Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Avatar/Signature Image Size Rule Change
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Avatar/Signature Image Size Rule Change Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The image size limit for avatars and signature images have been changed after considering the fact that suikox.com's server is able to handle more traffic than it used to be able to handle.

This, the limit for avatars has been loosened to 150 pixels in height and 120 pixels in width (same as before). There's not much more I can loosen with width before the avatar affecting margin size, which would frankly look like dog turd.

Signature banner size would be allowed up to 200 pixels in height and 700 pixels in width. Below is a sample of how big that would be.

Similar as before, people who go beyond this limit will be penelized accordingly; 10 soldiers/pixel. I would also like to simply test the above changes for a while to see how much "damage" it would do to the aesthetics of the board. I don't think it would affect things THAT much, but we will see.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aesthetically I prefered the smaller banner myself. It doesn't look quite so messy. Perhaps it's just the height change. The length isn't so much a problem to stretch across the page, but the height of it makes it look too clumpy and imposing.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also prefer the look of the smaller banner, but I also like the fact that we now have the possibility to "super-size" our banners, if we so choose. I don't see how anyone would like a banner bigger than the one SARSadmin used above, so there is really no restiction now, which is always a good thing.

However, I would like to see if someone could make a banner that big that doesn't look completly ugly.

Last edited by Glen Cott on Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the smaller ones better as well, the big banner looked to big. I am just glad that people have more of a choice now-a-days *laughs*

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well longer always means better, mind you I doubt I'd go that far.......well at least I can wear the Harmonian Banner now. :D

Hopefully too many people don't start wearing massive banners...well at least we've got Harmonia sorted as only higher ranks are allowed the privelages of banners in their sig hehe.

Good to have an option and there just may be someone who can pull off a good big banner but if it is an eyesore I'ma start whippin people around here. :P
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the signature size is getting significantly bigger, I suppose I should address this question here. Is there a way to turn off signatures when viewing the forum? I remember a few other forums having this option, since it's a bit taxing on the poor modem.
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can use ur own browser option. For IE user :
-Click tools
-Click Internet Options
-Click Advanced
-Unmark option for Show Image
-Click ok

That's all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer the smaller banners myself, but at least we have more options now.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds great to me, though I'll probably not take advantage of it for a while.

Oh, BTW, nice paint job. >_<

j/k

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll start making a big banner then.
It's been quite long since I last touched my photoshop for anything

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Fliktor. I myself have no signature and prefer to keep it that way; the only sig on any forum I have is my rank insignia as Werewolf moderator at a World of Darkness boards, and that's cause I -have- to have it. I don't mind other people having signatures but I find smaller sigs more tasteful. There is something -very- unappealing to such a ginormous [if you'll forgive the term] dimension.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't mind the new sizes that much, but I would agree that any increase from the new maximum would be too much.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Schala I like your sig. Bugg was a great asset to the boards.

If people like the smaller banners (which I personally do as well) then they can just make thier banners the smaller size. The 700 x 200 pixels is just your limit not the set standard.

Oh and yes the artwork is impecible :mrgreen:
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes but love 'em or hate 'em, we're stuck with 'em. I can't tell the boards to block any too-large signatures if I don't want to see them, after all.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, maybe height of 150 pixels would be enough. 200 does seem somewhat too large.

Width?? Not sure about that yet. It's hard to see how damaging that can be unless I actually see one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: