Suikoden Unique and Informational Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Rakgi's father/Rikie's husband *spoilers*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Rakgi's father/Rikie's husband *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that Rikie's husband was Brandeau. Am I the only one?

Let's look at my evidence:

1. Brandeau has gray/white hair

2. He had the Rune of Punishment

3. Rikie's husband had the Rune of Punishment and recieved it 3 years prior to the game

4. When inside the Rune of Punishment "dream" like state, between the little kid who recieved the rune and Brandeau, there's noone else, and I really doubt that the little kid was Rikie's husband. And the the first person couldn't have been the person because that was apparently the person who recieved the rune from the site 15 years prior to the game.
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This would be kind of difficult, considering we SAW his dad. He was the first spirit you met in the rune (Brandeau's coming much later). He had the same kind of hair, the same style clothes, and that little mark on his forehead... AND he was the one talking about them in the first place.

Actually, it'd be absolutely impossible given the above scene.
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Uhm... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So why did his daddy go become a pirate? I could be completely wrong, but I recall two separate trips through the ROP tunnel for 1. His Dad.. and then later 2. Brandeau. Which would signify that they are in fact 2 different people. Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE!

I find ducks opinion of me greatly influenced by whether or not I have bread.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't even remember the person before the child in the Rune. I completely forgot what they looked like and what they were talking about.

I guess you're right, can someone close this?
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, you're completely right, UberYuber.

Spoilers to be on the safe side!

The first guy was Rakgi's father and Rikie's wife, considering he mentioned Rakgi by name. I sincerely doubt Rakgi was around 15 years ago. And if he was, he would be too young to speak. It wasn't the person who first took the rune 15 years prior - that was the Queen of Obel, whom you see last. The first spirit was NOT a woman. :P

Brandeau's spirit talked about Kika and a man named Edgar (who is this, I wonder?), not Rikie or Rakgi, as the first spirit had.

Seriously, why would the first spirit talk about Rakgi and Rikie if he wasn't their father/husband?

Edit:

Whooops, posted too slow. :oops:
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh...I haven't even beaten the game or seen the last rune, so I wouldn't know.

I completely forgot about that guy who took the first rune, and that he was talking about Rakgi, must have been because I was playing that part like at 3 in the morning hehe.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rakghi's father actually has official artwork, which is displayed at suikosource. He's separate from Brandeau.

The rune was originally unsealed by the Queen of Obel in the year 290, and shortly after that she used it to protect her family. The rune went through some un-named people since then and ended up in Graham Cray's hands around 302. He chopped his left arm off, and the rune went to Graham Cray's son. Afte his sin died following the use of the rune, the rune passed through some un-named people until it fell in the hands of Rakghi's Dad around 303. He disappeared from his family fearing what the rune would do, and somehow the rune passed onto some other person, ending up in the hands of a pirate. Brandeau, along with Pirate King Edgar (Kika's lover) attacked this pirate. The pirate killed Edgar, but perished in the process, resulting in the rune passing onto Brandeau in 304. After that, Brandeau left everyone else, becoming a renegade pirate. The rest is history.
Col Ahiru

Demon Duckizzards of Doom

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That reminds me: Does Edgar have any sort of artwork? The official art book for pre-ordering has Rakgi's father, so I figured if Edgar had a portrait, he'd be in there too. But he isn't, leading me to wonder if there's any art at all for him.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, no Edgar portrait.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the info SARS, that definitely clears up some of the plotpoints. My only question is why does Rikie want to be close to the Rune, as she says in the ship? Is she trying to reconnect with her husband, or possibly one day bear the rune herself (at the expense of the Hero)? She seems awfully suicidal to me... even Rakgi says something about his mother like he is trying to help her (or something like that) in the Comment Box.

And UberYuber, is your sig a quote from George Carlin? Just curious. :)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
RubiRubi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ther is a comment box :shock: where do I find it
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

.....It's right next to your room...right when you come down from the stairs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: