Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Reflections & Resolutions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reflections & Resolutions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy New Year
everyone!

(I hesitated X4 before using coloured text ;) ...just joking)

I thought it would be nice to dedicate a topic to time! I just wanted everyone to write a little list of significant events that took place in 2004! and afterwards think of their New Year's resolutions!

So:

~Reflection... (anything you feel was remarkable, nice things & diddly things; anything at all, eg. the natural disaster, birth of your nephew, beating Suikoden 2 for the first time, finishing school etc...)

~New Year resolutions... (things you need to work on. This should remind you to stick to it)

You get the point. YES, this kind of stuff!! I just feel it's important to record this... affirm the good things and think of ways to better the bad things!!

I don't know about you, but I'm somewhat relieved 2004 is finally ending..nevertheless, I feel that it's worth remembering!
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well its 20 minutes to midnight here in New Zealand (we get the New Year first) so I'd like to wish everyone a VERY Happy New Year and hope 2005 is better in every way for all of you. All the best and enjoy, I'm out now to celebrate but I'll complete this list probably tomorrow when you guys are celebrating. :mrgreen:
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm reflection. Well it's been a crazy year, especially the last six months. Nothing outstanding really happened to me, but the thing that kept me going was knowing that I'll be graduating High School in 3 weeks! Booyah! And and and I got a job, and I'm struggling to get honours in school...nothing really exciting has been happening to me, but this last year was cool because the clock kept counting down to the time when I will become FREEEEE. It also sucked as much, for that very reason, and having to live with childish parents who always fight blah blah blah. It sucked being the only adult in the house, these past months.

Resolutions- Work on my people skills! I need to learn how to converse normally with strangers, for my job and it's hard, because I'm shy...my other resolution would have to be surviving the last three weeks of school in which we get all of the major assignments, and then have to study for exams...guh. But my main resolution is to try and better myself for my job.
KonRei

The Sharingan Archer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

today in the Philippines is January 1! hmmm...reflections and resolutions? kinda hard for me i'll try to:

- be nice on my enemies
- not to sleep in class
- study, study, STUDY!! i'm gonna graduate on April!

but not changing my hot-headed attitude!! :twisted:

Today's angel are tomorrow's devil...fear it, live it, die with it... -Kon Rei
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was crazy at work when I had to call up ANZ Bank in Australia and there was only one person left for the 24 hour help - imagine working a few hours before New Years Day! It still is crazy to me that you're having New Years right now in NZ - while it's only 7pm here!

Resolutions and reflections, hmmm, I think I'm going to try really hard against my bad habits mentioned in other forums lol...don't know how well that'll work, but then again, I've had a rectangle avatar for a few weeks now! Proud much!

Though I doubt tonight will be much fun, I feel as though I'm coming down with the flu again (I've not shaked this fully for about 3 months now :( so it's a bit of a kick happening on New Year's Eve). And of course, the Isle of Man Government decided that Fire Works are "too" obstructive to those who don't like them, and you need special permission to use fireworks now...even though you can buy them everywhere.

But mainly, my thoughts go back to the victims of the Tsunami, I hope the year to come is not as difficult as it's suspected to be. I hope our aid can help them re-build. Anyway, this is not the thread to dicuss that.

Mainly though, I hope this site stays as strong as ever; it really is the friendliest and most engrosing website I've ever visited!

To re-utter Luna Nova

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm well i dont really know if I would change anything as I am already perfect and absolutely cool in every possible way. Though I suppose there are a few things I could change as far as resolutions. As far as reflections I have spent way too much money on video games this year and I need to cut down on that I suppose but I probably wont end up doing so. Anyways here are the great and perfect resolutions that I have set out for next year.

Resolution numero uno: I need to lose some weight. I am not the lightest guy in the world and I would like to be able to look even greater than I already do. Some muscle mass wouldnt hurt either so I will probably eventually get around to this in some way but not in the near future. I do have some muscle though so I am far from a weakling.

Resolution numero deus: to spend less time on the internet and more time doing other more productive things like working. Yes I know this one will be a little more difficult than the other considering that i am on said internet right now. But I really must cut back on the time I spend on here so I can focus on more important things like making money.

and finally......

Resolution numero tres: Stop buying all the video games that I dont really want. I have this habit of that if I see a game that I might want to try out and I have the money to pick it up though I dont really know if I want to BUY it perse. So I really have to stop doing that cause im running out of luck when it comes to getting games as so far all the ones I have gotten havent sucked yet.

So there you have it folks those are my resolutions for next year and hey I still have eleven hours to party up this year before I set myself for change...or no change I dont really know yet. 8)

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reflection: I met a lot of nice folks playing FFXI. Doing so made the game much more enjoyable.

Resolution: I need to hang out with my friends a lot more often.
You find a Stack of Old Records.
You find a Broken Turntable.
You find 12 pieces of Goblin Chocolate.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aite, I'm back and awake with one hell of a hangover but who cares.......its 2005!!! :D

Reflection: Lets see here. I'm glad that the year was as eventful and successful for me (I finished my third year of uni......one more to go) as it was. I also feel for the Tsunami victims in the recent disaster......so good and bad.

New Year resolutions: Aiii, too many. Keep going to the gym and playing my sports. Bettering my guitar and dancing skills. Intensify the study time at uni. Possibly balance my time a little better (uni, work, friends, family and entertainment).

Best of luck to all of you with your New Year Resolutions. Congrats to St.Ajora and KonRei on their graduations and hopefully the Isle of Man Government decides that Fire Works are no longer destructive and legalises them again so that Fliktor can have a good time hehe. :wink:

Happy new year everyone! It should be around mid Europe right about now. :mrgreen:
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me 2004 was a so-so year and I am going to make sure 2005 is a great year.

Reflection- Best thing I did all year was actually, joining this forum and meeting some great people.

Resolution- I am going to enjoy all of the free time I have until I go back to school in spring, and play a lot of Suikoden IV when it arrives.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First of all, and most importantly, Happy New Year to everyone here!

For me, Year 2004 was indeed a hectic year, mainly for being the start of my (hopefully) final school year. It wasn't as bad as 2003, and I felt that time was beginning to pass very quickly. I don't think it was so special either... but really, when I think of it, every year is special!

LOL Beating games? ...Well, I did start and finish Sword of Mana and I really liked it. I also beat FF6 for the first time (although I started about two years ago). Other than that, I don't think I played a lot last year.

Of course, as Lord Dredd said, joining this forum was also one of the brilliant things I did at the end of last year. What else... Oh, yes, I befriended an adorable cat.

Many important events have been happening around the world lately, and I can't really brief everything right now; I am sure last year's main events can be found in more detail in other places.

New year's resolutions...

I am thinking of taking Music classes to refurbish my skills. It's not really a resolution; just a little plan.
I would also like to develop my painting skills. This one is a resolution!

There are also some things I am hoping to start learning.

Other than this, I haven't really thought much about the things I will be doing. I decided to leave this new year to the new year. Yes and beginning from this year hopefully, I will start recording all the important things that happen to me without pausing every now and then!
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i know it is late but HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and have a great time.Now i am going off to pester my mom to bye me a new year present which i am going to make a game bye :lol:

Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I'm a bit late as well but... Happy New Year everyone!
Resolutions... hmm... lets see, I must

-Study more!
-Play more games!
-finish college!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: