Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Great Idea for Suikoden!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose the idea of character customization could be quite interesting, I would picture this game going to XBOX if they were going to do that, mainly because all of there RPG's seem to go that way. Not that it would make any difference what platform it was on, or how that would effect anything at all LOL. Still if the Suikoden games were heaps popular and other system starting hoarding around it and such, the way things seem to happen everynow and then, it would be an possible reality...I suppose.

When it comes to online Suikoden I would not like that IMO solely because I cannot get the proper installments/preparations made where I live to play online games sadly. And it would cost me too much and be too hard in the end. It would be cool for people who could play it though, but I would be left out in reality standing behind a tree with my head sticking a bit out to see what is going on...
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An online Suikoden would be a double-edged sword. Although it would be an amazing game, it would absorb my soul making me a wraith-like figure crouched at my computer all day long. Once I get hooked on something, I spend way too much time devoted to it (for example, this past summer I was up until 5, 6, 7 in the morning playing Diablo 2 = not good).

I just know that if Konami came up with an online Suikoden, I might as well quit my job and UNLV and install a toilet and a fridge in my room, because there's no way I'd be coming out.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha, so if Konami ever did create an online Suikoden, it is safe to assume they would make a lot of money from people like you Nutflush, and I will bet there would be many more devoted fans who would adapt a similar lifestyle as you if ever an online Suikoden was made... Hopefully if such a thing ever did happen, a friend or two in other towns than mine would have the correct homes that could get online games for PS2 and XBOX. What I mean is, well I don't know too much about it, but lets just say in small towns where I live, there is no chance ever we could get online games or things like XBOX Live (yes that has nothing to do with it, at least I know what that is called.)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Online Gameplay would be pretty cool, yeah. I don't have my PS2 no more :cry: So I won't be able to play it if such a game comes out, hope it comes out on X-box. Character customisation would also be great, itz part of an essence towards RPG's in order for people to have a unique reaction towards the main character.

I would probably want the games fighting system to change a little bit. To me, it's not challenging enough and although watching the attacks of both your team and the enemy is sometimes a treat for the eye, I want action. I know that a lot of you people will disagree with me when I say this but, I would rather have the battle system to be very much like the old playstation game known as legend of mana. Using this your character will be able to learn a move everytime he recruits someone e.g you recruit 88 characters and so you shall have 88 moves to do in combat ( this is also my idea). But now I realise that the game has moved on to 3D graphics and the battle system I thought up won't exactly work well because it might turn out to be like Dynasty warriors or something like that.

I also want the game to be like a living world, like Fable. By this I mean no one will be restricted to their lines in the game. for instance, in suikoden 2, you will always find that uppraiser guy lebrante in his shop, but it would be great and more of a time challenge if it was live. So when you go there you find a note saying gone shopping, or out on a business trip or something random.

Oh well these Ideas are just my opinion, and there were thought up and typed in with haste. They may not be the best of ideas but hey, had to get it off your chest some how. Those of you are welcome to criticise my ideas as much as you want :wink:
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good call on the "out to lunch" idea, JNX. It never ceases to amaze me, through 20+ hours of play in any of the games, how the shopkeepers can stand in one place without stepping out now and then for a bathroom break!

The interactive world would also mean that time would flow as well (the Zelda: Ocarina of Time game comes to mind as an example). Let's face it, by the time you get Viki and the Blinking Mirror, you never need to rest at an inn for the rest of the game. If time flowed naturally, your character might become tired--stats lowering during battles would make it harder to fight--and you would be forced to stop at an inn.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Good call on the "out to lunch" idea, JNX. It never ceases to amaze me, through 20+ hours of play in any of the games, how the shopkeepers can stand in one place without stepping out now and then for a bathroom break!

The interactive world would also mean that time would flow as well (the Zelda: Ocarina of Time game comes to mind as an example). Let's face it, by the time you get Viki and the Blinking Mirror, you never need to rest at an inn for the rest of the game. If time flowed naturally, your character might become tired--stats lowering during battles would make it harder to fight--and you would be forced to stop at an inn.

Wow. That's true, i never really thought about that but that's starting to sound like a game coming out already and I can't wait :P
I just thought up that certain upgrades to a game needs certain consequences. One noticable to me is the character customisation one, if that is made possible then there won't be an fmv with your character in it, but there could be a cut scene... which is not as good as an fmv. Having my battle system will make it awkward to do all the unites and magic spells while the enemy won't stop beating you to let you do them.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ideas are one thing, appling them is another. an OL suikoden would be better executed if you uses toned doen grapiics.

or at least I think so., what do I know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Online! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also thought about a Suikoden Online game. Not to worry! When i get my Programming Diploma I'll start right away!

I also agree with Black Fang that we should encourage this so we can have a Suikoden Online game! Knowing a product sells makes the company wann add more things to it!

BTW, You do know that Online games have different parameters right? Here's my idea of the features...

1. There will be a choice for you name! (Duh)
2. It's in 3d or the usual Suikoden 2 active gifs...
3. There will be job classes (I'll explain below)
4. You get a choice to make your own army and assign which star you are in.
5. You get customizable outfits! You get a choice of weapons too!
6. Rune magic can be bought! XD or Rare runes can be acquire from enemies...

That's my view so far. Now for the job classes. Each job class has skills and are assignable to only certain army units. Here's an overview again.

We all start as a Mercenary!

Mercenary
- An aspiring warrior that can be skilled in a certain area.
- Cannot join or make a unit yet.

When you get to a higher level you can pick from these jobs! Lvl 50 characters can start a new unit with them as leader! Units can become active as long as they have ten mambers of ANY job class.

Swordsman
- Virtuous sword master... Has mainly sword abilities and can learn [Cavalry].
- can make a [Cavalry] unit or [Infantry] Unit.
- Have skills like Unit [Atk + 30%] or [Defender]

Scout
- Good with Bows and Traps. They can strike from far away and set a couple of traps along the way.
- can make [Archer] unit.
- Have skills like [Range+1] or [Trap Deploy]

Runemaster
- Rune Magic expert that is skilled in Arcana.
- can make [Magic] Unit. Elemental depends on Rune of leader. Each element ha certain purpose.
- Skills include [Fire Wall] or [Barrier]

Merchant
- Item deployement and good support or healer.
- Skills in clude [Def+20%] and [Item Deploy]

Medics
- Mainly healers and support units.
- Skills include [Heal] and [Repair Self]

Smithsman
- Good with weaponry and armor.
- Skills include [Def + 50%] and [Fire Spear]

... These are just a few of the jobs i think would suit Suikoden Online! What do you think, Faydrn?

Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
What was wrong with Viktor's flag from Suikoden 2 at the mercenary fort???*laugh*

Traz, you are awesome! That crappy flag was one of the greatest things EVER in Suikoden! But, that's my eccentric opinion! :P

I'm always for more customization! Especially if they continue this whole "silent protagonist" gig througout the series. Personally, I agree with the Game Informer review as far as their stance on that subject... *dodges throwing daggers being thrown at him from multiple Suikoden fans*

Anyway, I must be honest about this whole online gaming idea. I used to be addicted to Star Wars Galaxies, and I even played the eleventh game of the "Series that shall remain nameless." I was actually rather dissappointed with the latter, much, much more than the former, but what can you expect?

My beef with online games is that they can be great... However, often times you find yourself doing the same boring thing over, and over, and over again. I guess it isn't so bad if you know tons of people, but the only people I really talked a lot to in Star Wars were people I knew in real life, and often times they were busy doing... Real life. lol

As for the eleventh nameless game, even if I knew people, that game would've gotten boring... Just not enough to do.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about an online Suikoden. If they do and it turns out to be great, then awesome! But, if they flop... I would be insanely disappointed. Judging how most online games tend to be, I'm not sure that it's really worth the gamble.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If an online game was made...who would want it to be like "nameless series" XI where you control one character, or who would rather want to see it made like a strategy game such as warcraft?

Personally I think a strategy game could be done excellently. We all love the war system in suikoden II(most of us at least), and I think that could be expanded on and added with some very creative ideas to produce an epic suikoden war based strategy game.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Rocky

Harmonian Paramilitary Spearmen Corps

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the general idea that Suikoden needs to be expanded past the usual installments is universally accepted, regardless of if that's as an MMORPG, Strategy game, etc. Besides, us poor North Americans don't even get little things to quench our thirst such as Suikogaiden or Card Stories =(

I would definitely like to see an MMORPG in the Suikoden world. If such a system could be designed where there were several kingdoms, the borders could slowly be pushed on direction or another, yet stay balanced for all possible groups, that would be awesome. Unrealistic I assume, but a fun thought nonetheless. I've never really found a big MMORPG that really entices me to "Pay to Play" or such, but I think a Suikoden one definitely could. Especially if everyone on it were as cool as everyone here :mrgreen: Too many online games out there with 'omg u hax' and the like these days, it seems >.<

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, you bring up some nice points, Crono! I personally liked the strategy system of suikoden II the best out of the three that I've played. (Yet to start up Suikoden IV). However, I do have some theories on how that should be expanded on later on in this post... And I agree with you. Nobody wants a "The Series That Shall Remain Nameless" XI

Sir Rocky makes some good points as well as to what an MMORPG for Suikoden should encompass. I really like the whole at war idea, though we see this at work in Star Wars Galxies, and it isn't really done super well there... Not that it's terrible, but, well... As I mentioned before, I'd really be depressed if they made a truly BAD Suikoden game. Also, you mentioned balance. Sounds good, but let me tell you... When they nerf certain classes or nations, people get ROYALLY PO'ED! This is something that good prior planning can prevent, but we can't always rely on companies to do a good job with that, reference again to Star Wars Galaxies.

Well, then... That got me started! Since this topic involves "Great Ideas for Suikoden, " it's high time that I break the mold and introduce the world to all the interesting ideas that I've had going through my head on what they could do with Suikoden!

First off, someone mentioned making a game like "The Series That Shall Remain Nameless" Tactics for Suikoden. And I'm talking about the original one, by the way. I must agree that there is a certain appeal to trying to pull this off, and my opinion is that if they did attempt something like this, that they should use this in a regular Genso Suikoden Game. Now, I realize that this might sound like a travesty to some, "Oh no our beloved Suikoden, reduced to THIS!" But, in all seriousness, if they do it well enough, all you Suiko freaks like myself will be loving it! Again, another good reason to use this idea in a mainstream Suikoden Game is beacause this battle format allows you to use multiple Stars in combat (at least six!), and can really make recruiting some members a fun and challenging experience!

That's just the first of many... As for the battle system of Suikoden II, I think that's the ideal that the series should strive for, when large-scale battles are concerned. However, there are some rather obvious faults to it, and the system would need to be revamped quite a bit to make it into something it really should be. With that said, the closest game which resembles my ideal of Suikoden Strategic battles is the game, Dynasty Tactics II. Heck, making a game totally made up of strategic battles could be really interesting, but the game would eventually become old, if that's all it was. The reason that I mentioned Dynasty Tactics II (DT II), is beacause DT II takes into account the vastness of the army, and not just the fact that your armies are composed of several units. (This fact seems to have been lost since the original Suikoden.) Each unit has around 5000 soldiers, and they clash with enemy units, and unleash various tactics (which would be granted in the Suikoden sense by runes, or special officer abilities.) The maps in DT II aren't too bad, but could possibly be enlarged somewhat to give the players a more engrossing exprience, like laying siege to a city, or something of that nature. The application to Suikoden seems rather simple to me, and of course I think it would be more interesting to have one General with a pair (or trio) of lieutenants under him when each unit is considered. (In DT II, each officer has a unit.)

Dynasty Tactics makes an excellent transition into my next Suikoden idea... Suikoden Warriors! (Think Dynasty Warriors, people!) As copycat as this might seem to many of you, I know that just about each and every one of you would rush to the store the next day to buy it and would be addicted to it for hours upon hours until you beat everyone's story, unlocked all the characters, got everyone's ultimate weapon, and seen all the endings. Yes, I know the routine, and I'm sure that many of you would enjoy it every bit as much as I would! Just think of playing through a Pannu Yakuta stage, Battle at Gregminster, or Siege of L'Renouille! All the major battles should be included, as well as stories for each character. The game would be loads of fun, complete with slashing Highland, State, Harmonian, Toran, and Imperial soldiers to bits! It would be a really enjoyable idea that would be novel for all fans of Suikoden.

Now... Before you think of flushing this idea down the toilet, just think how AWESOME it would be to play through a Luca Blight Story Mode! Come on, you KNOW you would enjoy it! :P

Ok, well the next Suikoden idea is pretty much common. Crono made reference to it, while talking about a strategy game... But, I'm talking real-time strategy! Of course, I do think that this would be a difficult concept to pull off well, but if they could, the game would be a blast! Konami would just have to make sure the old Westwood people that made Command & Conquer worked on it!

The last idea would have to do with a whole-world-wide strategy turn-based game. This idea would be a lot like Civilization, however I think that the interface should be a little more simple like say... Third World War. Now, I know that (more than likely) at last some of you have no idea what game I'm talking about. Third World War was a game for the short-lived Sega CD, and could be called by many, the best game by far to ever grace that system. I won't deny that is a rather lofty title to place on a game for the system that produced such greats as the original Lunar, and Lunar II, as well as several other RPG greats, but nonetheless, I know at least a few people would agree with that statement. Irregardless of it's satus among Sega CD games, I will stand and say that this game had perhaps the greatest, most streamlined idea for ANY world-wide strategy game that I have ever seen! This game could provide someone with months, or perhaps (in my case, anyway) years of fun! Of course, this game had several bugs and exploits that made it easy to win, and the actual conducting of war (while simple) takes a lot of the strategic element out of the game. However, I think it provides a good starting point for where one might go as far as a whole world-wide scenario might be concerned.

Well, this is just the start of my brainstorming. There might be some more additions that I'll have to make later, but for now, I'd like to see what you think of my ideas so far! If nothing else, I'd even appreciate something along the lines of, "You're stupid!" or, "That will never work!" Anything, positive or negative would be welcome! :D

VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I'd like to see what you think of my ideas so far! If nothing else, I'd even appreciate something along the lines of, "You're stupid!" or, "That will never work!" Anything, positive or negative would be welcome!

Those are pretty nice comparisons, Sai-kun! I already gave an idea for the job system... It might be a bit cliche but is a must for all online games. Wouldn't it be interesting to play a character with a job that suits you? (like my Viki?)

Too bad this isn't the upated version of my job system... 'Coz it's tucked away deep in the Grasslands! :P But at least we all agree that if Konami does the right things, Suikoden Online would be a great hit. I hope there's an international version, 'Coz i wanna play the game with you guys! :D Wouldn't that be fun?

We could join in the countries simlar to what we have here and maybe settle it in a more interactive way through onlinge gaming....

I agree with it being wishful-thinking, but it's a nice wish indeed! I'd love to have a gmae like this. Can't wait 'til this actually happens though! XD

Sai Fujiwara

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

VikiFanatic wrote:
Quote:

I'd like to see what you think of my ideas so far! If nothing else, I'd even appreciate something along the lines of, "You're stupid!" or, "That will never work!" Anything, positive or negative would be welcome!

Those are pretty nice comparisons, Sai-kun! I already gave an idea for the job system... It might be a bit cliche but is a must for all online games. Wouldn't it be interesting to play a character with a job that suits you? (like my Viki?)

Excuse me if I'm reading you wrong, but are you actually calling me stupid? :?

Well... Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and I guess I did leave myself rather open to insult there. As far as what type of character I'd want to be, Viki doesn't suit me at all. I'd either want someone like Flik, or Shu. Preferrably the latter, but that's what I'd like.

As far as it being international, I think Konami would be retarded if they didn't incorporate that. Heck, I played Star Wars Galaxies with people from all over the world, Germany & Austrailia just to name a couple. And I'm pretty sure that most of the solid Star Wars fan base is right here in the United States. Besides that, they know that Suikoden has a world-wise fan base, and I think that this forum proves that to all of us!

And yeah, having someone wacky like you in the game always adds to the fun of online gaming! :P

Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*is crushed by massive WALLS OF TEXT*

j/k

Um...well, upon further reflection, it looks more likely that one would be made, I can't find Suikoden 4 ANYWHERE now (already got my copy, but I got lucky).
Plus, it was the second best selling game in my local store this week...all in all, things are looking up. Who knows where they'll go from here.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: