Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

is sailor moon good?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: is sailor moon good? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, how are you?

I hear a lot of people like an anime called sailor moon. Is it a real good anime?
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it, but that might be because it was the first anime I ever watched (except possibly Pokemon) Overall, I like the later seasons more though (Go Sailor Saturn! :mrgreen: )

(Also, I'm not sure, but I think you're avatar might be bigger then allowed, might want to change it)
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Moon is a decent anime, it was also my first anime, and yes that is a rathe large avatar.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, the avatar is 128 pixels too wide and 187 pixels too high. The maximum dimensions are a height of 150 pixels and a width of 120 pixels. If you don't have the programs to resize it yourself, I can do it for you.

Board Rules wrote:

4. Images
Avatar size is limited to 150 pixels in height x 120 pixels in width , and signature images is limited to one image 200 pixels in height, and 700 pixels in width. Violators will be penalized by 10 soldiers/pixel that goes beyond the allowable tolerance.

I won't deduct soldiers this time, but I should point out that at the avatar's current size, it would require a deduction of 3150 soldiers.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well to be honest I have always found it to be repulsive and annoying. I dont fault anyone that likes the series but rather the creators who made the series far too immature and low brow humour. Sure it's meant for children but kids are still a bit more intelligent than that and they really need to make it a tad bit more mature for everyone to at least tolerate a bit more than they do. But I dont know maybe things have changed around a bit since I tuned in for a few minutes to the show if it's even still on tv.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you like shoujo anime, I really advise something other than Sailor Moon.
Princess Tutu, Fruits Basket, or Gals is better

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's worth watching; it's a decent introduction to Shoujo anime, and one of the first "break through" anime series in the united states. (Yes, kids, there was a time when finding anime was hard and very few series were released in the US.) Do yourself a favor and try to watch the sub release if you can - the Dub is utter butchery, and a good example of how dubs //used// to be. Though it's not without it's fans, it simplifies the plot and edits a lot of stuff to make it more kid friendly. Animation is passable, but it's a fairly old series now so of course it's going to look quite a bit different from the stuff out there today. Has same cute music.

If you want an introduction to shoujo with a more ...surreal outlook, might I direct you towards Shoujo Kakumei Utena/Revolutionary Girl Utena?

And, for a final shoujo rec, you might enjoy Fushigi Yu(u)gi/The Mysterious Play as well. It's based on chinese myths and legends, and features a girl named Miaka (If you love Usagi/Serena, you will probably love Miaka) who gets sucked into ancient china via a book and has to go on an extrodinary adventure.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oof, it's alright for little girls... x_x (The manga, on the other hand, is at least decent.)
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Moon!! It's really good, not the best, but good!!

Yeah, I'd recommend it!!
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe, is it possible you've only seen the dubbed version in english? If so then I and atleast a few people here would agree with you, the ubbed is horrible (has horrible memories of that 'Sailor Moon Says' at the end of every episode x.x
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*waves* i stoped liking it when poeple arond me were become real people and had realtionships, sure there are implied "shonen ai" in gundamwing (where? maybe in the non american one) but I got to sad with um (can't spell either of her names) Sailor Moon and her boyfriend/husband lover guy...the mush amde me want to punch somone. so I watched the dub gundam wing, it was avialible beause it was on TV.

The dub was done by DIC who made things saccrain, at the time the rule that there must be so many minnutes of educational material in children's programing was in effect, at the end of each episode, as with most series there was a "comming up next" sengment, in the American dub, it was replaced with 'sailor says" a moral claptrap factory, letting kids know things about confidance or not talking to strangers.

The American version has sex changed a chara (or was that a rumor spred by ingnorant viewers?) they left out episodes and even changed words, one character exocizes evil mosters by saying "evil spirits be-gone", now she says "i call upon the power of mars" and throws her little papers around. it makes no sence because now its in the wrong culture.
The American version also changed the trasformation music, like all superheros tthe girls change from their humdrum selfs (well Usagi isn't very humdrum, she can be funny at times) to their "sailor versions"m each corrospond to a planet, most of the girls's personality go cannon with their astrological sign (Rei/Raye, an aries is short temperd)

as for immaturity, what the hell do you want form 14 year old girls? Ive seen enough to say most are in the mind frame of :OMG boyz...like oh shoping, candy...puppies".

the manga and show are vert differnt.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm... Sailor moon to me is rather childish, but not in a way that it's just meant for kids. It's rather immature in a weird kind of way, for some reason the certain parts seem to be mature, but only for a second and then it goes all kiddy and well(not stereotyping or trying to offend anyone) girly...
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First off, I'd like to apologize for posting an earlier comment and it got taken out of context :\ Sorry for anyone who had read it.

Anyway, SM is not a children's show. In North America we view it as such because hey, it was a first anime to many of us (myself included).

Quote:
The American version has sex changed a chara (or was that a rumor spred by ingnorant viewers?) they left out episodes and even changed words, one character exocizes evil mosters by saying "evil spirits be-gone", now she says "i call upon the power of mars" and throws her little papers around. it makes no sence because now its in the wrong culture

This is true, I believe that character is in the last season of SM. I don't think it was ever aired in english. It's also true for Zoicite, the "woman" who was in love with Malakite. Both of them were Queen Beryl's henchmen. So there was at least two instances of sex changes just to tone things done.

As for Sailor Mars, well 8 year olds don't care what is written on the paper. I can understand leaving out the exorcising evil spirits thing because that is kind of heavy for a pre teen to take in.
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm.... well this anime does sound interesting. The animes I am the most familiar with would be Nightwalker and Shamanic Princess. Their pretty good, but I usually like darker animes. I just want to try out a new anime. Thanks everyone for your replies.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Sailor Moon definately isn't "dark" with the exception of newer seasons, like the introduction of Sailor Saturn. Even though I've only seen bits and pieces of it, it's definately my favorite in terms of disturbance.

If you want a dark anime, try Witch Hunter Robin. It's dark in terms of content and animation. Ayashi no Ceres is always nice- it's a romantic/angst anime, that is just twisted...oh oh oh and Angel Sanctuary. That's a WONDERFUL anime and it leaves you hanging, and yes it is mature and dark. And also...disturbing, in terms of the romantic plot, like Ayashi no Ceres. You wont regret watching any of these.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: