Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Invader Zim is the best TV serie ever made
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Invader Zim is the best TV serie ever made Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone else here than me who cant get anough of this? I think it beats the crap out of Simpsons, South Park and Family Guy, all together.
Too bad there are only two seasons cause I want more.

I've never laughed so much as when I watch the first pilot episode.

BTW who is your favorite character, mine is Gir. You just have to love that ....... thing.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Never heard of it.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You poor thing. If you like Simpsons and Family Guy you should check it out. You will laugh yourself to death, or almost to death.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't think so, I don't think a show would do that to me, it takes a of watching the show for me to start laughing my ass off.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am familiar with all the works of Jhonen Vasquez. I don't enjoy any of them, but I am familiar with them all.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Invader Zim is the best damn show ever but stupid friggin nickoloden stopped showing it a while back. I wouldn't compare it to the simpsons or family guy it is very different form both of those shows it's just so damn good it can't really be compared with anything else but i don't know where i can find episodes of it i have searched for them online and have checked to see if a dvd of the show would be made but so far i have'nt had any luck. :cry:
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The DVD is coming out soon. It might even have been released already but I am not sure.
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God that show is so stupid, I wet myself (figure of speech) when I first watched it.
Zim and Gir are awsome, the robot especially, so dumb, and yet so dumb, but funny. Let's sing the doom song, Doom Doom Doom Doom Doom.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, Invader Zim is the best! It is better then The Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park, it's so funny. I'm glad that I can now watch it on my TV, now that I have the DVD. My favourite characters are GIR and Gaz. But it's too bad there'll be no more episodes since Jhonen Vasquez quit.

Now for some quotes:

But master, I need tacos, I need them or I will explode... I do that sometimes. ~ GIR (Invasion of The Idiot Dog Brain)

From today, until the end of the day, let it be known that I will make Dib live in a world of misery! ~ Gaz (Don't remember)

Let's sing the doom song! Doom de doom doom doom. ~ GIR (The Nightmare begins

Ms. Bitters, I have a MIGHTY NEED to use the restroom once again! Fine, but this is the last restroom break until the end of the school year. *Salutes* ~ Zim, Ms. Bitters, Zim (A Room With a Moose)

GIR, why did you empty out all of the fuel? To make room for the tuna! *Slirp* ~ Zim, GIR (Walk of Doom)

(I'll think of more later :D)
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know that Vasquez quit i just figured nickelodeon pulled the show for some random reason.Why did he quit anyway was it creative differences or did he just want to do something else I have heard that he made a few comic books but i'm not sure if that was before or after Zim went off the air.And Keriaku where did you get your copy of the dvd because I haven't been able to find it yet.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah thats is some good quotes. I can think of a few good quotes from every episode but one of my favorites is the Ice Cream van in the first episode (The Nightmare begins)
"You Like ice cream, You Like Ice cream, You cannot exist without ice cream, Your resistence against the ice cream is futile" ( something like that) and all taht said with a Arnold Schwartzenegger like voice.

My favorites are Gaz and Gir too. They have the best lines. I love Gaz in the Game Lave 2 episode where she breaks into a guys house the get her hands on the new game.

I to didnt know he quit, but I havent really looked up why the series ended, I just figured they realized the serie was made for older people then those watching Nickelodeon. I think so anyway.

I have to get my hands on that DVD. As soon as I get my money from my brother.

And I have seen one of the comics HE made. It was just confusing. Didnt look at it very much but still.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not 100% sure he quit, but this is what I heard. Jhonen didn't like working at Nick and Nick didn't like him, so when Jhonen sent in the cover for the 2nd DVD, it was sort of grusome (sp?) and when they rejected it he quit. The cover was Zim with his spider legs, chocking Dib and Gaz, and Poop Dog and the Game Slave 2 guy was there to.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never seen/heard of it. Since it's on nickelodeon, I'm guessing the main reason I haven't heard of it is because it's on cable. :p

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

while i do find the show amusing, i wouldn't call it 'the best show ever.'

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

His comics are a lot funnier. Only a few of the episodes are really worthy of watching more than once. Most of them try too hard, they end up being rather unsettling, rather than funny. Kind of like a bad aftertaste. Just strange, they never really make it to humor. But some are hilarious, the one where Zim goes downtown in particular. Haven't laughed that hard at a nickelodeon cartoon since I was ... uh, young.

But the comics are much better.

Isn't that such a typical response?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: