Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden1 Saturn Version Opening Movie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Suikoden1 Saturn Version Opening Movie Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I uploaded the Suikoden 1 Saturn verion's opening movie on the site. Have you seen it? If you have, what did you think about it?

I personally think the Saturn version opening is very good. It is similar to Suikoden 2's opening, but the "screenplay" is done very well. It sort of tells a story, especially where all the people killed by the souleater appear towards the end as Tir uses his rune.

Higashino's music really adds to the feeling of majesty.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, it has that smooth feeling that sII's opening had; too bad the ps version didn't have it-lucky us, we got lepant l'orange instead.

the music did add to the overall feeling; gave it great flow, as it moved from scene to scene.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, i didn't know there was a Sega Saturn version of Suikoden 1.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was japanese only, so it was pretty unheard of in the states. It's a shame that so few good RPGs were released for Saturn in the states. :cry:
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's a pretty good darn opening for a game during that time. Definitely better than PS's opening..
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah it is quite good, thanks for hosting it and making this topic. I was actually going to make one about it soon enough because I thought it needed some conversation. The movie was great, and very different in retrospect to the Playstation's one. Of coarse it has the same similar flow and peacefulness about it, to which I enjoyed. I liked all the character portraits that came up everynow and then, and seeing the movie made me wonder if any other part of the Saturn Suikoden was different. Like if it had any other short movies near the end, or even alternate scenes if you had all 108 starts of destiny...
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
It was japanese only, so it was pretty unheard of in the states. It's a shame that so few good RPGs were released for Saturn in the states. :cry:

Here is a small list of some of them:
Dragon Force
Albert Oddesey
Shining Force series
Magic Knight Rayearth
Thats all I thought was there, its a darn shame that it failed, I'd love a sequel to Albert Oddesey, and Dragon Force.
Mathiu Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took a look at the opening today. Like others have said, I found it similar to S2's opening. Its much better than the PSX version. Thanks for uploading it.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The opening is great, but I think the instruction book for the game is just as amazing; I don't know why, there's nothing particuarly grabbing about it, but it's so much better than the black and white version that came with the PAL release. Perhaps I should scan it in one day...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha... I guess I'm the only one who likes the Playstation opening better. I think that's mainly due to the nostalgia factor. But the fact that is so similar to the S2 opening does rather turn me off. It doesn't seem quite as clean or well animated as the S2 opening, and that makes it a sort of subpar prototype to it in my eyes. But eh, it's still a good opening, and it's nice to be able to see it. Maybe you should upload the Gaiden openings if you ever have the space.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah well personally I the liked PSX's Suikoden Opening for the same basic reasons Shrew. The nostalgia factor is a good term to express it. One of my favorite parts is where Odessa, Flik and whoever else it was, were having a battle that appears no where in the actual game, as the hero is not present. Little things like that tend to impress me, especially when you have finished the game, the opening movie tends to make a lot more sense and you can appreciate it more. But the Saturn Version Opening is a good addition and alternative, and if it had not been available at this site I probably would never have seen it or known about it.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, i definitely prefer the saturn's version. It was very refreshing after observing playstation's version several times before. It gives some spark to an otherwise basic opening.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One thing I noticed was that it had the same music as Suikoden 2's opening.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I'm sorry, I just... really didn't like that. Perhaps I just don't like the artwork of GS1. The random flashes of images were far too disjoint with the 3d backgrounds too, for my liking. It felt very... out of sync and less professional to me.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remembered getting this one video off some p2p program since a few months back. It has the exact same file size too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: