Suikoden United and Inspirational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Characters from Suikoden III in future games?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Characters from Suikoden III in future games? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The title line isn't long enough for me to put in the full title, Characters from Suikoden III you'd like to see in future games, but that's what this topic is all about. As I mentioned I've only played III (It's hard to find I and II, but I'm looking), and I liked alot of the characters. Here are my top choices. I've also read almost every piece of content here and at Suikosource, so I know a bit about the first games :)

There would have to be a game taking place after III's storyline (Solis 475, I believe, thanks to SARS' kickass timeline). I think it's probable that Konami would do this for a future game.

1) Thomas - I'd heard that Futch was a little kid in II, but in III he looks like a WWE superstar with a winged dragon hat. In III, Thomas was a scrawny 15 year old kid. In a game taking place 10-15 years later, Thomas could very well be a big hulking dude. He's have to ditch that tiny sword and grab a bigger one, though. He would also be married to Cecile, and these two as a couple would probably be the best fighting couple ever.

How it would happen: Any sort of attack on Budehuc Castle. Suppose it gets burned down. That causes Thomas (And Cecile) to spring into action and kick asses.

2) Hugo - Assuming he still has the True Fire/Water Rune, Hugo would be superbad. At the end of III he was starting training to become the next chief of Karaya. He would have to be the village chief, and would be a powerful ally. The True Fire rune will by this time have settled and he would have gotten used to it. He's still look like a kid, but might try to make himself appear older (ie - changing his hair and clothes). He'd have to use two daggers this time, instead of one.

How it would happen: The hero needs to seek out his help in a war/battle. Not too far-fetched of an idea in the series.

3) Geddoe and his team (The G-Unit) - Geddoe would be unaged, unless Konami somehow thinks of a way for bearers to survive after giving up their true rune. It would be best for this to happen, because he didn't really enjoy having it in the first place. Joker would be older, maybe a support fighter (he's what, 45 in III?). Everyone would predominantly be the same, except for the newest member, Aila. At the end of III she entered into the Harmonian Border Guards as a trainee, and surely this must have been completed in the near future. She would still be a back row archer, but would look older and different, mand maybe use a bigger bow. I wouldn't put her and Jacques together, because like some people, I believe that it was solely a brother/sister mentality between them.

How it would happen: See Hugo

4) Percival & Chris - I loved Percival, but I think it would be pretty sweet to have this happen: Percival after a few years leaves the Zexen Knights and defects to Harmonia (or whoever you fight in the game). He is one of the leaders of the opposing army. He could very well have been married to Chris or he could not have, it's not really important. Chris is one of the leaders of the good army, and you should only have limited control of her, só she wasn't a main character again.

How it would happen: Suppose either; a) Chris was married to Percival, and wants to find him again, hearing that you and your army is fighting him, she joins. or b) Percival finds you first and uses you to fight Chris. Chris would win the final battle between them.

And then there's a bunch of characters that will very likely appear in future games (~Name, (% probability)):

~ Sasarai (I'd say he's 75%. He's been in two (three?) already, but he doesn't age)
~ Yuber (100%)
~ Caesar & Albert Silverberg (about 50% each, considering that they're both young and Albert got a position in the Harmonian Army)
~ Jeane (100%)
~ Viki (100%)
~ Futch (60%, I'm guessing he has a big role in the series)
~ Edge (50%, Saving the Star Dragon Sword for Viktor, we might get to see that)
~ Nash (80%, another character with a big role. Has he been in all three?)
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool, but let me correct/answer a couple things. Edge isn't saving the Star Dragon Sword for Viktor, though he actually believes that. As explained in a Genso Shinsho (forgot which), Viktor has no intention of taking it back and he just used Edge to get rid of it.
And Nash was the hero of the two Suikogaiden games, but his only appearance so far in the main series is in S3.

Having said that... I'm a Chris fan all the way. Any new appearance of her would be great for me!
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I expect any True Rune bearers to play some role in the final installment of the series, if we ever get to see it. I don't expect them all to remain stars - former Tenkai in particular would not be, I do not think] but that means Hugo, Chris, Ged and Sasarai, as well as Edge or whoever Edge tricks... er... has succeed him as the Bearer of the Zodiac Sword. It would be more interesting in my own opinion to see the Night Rune become an actual Rune again, but then I also rather enjoy the interplay of the Zodiac Sword with its Bearer, so I could go either way there.

As for the rest... I think all of Ged's Unit, not to mention Chris' or Hugo's, may be a tad much to carry over. I would like to see Alia of Ged's people return, but otherwise the others should play background roles, much akin to Cleo and Pahn as seen in Genso Suikoden II.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm thinking if the Night Rune were to become a rune again, Viktor would be its probable bearer, or at least I'd want Viktor to be its bearer. :P

As for returning characters from III, I'd say Melville, Elliot and Alanis could have a chance to come back as adults, and possibly Zexen knights. However, I think Futch is more or less done with the Suikoden series, since you've basically seen his story pan out through the first three games: He loses black, quests for a new dragon, and finally becomes a full-fledged dragon knight. I also don't think there is any chance of him inheriting the dragon rune, because that would mean something were to happen with Milia, which wouldn't involve dying (since all the dragons would be screwed if the DR bearer dies) which would cause him to inherit the rune. And that's highly unlikely.

I also think there'd be a good chance of Rody coming back as an actual good magician, and we could possibly see Lilly in a decade or so as the president of Tinto.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that Sharon might be back to take Futch's place in the Suikoden world. She will be accompanied by the gold dragon that she recieved after the Fire Bringer War. Of course it would not be a Suikoden without Jeane and Viki. I would like to see Nash with his "missus" whoever that may be (chances are Sierra). I think Apple will be back once again managing another Silverberg character. Melville, Alanis, Elliot, and Louis could all be Zexen knights in the game. Depending on the amount of time elapsed between S3 and S4, if Sanae had a kid, then we would probably expect them in the game. Some doctorish character will be in the game (possibly Tuta and Mio's kid...). I guess that the True Rune bearers will be in the game (possibly they gave up their rune power to follow after the Flame Champion's example and decided to grow old and die with the ones they love...). I might be the only one to want this, but I want to see someone with Branky (either Mel or her child...). I would also want to see another Trickster girl with Gadget ZZ or something like that. That is all I can think of right now....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if they are going for a final game in the series having something to do with all 27 of the true runes being together in one place than anyone that holds one of the runes will be there. That especially counts the two bearers of the Rune of Beginning from Suikoden one who i could only imagine will probably be once again the heroes of the final game. I mean going on sheer importance of the runes the rune of Beginning takes precidence over all the others dont you think so? I can only imagine Jowy and the Suikoden two hero will play a major role again at some point.

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope they bring back Georg Prime in some aspect of future games. He is one of my favorite characters and i think he could have an interesting story to be told.
As far as Suikoden 3 goes, i hope we see Albert Silverberg again. His personality is secretive and i think he will play some part in a future Suikoden, one based after the events of Suikoden 3. I see him having a major effect similar to that of Leon Silverberg.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
~ Sasarai (I'd say he's 75%. He's been in two (three?) already, but he doesn't age)
~ Yuber (100%)
~ Caesar & Albert Silverberg (about 50% each, considering that they're both young and Albert got a position in the Harmonian Army)
~ Jeane (100%)
~ Viki (100%)
~ Futch (60%, I'm guessing he has a big role in the series)
~ Edge (50%, Saving the Star Dragon Sword for Viktor, we might get to see that)
~ Nash (80%, another character with a big role. Has he been in all three?)

Don't take this the wrong way, but we don't know where or when Suikoden 5 could be set, so if the game is 50 odd years in the future set on another continent; then those % are fairly meaningless.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly think that they will do a game that is set at least 50 or 60 years in the future. I don't really care what time period it is in, I just want them to make a Suikoden V. But, if it is in the future, decendants of people from the previous Suikodens will probably in the game....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As Eveyone pointed out, there really ought to be a comeback for our Suikoden II munchkins. i don't think the predecessors had as many kids below the age of 15. So the following kids will porbably be making a comeback or at least an appearance: Thomas, Cecile, Melville, Alanis, Elliot, Mel, Belle, Gadget Z, Sanae (I hope), Hugo, Kathy, Aila, Ernie, Rody, Sharon, Bright (he's around 15 years old), Emily, Shabon, Kidd, Caesar and Arthur.

Of course, the should be an appearance of Chris, Jeane, Viki, Edge, Estella, Sarasai, the ducks (travelers by nature), Apple, Albert, Yuber, Duke & his gang and Geddoe. Theyare all cool!

If Suikoden 5 (godwilllingly, there will be one!) was to be set after the Second Fire Bringer War, I think it should take place about 10 years or so, to let the other kids grow up and be in their 20's. And the setting would probably be in the Outlands/Nameless Lands, bordering the Grasslands.
Marshmallow wrote:
I think Futch is more or less done with the Suikoden series,

I think so too, unfortunately. I think he'll be putting more time into Dragon's Den after SIII.

And i would love to have Georg come back. He was in the Grasslands, after all!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

As Eveyone pointed out, there really ought to be a comeback for our Suikoden II munchkins. i don't think the predecessors had as many kids below the age of 15. So the following kids will porbably be making a comeback or at least an appearance: Thomas, Cecile, Melville, Alanis, Elliot, Mel, Belle, Gadget Z, Sanae (I hope), Hugo, Kathy, Aila, Ernie, Rody, Sharon, Bright (he's around 15 years old), Emily, Shabon, Kidd, Caesar and Arthur.

Of course, the should be an appearance of Chris, Jeane, Viki, Edge, Estella, Sarasai, the ducks (travelers by nature), Apple, Albert, Yuber, Duke & his gang and Geddoe. Theyare all cool!

I know this may be a bit late but i wanted to add my opinion...

I agree with what Starslasher said. I hope that we WILL see a Suikoden V and that it won't be far away from the Grasslands so that these characters may eventually come back. I suddenly have the urge to draw their 10 years older selves (Namely Melville, Alanis, Elliot, and Rody) some time later... Me like originals.

But anyway, I'd really like to see Viki back but that's always sure. Hugo, Kidd, Ernie, Arthur, Sharon and Aila are also on my wait list if ever that was going to happen.

And as a comment on "f ever the 27 true runes came together", I hink it would include everyone again but in different Star placements. Some may make a come ck or even unveil mysteries. But we'll never know 'til that happens!!! :mrgreen:

Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding Futch, I think the fact that he doesn't inherit the Dragon Rune makes him *more* likely to appear in future games. If he's not tied down by that thing, he's more free and able to travel more. One could make the argument that that's why he was in Suikoden III and Milia wasn't.

As for other characters I'd just like to see return, I'm still waiting to see a middle-aged Viktor and Flik. If Suikoden V took place, say, 10 years after Suikoden III, Flik would be around 52 years old and Viktor 56! Now come on, who *doesn't* want to see him all grizzled and gray? ;)
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's a possibility that sharon will inherit the dragon rune, being milia's daughter, she's a more likely candidate.

i doubt flik and viktor will show up again; their story is done and over with-with the way the game timelines jump around *and the past tie in for viktor* seeing them is unlikely, since they've seemed to have gone into quiet retirement.

the rest of ged's crew isn't likely beyond the two youngest and himself; aila and jaques will still be fairly young, while ace and joker will be a pair of old drunks and queen most likely will settle down somewhere.

sasarai is likely; been in three so far, siv is the exception for obvious reasons, and of course, jeane and viki.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I predict that an older Sharon (with the Dragon Rune), Jeane (maybe more revealed about her), and Viki (with a possible appearance by younger Viki). I guess we could see the Saint Loa Knights, and possibly representatives from Budehuc castle (Thomas and Cecile)

Official Smoke Bomb User

Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of the kids I'd like to see return, I think my number one choice would be Emily. Not only does she have a great design and a cool backstory, but she's one of the most powerful characters in Suikoden III. She was yoked. Seriously. It was scary how much damage she and Juan could do.

I could live without most of the other kids popping up again - Thomas, Cecile and Sanae would be nice, but the others I thought were just average. The one kid I'd *really* like to see return, though, is Louis. I can easily see Konami doing the same thing with him that they did with Futch, making him a buffed-up hero/war machine in Suikoden V. Plus, he could be the Zexen Knight's representative if the game takes place more than a few years in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: