Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Growlanser Generations(Anybody play it?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Growlanser Generations(Anybody play it?) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I rented this game the other day, started playing GL2, didn't touch GL3, and found it to be pretty enjoyable. The battle system takes a little getting used to, but once i figured it out it was neat. Any thoughts, or anyone play it? I need a good overview of the how many hours past 5 of the game there are, and well, if it's worth a buy.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this one for Christmas (Deluxe pack too :mrgreen: ). Same as you, i've only started on G2, and it is pretty fun, especially since I really like SRPGs, abnd this is a very good one (and a two-in-one deal). I don't particularly like the Ring system over Equipment, but it's okay.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The developers are Working Designs, knwing that I will probably pick it up sometime. Working Designs has made some wicked RPGs (Albert Odessey, Dragon Force, and Lunar series) Growlanser hopefully will live up to its predecessors. :)
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have picked it up as well though i wasnt really all that interested in the deluxe version and all the extra stuff that I didnt really want to get anyway. Would have just been a bother to have around. I mean sure it would cool collectors stuff but nah either way both games are excellent and I will be enjoying playing them for some time to come. Need to spend some more time building my characters levels in number two though but im sure i'll get around to it or something.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
The developers are Working Designs, knwing that I will probably pick it up sometime. Working Designs has made some wicked RPGs (Albert Odessey, Dragon Force, and Lunar series) Growlanser hopefully will live up to its predecessors. :)

No no no no no! The developer is Career Soft-- all Working Designs did was translate and distribute it. Working Designs has never made a game-- their primary team is made up of, like, five guys.

Bought the deluxe version, was extremely displeased, and I'm now debating whether or not I should trade it in. The reason for conflict is that III is a pretty good game, but II is just utter garbage.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

G2 is the easier game with a corny story. But to get the endings for all characters is tough. Every choice you make could make or break the possible endings you can get. I had to replay this game with a FAQ to get the majority of the endings. I wanted to get the endings because you can import your G2 characters into G3.

There are 3 major story branches though. One of them is pretty tough to get if you don't know the conditions. The thing that I enjoyed from this game that I never saw from another game (that I remember) was that the King gave me cash before he sent me on a mission. Paying for my expenses. More of the kings should do that when I have to save the world haha.

If you want a mage to clear every map for you before the enemies can act, give Arieta a technique gem, mage might, and mage might. Use the tech quicken aria and cast level 1 Quakes over and over and over. In the late game you could probably cast 9 level 1 quakes without the opposing enemy doing anything. Hans is horribly over powered as well.

G3 was alright except I didn't like the characters as much. Yeah G2 was corny, but I kind of liked the cliched characters. G3's characters are just uninspiring if you ask me. Monika with her `woe is me` attitude gets tiring. If she weren't such a kick ass character in battle I'd have nothing to do with her. Unlimited blessing bells means you can max stats very easily.

The story is a bit more epic and felt a little like a Suikoden. City states warring, betrayl, power struggles, large wars and a little taste of the super natural. The character endings were easier to get though. Didn't the random dungeons all look the same to you guys after a while?

I thought they were both decent games. The combination of the two games in one package is a great value in my opinion.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

No no no no no! The developer is Career Soft-- all Working Designs did was translate and distribute it. Working Designs has never made a game-- their primary team is made up of, like, five guys.

I didn't know that all I remember from those games is the Working Designs Logo, ah well Three cheers for Career Soft!!
William

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to say, the dialogue was funny, in a horrible sort of way. The way people talk is crazy, and bad at that......The ring system was different, i'll give it that, but was still...uh....inovative, I'll say...but I would have rather had equipment.

Is 3 that much better then two? I still don't know if I'm gonna pick it up, it was fun but I've got other games I've got to save up for, Suiko4,TimeSplitters3, the new wrestling game for the xbox, and maybe a few other rpgs.....
Mad Mage

0 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just beat Growlanser 2 and I loved it, despite the fact it only took about 15 hours. I can't wait to go back and find the extra paths, but first I have some other RPGs to play (Suikoden 4 anyone?).

I think several short storys like in Growlanser 2 is much better than one 50 hour RPG. It's fun to start over at level 1 and build your way up to the top. When you try to have 100 levels, things get unbalanced towards the end. That's why I like RPGs such as Saga Frontier, Mario RPG, and Megaman Battle Network.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am trying to play them, bought them a week ago, I like them. I guess I like 2 better then 3 (of course I have played 2 longer).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Growlanser two is pretty good but I got stuck in one particular battle right now and havent gotten around to leveling up my characters sufficiently before going at the battle again. But I will work on it and will eventually get past that point and I will work on getting through the game. Maybe i'll even get all the endings for all the characters while I am at it for that matter.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got it, but I'm spending most of my time on Star Ocan 3 right now...I got a little bit into Growlanser 2, it seems pretty good although I keep losing this one battle where I'm surrounded...and the levelling is hard at this point of the game. I'll probably work on it more as I go on.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I planned on buying this game along with my copy of Suikoden 4, but I looked on the price tag and I was like "Hell no...". I suppose I will just wait a year or so until the cost seems reasonable to me, that or it gets released in Australia in the new future. It is a shame though because I love all Strategy RPG's no matter how short they may be (such as Vandal Hearts). And if Growlanser 2 is only 15 hours or so then I think that Growlanser Generations should cost the price of only one game.

Well I suppose the price is not too unreasonable now that I double checked it, I just got thrown off when comparing its price to Suikoden 4, and I was looking at the unnecessary Deluxe Pack. Oh well maybe next time. May as well not change my whole post, but I have no rush to get these games all of a sudden or anything so I shall just wait until I order another few games from EB in a few months or so.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is the Deluxe set worth the money? I got one a few weeks ago but have not yet opened it, got a okay deal since gamestop slashed the 89.99 price by 10 bucks and I had that email 10% off thing from them. What's the game even like? I been eyeing it for about a year knowing I want to get it because it is a limited RPG release but never really figured out what this game is about, I was told it's a strategy game yet I don't see grids. It seem this game sold pretty well for the amount of it made since most stores I went to are out of the regular edition and I assume only has the deluxe because no one is willing to pay for that.
Anamanaguchi

1109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy000 wrote:
G2 is the easier game with a corny story. But to get the endings for all characters is tough. Every choice you make could make or break the possible endings you can get. I had to replay this game with a FAQ to get the majority of the endings. I wanted to get the endings because you can import your G2 characters into G3.

Growlanser II is not so easy, unless you FAQ it all the way thru. What do you mean the story is "corny"? It's definately a classic, reminds me a lot of the Lunar series. The diologue was pretty cool too, and the character designs were more than very nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: