Suikoden United and Inspirational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question about d'loading Animes & Manga's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Question about d'loading Animes & Manga's Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Before I post the question in my mind, I just want to know. Can we talk about downloading animes/manga's and the things that relate to that?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, if its not avable in your country maybe....but thats for fan subs.
I'm not the admin, but I just wouldn't stop there, emulators, mp3 and midis should be on that list.

sad day when you get banned for asking for a midi, godforbid I'm not musicly talented and write my own.

and we all should buy music that came off of a disk that was only given out once at some convention in Japan. not that buying things like that is diffuctly, finding it and giving $30+ is.

I don't like the quality of .avi files. horrible horrible!, ans for manga, I say we should see better transaltions then tose offerd by bad publishers like Viz (i hear they aren't good)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't give out any sources you used to download anime/ROMs/etc. and it's fine.

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont do any of that sort of thing but if it's a game that is not released in my country of origin and I really really wanted to play it then i would not be opposed to download it. However generally I dont think it's advisable and it's also kind of insulting to the makers of the games considering that you are basically saying that you feel their game isnt worth buying.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...interesting, yet true, but my emotions towards people that I have never spoken to, never seen or never heard of are meaningless, I feel nothing for them... I apologise if that sounded a little bit harsh, but that's the way I am. I really don't download unless I really want to see it or if I have been advised to see it, but I hear that some downloads are completely legal, one such as Naruto. but even so... I am not downloading this.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fan subbing of japanese anime shows in countries where that show is not broadcast is perfectly legal. (same with manga) And yes, Naruto (which I'm a HUGE fan of) is legal to download fan subbed as long as the source you are downloading from is not using it to make a profit. Although, say, if you lived in Japan and you downloaded the show online, that would be illegal, because the show is licensed there...

Although I'm highly opposed to pirating movies, music, and games. (games a little less then the other two, because the game you want might not be available in your country... but with movies and music you can get that CD and play it anywhere in the world) I use handy dandy iTunes download music, that way the artists who made the music still get a little cash from me. And it doesn't screw my computer over like Kazaa. ;)

But anyways, back to the point, I don't see anything wrong with downloading fansubbed anime/manga, as long as the distributed isn't trying to make a profit off of it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All right thanks to all who posted here... Well, most of the time I don't know weather i'm downloading illegally or legally. Appleseed, It's obviously licenced and out in Japan, but I don't know if it's out here, I checked all the shops that I know would have a chance of selling them, I don't trust the internet enough to order things, and I can't be bothered to ask around the shopkeepers if they know where I can get a copy because they'll just redirect me to another shop... which is far away.

So here's my question, How do you know if it is legal or illegal in your country? I'm in the U.K by the way
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this wasn't a main portion of your question, but can you please make your topic names connected to the topic itself incase others browse the forum and cannot find the topic and post a new identical question.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
I know this wasn't a main portion of your question, but can you please make your topic names connected to the topic itself incase others browse the forum and cannot find the topic and post a new identical question.

Sorry... okay, I'll make sure I do that for future threads/posts. But I had to make sure that I was aloud to talk about downloading things in this site because of the other sites i've been to. The other sites tell me not to talk about downloading at all becausemost of it is illegal and they don't want it in their site... I just had to make sure I can talk about before I post it...
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're unsure if you're allowed to post a topic in these forums, just ask the respective admins via PM before you post something.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

could the GBA version of card stories ever make it in,lets say America?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
could the GBA version of card stories ever make it in,lets say America?

Huh? are you serious... or trying to say something? there's no smily... okay, I dunno weather your trying to suggest something or seriously ask a question...but I guess anythin could make it to America so... what are you saying...hmm...?
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He's asking whether the GBA game Suikoden Card Stories could ever make it to America. I assume he's asking as the whether he can download the ROM. I doubt the game would ever be released in America now, not so far behind Suikoden I & II and not since the improved graphics of some GBA games of late, it would fail to sell well at all. However, you can import it from anywhere and it will play on any GBA you own. So I'm not sure how ROM's apply to GBA games or not?

By the way, please lets stay on topic about downloading things, as opposed to discussing certain games.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
He's asking whether the GBA game Suikoden Card Stories could ever make it to America.

Oh, my apologies. I'm just a little worked up through the fact that anime and manga aren't really big where I am so I didn't know if that was a sort of rhetorically sarcastic question or not...
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
He's asking whether the GBA game Suikoden Card Stories could ever make it to America. I assume he's asking as the whether he can download the ROM. I doubt the game would ever be released in America now, not so far behind Suikoden I & II and not since the improved graphics of some GBA games of late, it would fail to sell well at all. However, you can import it from anywhere and it will play on any GBA you own. So I'm not sure how ROM's apply to GBA games or not?

By the way, please lets stay on topic about downloading things, as opposed to discussing certain games.

Even though you *can* play it on your GBA, you wouldn't be able to understand it, so it doesn't matter. Is it illegal if you can import it and play it, but not be able to enjoy or barely even play it, would it be okay to get a ROM? Because for almost every popular game that didn't get to North America has a fan translation in the from of a ROM somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: