Suikoden United and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Powerful Wizard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hah,Hah, Sorry!
Such a wise kid, Sarah!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard: Write down what you consider as the criteria for "most powerful wizard" in a single sentence.

A powerful wizard is someone who is adept in the field of magic. But to truly be the most powerful wizard you have to have the mindset and will to help others. For you cannot be truly strong unless you're fighting to protect those you love. (e.g. Sarah to Luc, and also, all of the main chars of Suikoden games^^)

Name of Wizard: Sarah (seems like an unpopular choice...)

3) Example: During the entire war in Grasslands Sarah showed not only her capacity to use difficult magic (teleporting and conjuring huge numbers of illusionary monsters) but her love and devotion to Luv that drove her power. I believe that if that that love had not existed her talent would have never flourished into the huge power that we saw in Suikoden 3.

4) Comparison:

Crowley and Mazus (I'm counting this as one, considering their duel is my reference, and they took part in it togather): I notice many people chose Crowley and Mazus because of their 'power to knock over mountains' and 're-incarnate'. But really all this shows is their enormous love for themselves. Sarah would have leveled mountains if she could save Luc by doing it.

Windy: Windy also conjured illusionary beasts, but as Sarah said she hid behind them, unlike Sarah who's goal was to slow down the opposition so they could prepare the ritual. Another thing worth pointing out, is that Sarah used a normal Gate rune to summon to the same effect as Windy did with the True Rune. Which brings me back to my key point, is Windy hadn't been fighting for self endulgment then she might have been able to defeat Tir.

5) Opinion & Conclusion: Although Sarah ended up dying in the end of Suikoden 3, she died to fulfill the values and dreams of the one she loved. The person who didn't just want her for her strong magical potential, Luc wanted Sarah, for Sarah. Because of that she was able to grow into what I believe was the strongest magician to grace she game of Suikoden.

-------

wheee, well, I did my best. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Actually, i'd prefer the topic to be Most Powerful Magic user instead of Wizard, simply because Wizard is too specific for my taste... Certain characters are more like sorcerers rather than wizards, and at the same time, there are females... But my one sentence defination is as follows... "A person who wields powerful magic, not just runic and attacking magic, or by raw power, but also in terms of other forms of magics, and general ability to control and possess the mystical powers of magic.

2) Sarah

3) Sarah not only possessed powerful runic magic, she also possessed sorcery many others did not hold. She manages to constantly summon an entire army of monsters, capable to combating several united nations, and also form illusions to trick and manipulate others. It was mainly because of her power that Luc managed to manipulate the entire events in Suikoden 3. She holds a wide variety and assortment of magics as demonstrated in suikoden 3 very clearly, and in suikoden 3, her powers were also show cased for all to see. She was able to use a true rune without actually owning it. She was even able to simply use a true rune's powers more effectively without owning it than one who actually bares it. This is shown when she borrows the True Earth Rune's powers to grab the True Water Rune from Chris.

4) Luc himself has already once stated i believe that Sarah's powers are greater than his. In fact, Sarah's powers are to be acknoledged to be greater than their Luc and her mentor Leknaat. Sarah is very much younger than many other magicians/wizards/sorcerers. In fact, she IS the youngest magician to be considered in suikoden. Yet, she has managed to aquire such powers within such a short time. Perhaps characters like Windy, Crowley, Mazus, Leknaat may be stronger in terms of power as compared to Sarah, but all these people are at least five times older than her, or even more. Give her more time, and she would most certainly be able to defeat all these old experienced mages.

5) At a tender age, Sarah was able to wield such impressive sorcery. She was very much proficient with runic magic, and was even born with a high tier flowing rune attached on her fore head. Her skills with runic magic can be clearly seen in Suikoden 3's skill system. In fact, she even possessed good Pale Gate magic skills even though she can never bare a pale gate rune due to the permanantly stuck flowing rune. Her skills with runic magic is also seen in her ability to control a True Rune without even baring or owning it, and controling it right after she obtains it to be contained in that vessel thing. Other than her runic magic, Sarah possesses many other forms of magics, including powerful sorcery that brings about many effects including realistic illusions, manipulating with people's emotions to bring forth rage within them, and also her impressive summoning skills. Through out the entire S3, Sarah has been expanding her sorcery over and over again, even managing to hold up against allied nations. With her obvious power and skill with magic at such a tender age, to be born and feared as a sorceress and locked up by Harmonia even as a child, it is obvious that Sarah should be hailed as the most powerful Wizard/magic user. As i've mentined earlier, with such powers at a relatively young age, her powers will be unrivaled given more years to come if she were not to be unfortunate enough to die so young.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
1) Your definition of powerful wizard: Write down what you consider as the criteria for "most powerful wizard" in a single sentence.

2) Name of Wizard: Simply write the name of your pick.

3) Example: Write an episode that showcases how powerful this wizard is.

4) Comparison: Compare this wizard with two other wizards in Suikoden. Argue how your pick is superior to these two other wizards.

5) Opinion & Conclusion: Write your opinions on why this character is the most powerful wizard. Then, conclude your passage gracefully.

My Definition of a pwerful wizard: Um, for this purpose, my definition for a pwerful magician will be for the magician with the highest Attack damage.

Name of Wizard: Estella (Since no one else would mention her)

Example: One incident would be when i was in the final battle against Yuber with a party of Hugo, Sgt. Joe, Dupa, Shiba, Bazba and Estella. My plan was to finish the flunkies Yuber had with Estella's Rage Rune. Using the final AOE spell, which i believe was named Explosion, i destroyed the flunkies, weakened Yuber (Yuber had something aoround 4000 + HP, while the flunkies i believe had about 1800 HP). But she also managed to kill my Lizards!

Comparison: The comparison i will be using is for Suikoden III characters, due to my point being made with the statistics of the characters. I unfortunately, cannot include Crowley or Mazus.
For comparison I will show you the statistics of Luc, Sarah, Sarasai, Estella and Joker (Joker had one of the highest magic statistics of all the characters, even the Alma Kinan women) when they reached Level 58, the approximate level I entered the Ceremonial Site and with their weapons maxed at level 16:

Name----------Magic----------ATK----------DEF
Sarasai..........180...............258..............94
Luc................196...............241..............140
Estella............174..............298...............125
Sarah.............190..............210..............111
Joker..............176..............263..............158

Opinion: Sure, Estella is the weakest in magic out of all of these candidates, including Joker. but she has the highest ATK stat of 298 out of the group. And my definition of a "powerful wizard" was one with the highest Attack damage!! :mrgreen: Hence, she is the most "powerful" wizard in the series. I doubt that Crowley and Mazus could be as strong as her anyways.

Conclusion: It seems that people have overlooked Estella. Granted, the wizards mentioned are truly powerful in magic, Estella is not only a very good magician, but, should magic fail, can provide a more adequate physical attack that virtually all powerhouse-magicians lack. It seems that people have overlooked the statement "Powerful magician" to be limited in definition as to being more adept in magic. While Estella is not as adept as Luc, Sarah or even Joker, She is powerful enough in magic as well as in physical attack.

Small Note: This is not to be taken seriously. It's a bit of a joke. From reading Suikosource and Suikox, In my opnion, Crowley is the most powerful magician. Even from reading these posts, I'm convinced that Crowley is the most powerful magician in the Suikoden series. But i can't back it up as i haven't played Suikoden I yet. Godwilling, i will!

Bork! Bork! Bork!

Last edited by Starslasher on Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most people have chosen Sarah or Crowley!!! So Sarah IS a popular choice!!!
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Your definition of powerful wizard: A wizard is not someone who is adept in magic but also has been around for over a century and knows the mysteries behind it and understands it. It doesn't have to be someone who can obliterate the world, but someone who understands its nature and tries to surpass it.

2) Name of Wizard: Luc

3) Example: Getting a premonition of what the world would be like in a couple of centuries, with his great knowledge and power, he tried to change history by destroying the true elemental runes.

4) Comparison: Unlike Crowley or Mazus, who are both extremely powerful wizards, Luc actually spends his time doing something about what he thinks might be the right thing to do, according to do. Whereas Crowley and Mazus just spend their time meditating in caves, either to find an apprentice or challenge one another. They are both very skillful even without the use of True Runes, but unlike them Luc was born with a True Rune and tried to find out the history behind it, how he got it, why he had it, what he can do to change the world instead of sitting in a cave.

5) Opinion & Conclusion: In conclusion, a powerful wizard is not somebody who can obliterate an entire army in the blink of an eye, but someone who has the power to and instead tries to figure out how it can best be put into work to change the world whether negatively or positively, someone who knows they have power and have a responsibility to do something with that power.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) Definition -- one who has mastery over magic, be it runic or otherwise, and a prolific understanding of the foundations of magic

2) Wizard -- Luc

3) Even in Suikoden I, at the age of 12, he is the strongest mage in the game, able to have 9/9/9/6 if leveled properly by the end of the game.

4) Compared to Sarah: Luc can equip the Pale Gate Rune while Sarah can not. I know that's kinda weak, but there are only a few characters in the game capable of bearing such a rune and the only mage who can contend with Luc in SIII is Sarah. Therefore, if it came to a battle of magic, Luc would have the faster cast rate with his True Wind Rune and also a powerful tool in the Pale Gate rune (the first spell could eliminate all the summoned creatures that Sarah could conjure)

Compared to Crowley: Crowley is definitely a powerful wizard, bearing 100 runes inside his body, but in the game he can only use one which makes him rather useless. It's pretty much a wash in comparison gameplay-wise, but then Luc is younger and his skill will improve over time whereas Crowley has been sitting in a cave collecting dust.

5) I believe Luc could attain the same kind of mastery as Crowley if given time, but considering his power after only 30 years of life it's hard to see much of a gap between the two. Therefore I think Luc is the most powerful wizard in the Suikoverse, and if only fate had been kinder to him he would achieve a mastery far superior to any mage that was or ever will be alive.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i pretty much agree with the 1st sarah post because she is the ONLY ENTIRE PERSON in the whole suikoden world who is born with a Rune..

otherwise WIndy is the only person who can attach 2 true runes..thats pretty cool too

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Crowley is definitely a powerful wizard, bearing 100 runes inside his body, but in the game he can only use one which makes him rather useless.

That's an unfair judgment. Luc appeared in all 3 Suikodens and Crowley only appeared in Suikoden I. Nobody, including Luc, could equip more than one rune in the first Suikoden.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey! It's the only different answer I could come up with compared to the rest of you! ;) (You all have some good ones, so of course I tried to reach to make a different answer.)

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara wrote:
Nutflush wrote:
Crowley is definitely a powerful wizard, bearing 100 runes inside his body, but in the game he can only use one which makes him rather useless.

That's an unfair judgment. Luc appeared in all 3 Suikodens and Crowley only appeared in Suikoden I. Nobody, including Luc, could equip more than one rune in the first Suikoden.

He bore over 100 runes inside his body at the time of his and Mazus's duel, after they were obliterated he no longer had all 100 runes, It makes sense to me, considering after he was reincanated he'd have to go and get all 100 runes again. He may not have done that yet. ^^

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah! Yeah! (Umm...) That's what I was TRYING to say! (Yeah!)

*cough*

Hehe. :D

Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This post contains Suikoden IV spoilers

Your definition of powerful wizard:

What or who is a wizard?

In language, a wizard is referred to a clever or skilled person in any area, in known cultures the word wizard is referred to someone with mystical power, a practitioner of wizardry and magic, a sorcerer, a magician, or a sage.

For me, a wizard is not someone who only has power and wisdom over mystical things, a wizard for me is someone with the ability to combine his physical strength with his magical power and wisdom, a person who can fight with not only his magic but also his fist.

What is the use of a wizard who can't truly stand on his feet long enough to cast his spells.

Name of Wizard:

Rune Mistress Jeane

Example:

There aren't any real and obvious situations that shows Jeane's true power since she doesn't really have any major role in the games this far except for making every person in our world or the Suikoden world either crazy on her beauty or her mystery.

Other people might not consider Jeane a powerful wizard since she is not even a fighting character in the first three games (four if we included Suikogaiden I), but for me she is the opposite.

Please allow me to show you some glimpses of her power even when she is far away from the usual fights that occurs in the games prior to Suikoden IV.

- In general:
Jeane is the only Rune Sage we had and hopefully will have in our team that is useful in both the castle and the battlefield.

- In Suikoden I:
She had partaken in the Major Battle as one of the Magicians group attack called the Magicians containing Jeane, Hellion, and Viki equaling 20 of max strength which was certainly the most powerful and used attack in this category (for me) until the other attack called the Children of the Runes containing Crowley, Luc, and Lotte equaling 25 of max strength was completed (Crowley is one of the last character one can recruit) .

- In Suikoden II:
Her Lightning Rune had more chance in hitting and striking a unite in the battlefield than Mazus's or Luc's Fire and Wind runes ever had.

I know her Lightning Rune in major battles isn't more powerful than Mazus's or Luc's but at least it kept our sanity from fading whenever the latter two ones attacks misses in most sensitive pre wining moments.

- In Suikogaiden:
This beautiful Rune Mistress made a demonstration of her power when she helped defending Greenhill against Rowd.

There is also a possible moment in the game where Nash isn't able to drive the Highland army from Greenhill without her help and support in using the magic scrolls she made with Connell (scroll making is one of many examples of her power).

- In Suikoden III:
She is the second most useful and used support character after Tuta's A in Healing skill for her A in Rune Sage Skill that helps in speeding the chanting time of rune spells for ally characters in the party in battles.

She also has an E in Healing which is pretty good although it doesn't do much at that level (yay, another ability for Rune Mistress Jeane).

In major battles, Jeane proves once more how powerful she is with her Lightning Rune that helped a lot in taking out annoying creatures like *cough*Yuber*cough*.

- In Suikoden IV:
In this series Jeane switches from the supporting character group into the battling characters group, and shows us that she is a component and decent fighter in magical area and only physical area for a mage.

Comparison:

I am going to compare Jeane to two other persons who have shown us how much worthy and powerful they are.

- Sarah the True Sorceress:
I know Sarah is one of few in the Suikoden world that possess immense amount of wisdom and power over Runes, Sorcery, and Ancient Sindarians knowledge, but she is not the only one.

She might be one of the best this far to show us her full powers but we mustn't forget that others do posses skills Sarah doesn't, such as Scroll Making, Attaching and Removing Runes, or bearing two True Runes (Windy's case), and as far as we know Jeane might even have similar or more greater powers than Sarah.

Whatever Sarah uses will always be some kind of method related to magic and things others also possesses or capable of learning (not like Jeane where she can rely on other things beside magic or sorcery methods).

If we want to compare between these two non True Rune bearers, then we should be comparing between their stats but since Jeane and Sarah are two fighting characters in two different games and stats are not fixed in both games then we can't really depend on this comparing system that much even if we overlook the skill feature in Suikoden III.

We can only compare these two if we neglect the whole stats thing, but that is not possible because stats is characters, so it would be not fair for these two magicians though it would be fair if we can visualize what they can do without the use of magical powers (Sarah won't stand long without her magic which will make her defeted at the end by Jeane).

That would be fair enough for all of us (characters and me) since Jeane and Sarah are from magicians categorize and are not True Rune bearers although Sarah did use and rely on True Runes (Water and Earth if I'm not mistaken once shown in the story).

- Windy the Mother of Sorcery:
This is kind of easy and hard at the same time because comparing Jeane to Windy is like comparing Jeane to a support Sarah.

I'm not denying that Windy like Sarah possesses mystical powers and wisdom beyond any normal wizard in the Suikoden world but like Sarah she relies on them too much (the opposite of Jeane where magic isn't everything she is good with).

Yes she is the only one we know in this time with enough knowledge to bear two True Runes in the same time, and yes she is also someone with enough knowledge to make runes never shown or to be exact widely known in the Suikoden world such as the conqueror rune, but I don't truly believe all this knowledge and wisdom came from nothingness.

Windy like others is a learner, her knowledge and wisdom is gained from books and scrolls left by others (people or civilization), almost nothing she learns comes from self sighting or discovering, and it is possible that she learned all of this from the Gate Rune Clan.

Therefore, it is fair enough to say Windy is nothing special with all that wisdom and power because others also have a fair chance on becoming more powerful if they had the same opportunity of gaining all the wisdom Windy posses.

Bearing a True Rune also helped her on knowing more about runes and sorcery in general which is somewhat good, but we must see that runes isn't everything in the Suikoden world otherwise there wouldn't be any use for mans physical strength.

To compare between Jeane's and Windy's stats is impossible since Windy doesn't even has one since we only so her powers in the story not real close battles.

So once more let us pretend that no one of these characters has magical powers (runes included), and their only mean of surviving against each other is the wand or what ever weapon they use, who do think will be standing on her feet at the end?

Opinion & Conclusion:

Jeane in my opinion is a well balanced character (especially for a mage) with unique skills not everyone in the Suikoden world posses.

In the first three Suikoden games (or four for Suikogaiden), Jeane shows how much a powerful magic user she is, and also shows how she can handle someone without using her magical powers in Suikoden IV which proves to everyone that she is not someone to be underestimated (beware evil mages... Jeane is coming to get ya).

If we were to put Jeane in a battleground full of magicians we will surely see her standing in there until the end since she can handle them easily with her medium Strength and Physical Defense which is better than of any normal mage we know, and without even being affected that much from magic attacks because of her High Magic Defense.

In the end, I just want to point that every one of us has his own thought on this matter and this is only mine (our Rune Mistress Jeane will live forever).

EDIT: Sorry I forget to warn about the Suikoden IV spoilers.
EDIT: added some words to make a thing clearer (thanks Hrestelan)

Last edited by Njord on Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yo, let me comment on that last one. I think you're overrating a bit our Jeane there.
I will talk about her in Suikoden IV, since it's the only game where she's a fighter. For starters, I don't see how she could be a decent fighter physically. Her attacks are incredibly weak, and has very low HP and defense, as normal in a wizard.
And she lacks a very important element: speed. While her magic stat is superb, for a wizard it's very important to go first. And too many enemies are faster than her, which could be very annoying. Gameplay-wise, I would say Maxine is better since she's fast as the devil.

Anyway, this comes from a Jeane fan (although I may not look like it after this post), so I understand your choice.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV spoilers beware

Oops, I think I miswrote what I really meant, my apologizes for that, I'll fix it now.

What I really meant to say is that Jeane is a decent physical fighter for a magician.

Let me tell you why I think in that way.

I took this from Qamefaqs:

Quote:
Character::::HP:::MP:::::::STR:::TEC:::MAG:::EVD:::DEF:::MDF:::SPD:::LU K:::WPN:::RUNE
Maxine::::::461:::9/9/6/4:::97:::226::::231:::98:::::75:::::185:::141:: ::173:::200::::R/L
Viki::::::::::423:::9/8/5/3:::97:::192::::200:::150::::75:::::170:::102 ::::82::::200::::H/R
Warlock:::::433:::9/9/6/4:::53:::58:::::226:::225::::81:::::189:::78::: ::79::::200::::H/R/L
Jeane:::::::467:::9/9/6/4:::110::204::::226:::94:::::83:::::223:::104:: ::139::200::::R/L

I know the stats in Suikoden IV are not fixed and might be different for other players but I think these are only to give us a general idea about the character stats and I don't think they would change a lot for anyone in any way.

Talking about her being a decent fighter for a magician:

- Jeane is better than any of these powerful magicians in STR
- Jeane is better than any of these powerful magicians in DEF
- All magicians WPN are the same (so it doesn't make any difference)

After looking at the stats above I think it should be clear why I said Jeane is a decent physical fighter for a Magicians.

I know speed is something Maxine posses and not Jeane, but I never really give it much importance for two reasons:

- Maxine looked more like a magical swordsman not a magician, so I thought it is normal.
- Jeane's speed seems better than Warlock and Viki.

Anyway, after reading what I wrote I think you would understand my whole point of view better.

Quote:
Anyway, this comes from a Jeane fan (although I may not look like it after this post), so I understand your choice.

Hehe, thanks but I'm not even a fan of Jeane, I just think she deserves better than the impression of a no use for a thing giggly beauty.

EDIT: I feel a little bit clumsy for not warning about the spoilers again, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: