Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters from Suikoden III in future games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Marshmallow wrote:
I think Futch is more or less done with the Suikoden series,

I think so too, unfortunately. I think he'll be putting more time into Dragon's Den after SIII.

*Thinks of changing username...

No way! Futch until the end my friends! even if he has to rot in the frigging Dragon Den holding that ugly Dragon Rune xD

Well, I thought that Sharon was Millia's and Futch's daughter xD of course im wrong, but it would be cool to see a Family attack involving the three of them, the name for it would be:

Flashing Dragon Gust Ultimate Whirlwind Hellish Whoping Tornado!

Well, guess it's a bit long xD
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Sharon is to return, she won't have the dragon rune. THis has been explained quite a few times. Owners of the Dragon Rune cannot risk travelling around because if they were to die while bearing the rune, all dragons in the world will also die.

Besides, i doubt Milia's reign as the commander will end so soon. It is also likely that she'll have to suffer the fate of watching her daughter die before her. THe responsibility as the dragon knight's commander isn't so readily transferrable.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Futch wrote:
No way! Futch until the end my friends! even if he has to rot in the frigging Dragon Den holding that ugly Dragon Rune xD

Who knows? They did show Futch as a grownup. Why not as a senior? Futch might come back at the final Suikoden game with a grizzled beard. haha, and so would Bright! And Futch would complain about how he's too old for this, and should be retiring at the Dragon's Den. You can watch Futch grow from boy to man to gramps.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Spoiler-
I think I heard somewhere that Sierra and Nash were to be married to each other. If that is true, I think it would be interesting to see those two come together in the same suikoden game(and I mean the main series, not a side quest game).
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nash says he is married. Nobody knows whether this is true or not, and people are riffe with rumours and explinations as to who his wife is. Many people believe it to be Sierra after the events in Suikogaiden I - however, nothing has been stated by Konami, so there is no word what-so-ever.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I never said for certain that they were married. I just said there was a rumor they were.
Sun_Quan

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno why, but I have a sick and twisted idea for a fanfic about a Chris and Louis pairing. I think it would be interesting to see how THAT pans out.
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitely like to see Nash back.

I think if Geddoe comes back, Queen will probably also show up again (if it is withing 10 or so years after Suikoden III, otherwise probably not).

It does depend on the setting, but assuming that it happens a reasonable amount of time after Suikoden III, there is a good chance of it being near or involving Harmonia.

Personally, I think the people connected to Harmonia are a lot more likely to come back then the Grasslanders or Zexens though. The Suikoden games are set over pretty much one small region of the world, and Zexen and Grasslands seem to be cut off by either ocean or the border with Harmonia, which seems to wrap all the way around the east border of grasslands. Of course, considering about 1/5 of the characters seem to be in someway connected to Harmonia, there are a lot of potential people depending on the setting.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love to see Aila return in a future installment of Suikoden. When her natural abilities have grown stronger, she'd be an interesting character to follow and as I think Jacques is one of the best Suikoden III characters, I'd love to see those two return together, especially as they're now traveling all with Geddoe's merc unit.

I wasn't really bothered with Ace, Joker or Queen so much. Geddoe was more interesting, especially when he punched the man in Le Buque. Duke's merc unit on the other hand I thought were a little more interesting - arrogant and annoying but still interesting.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do have a feeling that Geddoe would make a return somewhere, should they make a sequel following SIII, God Willing. But i have this feeling the Geddoe would die also then. Why? Not Sure. Maybe because out of the the original three who had the True Fire, Water and Lightning Rune (FC, Wyatt and Geddoe), two of them had died, and the reaper had locked on to Geddoe next...But it's just a feeling.

But i would be very very interested to see a character out of the Safir Clan. We didn't get any clues about them, even though we knew about the other Five (Karayan, Duck, Lizard, Alma Kinan and Chisha). The Safir Clan sounds cool.

And i would love to see the return of Duke's unit. If they could return as playable characters, that would be even better! Nicholas and Elaine rocked!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really think Geddoe is going to die. The FC died because he removed his True Rune, and all True Rune bearers die soon after that. Wyatt died fighting the Destroyers who disbanded with Luc's death, since none of them had much motive to continue on after Geddoe. Geddoe also left the other two and merely hid his own rune he didn't remove it or hide it away like the other two did.

If anything I think Geddoe is probably the least likely to die. If I recall correctly he resealed his True Rune after Suikoden III, so he really isn't a target for people who are just after the True Runes, and even so he is more than competent and able enough to defend himself even without the True Rune's power.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, keep in mind that he is not invincible. He can be outnumbered and captured. There may be someone wanting to take the True Lightning Rune. But i can't remember the ending of SIII with Geddoe as FC of any mention of him resealing his True Rune, but he might have anyways. It was just a feeling that some storywriter at Konami would be thinking, anyways.

Let's just see what the future holds, shall we? :wink:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Matheau

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Both of Geddoe's endings say he goes back to being a mercenary and hides away the true rune (whichever one he has).

He isn't invincible, but people who survive long periods of time as a mercenary tend to stay alive a long time. It isn't exactly a job that is particularly forgiving of failure.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami could decide to do what they like with any character. Any person present in the games could die, no matter how tough they are, if Konami wishes it. Saying that he is invincible or saying that he is weak doesn't mean he will or won't die. Konami will decide who dies, everything else is fanfiction. Let's try not to dicuss who could die in future games, let's keep on topic.

Oh and I thought of one more person from Suikoden III I'd like to be a returning character. Juan. Very doubtful he will return as he seems to enjoy his little niche in Budehuc Castle, but he's so lazy, yet powerful, that it'd be fun having him back! He was surprisingly very noble during the invasion of Budehuc by the Zexens.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Considering the fact that the three known locations that havent been explored really are Harmonia, the Nameless Lands, and the Queendom of Faleena. We haven't really heard much about Faleena and the Nameless Lands besides the fact that people come from there. My guess is that the next location will be in Faleena. My theory comes with reasons too:
1- A new character was introduced thats in Faleena from the most recent installment(Bartholemew)
2- 30% that its here, considering all the other games were in locations mentioned but not explorable(exclusion suikoden 1)
3- The characters from this region are generally dressed in a variety of ways indicating that their are different villages with different cultural influences across Faleena.
4- Who doesn't like gladitorial combat? It gives a good take-off platform for the game to start and not be outlandish(Island Nations with boats)
5- It won't be Harmonia because Harmonia is likely the setting for the final installment of the Suikoden series. It is the only nation to play a signifigant part in all the Suikoden games. It's arguable that it plays a part in S4, but then again, who do you think was really pulling the strings with the Cray Trading Company. Thats its conection to 4. So if the next game were to be in one of those 3 locations then that ups the odds it will be in Faleena or Nameless Lands.
6- It seems to me that the Nameless Lands are similar in structure to the Grasslands, in that they are individual tribes and villages in a greater land region. Invasion and unification of individual nations was the theme in the last two games(sadly have yet to play 1 an 2 but 2 is in transit as we correspond via internet). They would be hard fought to think of another way to invade a land bound country then defend it. And the few characters from the Nameless Lands havent been the choice specimens for main characters(wussy Thomas or brainless Brute). So the Nameless Lands don't show much promise.
Whereas the Queendom of Faleena could be the story of a gladiatorial slave and his or her rise to power, eventually killing the queen or something. And even then if it takes place shortly after 4, like I'd hoped, you wouldn't be able to overthrow the Faleena becuase its present in the later games. Maybe working for the seemingly badguys and extinguishing rebellion against the Queen would make for a good game. Seeing the story lines that Suikoden comes up with wouldn't put any of these theories too out there.
Then again if 5 is the last installment then I'm completely wrong and this post is meaningless. O well. :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: