay... I hope. It's not that I'm disrepectful or anything like that but there doesn't seem to be any other way I can get them... I'm not in the U.S or in Tokyo where they have anime and manga left and right, but if I could go there, trust me I would. it's a dump here (this is only my opinion, you people who actually love the UK can think what you want).. The main point is this, it is almost impossible for me to get my hands on a decent anime or manga,after around 5 hours of searching and travelling with mates, I find one or two... Ghost in the shell and evangelion which I bought and watched (death and rebirth i think it was)... any ideas?
Shishi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the whole love story ordeal with Sailor Moon, I watched all the seasons in Japanese sub, I recommend it if it's in Japanese dubbed... The American version changed the sexes several characters and even made Neptune and Uranus cousins u.u;; which annoyed me :/ however the last episode of the last season (Sailor Stars) will leave you hanging... leaving you some unanswered questions that they never made clear. But, Sailor Moon is quite good, plus it's the very first anime I saw, so it'll be stuck in my hard for a very long time ^^;;; oh to add I must say that each season might get repetative with fighting monsters and killing them over and over with the same spells, hehe... thought I should add that :3

However, some new animes that are quite good are Bleach, Midori No Hibi, Girls Bravo, Kurau, and many more... although Inuyasha would always be my favorite :D oh you might like Detective Conan as well... I believe it's called Case Closed in America hehe :d
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: