Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Invader Zim is the best TV serie ever made
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayoloco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Question: What TV network is it??
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nickelodeon.

While i'm a big, big fan of Vasquez's works, i have to admit they're not something that most people would like.

Zim is already bizarre enough, and it is by far the most normal of his works.
Jhonny the Homicidal Maniac and Squee! are really disturbing in a way, and you'd need a really twisted sense of humour to find them funny.

I, however, do seem to have it, and i love them.

Then there's I Feel Sick, which is my favourite of his works, it ends the plot that JTHM and Squee! developed, only without all the squizophrenic philosophy of Jhonny, or the terrifying paranoias of Squee!.

And then, there's the Fillerbunny. That one even i have some difficulty to enjoy...ugh.

All in all, if you have a strong stomach, i'd recommend you to read them all. You may find some great characters, like one of my faves of all time, Pepito, the kindergarden antichrist.

"My name? I am known by many names...Son of the dark prince, child of darkness. Some call me the altar boy of doom. Others will know me as the second coming of damnation. My mom calls me Pepito."

All the way to the edge of this world
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are some quotes for Invader Zim I found:

Gir: I loveded you piggy, I LOVEDED YOU!!!
Gir: Aw! Your to smart for me!! Keif was planning a party for you cause he loves you! HE LOVES YOU! THAT KID LOVES YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!
Gir: I'm making the cake!
Gir: BUUUUURRRRRRIIIIITOOOOOS!!!!
Gir: You are no commander, you are a threat to the mission! Your methods are stupid, your intellegence is stupid, your progress has been STUPID! For the sake of the mission, you must be terminated!
Gir: Hes gettin' eaten by a shark.
Gir: Aw, I wanna watch the scary monkey show!
~Zim
Zim: I am a normal human worm baby!
Zim: Eh?!
Zim: Yes yes, thats fascinating.
Zim: Dumb like a moose dib, dumb like a moose!!!
Zim: I need these moneys for my nutritions!
~DIB
Dib: Deep down I'm balonga?
Dib: Thats just stupid.
Dib: Im not gonna sit back and watch the things he do!
Dib: You were just aliens though
Dib: I do not have a big head!
~ Gaz
Gaz: Things he do?! WHATS YOUR PROBLEM?!
Gaz: Your weirder then usual...
~ Tak
Tak: Birds sing, and, YOUR GONNA PAY!
Tak: Mimmy!
~ Misc.
Marzoid: Hello pilot, How ya doin?
Zim: Gir hold onto something!* gir holds himself*
Purple Tallest: Where was I? Oh yeah! HUH!? HUH!?
Purple(again): Its advanced.
Purple(again!!): And these "humans", they're tall, yet stupid?
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:shock: I can't believe I haven't posted here yet! I love Invader Zim. I think the only episode I haven't seen yet is the one about Zim eating waffles. The back seat drivers from beyond and the Tak episodes are probably my favorite.
"I Loooove This Show!"
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good quotes. I liked when Zim's ship and a bumblebee crashed together and Zim's ship crashed and the bumblebee went unhurt.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, The 'Super Bee' as Zim put it. lol
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen that show in ages.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen it in about four months. They show it on one of the Nickelodeon channels, but I keep missing it. i wish they'd make more new episodes. :(
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't find it in my TV guide. Do they still show it? :(
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was on satellite cable network... I don't have it anymore.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you have the nicktoons channel, they sometimes show it there, along with other failed/canceled/had-a-good-run-but-now-its-over cartoons. Along with Zim, you can watch rocko's modern life, the angry beavers, and spongebob. I liked the show when it was on, but i don't care to see it again.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(looks at avatar)

I LOVE Zim!!! I have read the JTHM comics and I found them hysterical. Disturbing, but hysterical. Vasquez actually did spend some time in a mental institution from what I hear. You'd have to to come up with some of the deranged thins he puts in his works!

And Gir has got to be one of the best characters ever made in a cartoon. I am partial to Gaz and Professor Membrane. And I want Zim's spider-leg backpack. It has got to be one of the coolest inventions ever.

There are three DVDs of Zim out and as far as I can tell that encomapsses the whole thing. Watch the special features. The guy who does the voice of Gir looks nothing like I expected, but I pictured Zim exactly like that.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I like that show too! :D

I think it's a really refreshing show, with the main character being an evil alien and what not, especially when you compare it with most of the other stereotypical rubbish you see on tv nowadays. I think the actors who do the voices of the characters are really tallented too. Especially the guys who do the voices of Zim and Gir. Their voices are very...er...unique.

My favorites are Zim and Tak (allthough she only apeared in one episode, I'm just a sucker for British accents...).
And how could I forget Proffessor Membrane and his Santa-phobia?

Invader Zim also familiarised me with Jhonen Vasquez's other work. I especially enjoyed Johnny the Homocidal Maniac and I feel sick.
Heck, I even like Happy Noodle Boy and his crazy antics! I think I'm one of the few people who would actually buy a comic that starred Noodly. :D

I'm not too crazy about Filler Bunny though, can't really tell why. But sometimes when I look at all the stuff Jhonen makes I think he diliberatly makes bad comics like Filler Bunny and Noodly Boy.
Although some people (like me) will even enjoy those "crappy comics". :roll:

Anyway, I still think Jhonen has to be slightly insane. How else could he come up with comics like that? :)
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, more than slightly i think.
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Love this series, but haven't had time to pick up the DVDs. Why was this show cancelled in the first place? You think we can bring it back to life like how Family Guy was?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: