Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

La Pucelle tactics

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: La Pucelle tactics Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a new tactics game for the PS2 I would like to Know what your opinion of this game is.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... La Pucelle: Tactics isn't that new, there is a new game by Nippon Itchi called Phantom Brave which I didn't like that much but that is totally another story to talk about.

In La Pucelle, you start with a sixteen years old boy... umm... girl with her little pesky cute brother and beautiful annoying instructor, and of course you will get to meet a lot of other interesting characters or get the chance to make your enemies ally with you.

The story of the game is a very touchy one with a lot of plots and unpredictable twists that will make you excited and eager to unfold, the game also has a lot of event where you will find yourself laughing like crazy, jumping and shouting from your seat, feeling overwhelmed from a love or happy scene, or even crying and weeping from a sad death involving or parting from someone scene.

The graphics of this game is beautiful though it is in 2D, the background of the city and dungeons also look decent and well done even when they all look the same sometimes,and the music is quite interesting and does fit the scenes they are played in with some of the soundtracks sticking in ones mind.

The battle system is unique and not like normal RPGs... duh it's an Tactical RPG, but also infused with elements that makes it so unique than other TRPGs, the pairing feature is also cool where it adds another option for taking an enemy down with more than one player, and there is also the Dark Portals feature where you can eliminate hoards of vile creatures by making a circle around them then performing a powerful elemental attack called Miracles.

Another thing that makes this game so great is the different characters with the different backgrounds, in this game you can always count on seeing queens, kings, princes, princesses, pirates, priests, priestesses, knights, thieves, witches, vampires, zombies and other kind of characters coming from fairytales or medieval era.

There is also the voice actings which in my opinion were pretty great, and fitting for their own perspective characters, and the ability to change voices to Japanese is also a good thing when you get bored from listening to the English voices.

La Puclle: Tactics is a great game that really deserves playing through or at least trying, and I am sure it won't make you regret the time or the money you spent on it ^_^.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Strategy RPG that kept my interest was Final Fantasy Tactics & Ogre Battle, I was just expecting a mediocore game at best BUT, I was wrong I love this game none other like it, plenty of plot twists & moments that get you at the edge of your seat.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I heard it was by the same people who did Disgaea...that game was pretty good, but too hardcore for my tastes.

My guess is that you'll enjoy it most if you have assloads of free time on your hands and are obsessed with improving characters.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, La Pucelle Tactics was made first before Disgaia--which is why one character from La Pucelle Tactics makes a cameo in Disgaia. Somehow, Disgaia was released earlier in the USA.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Actually, La Pucelle Tactics was made first before Disgaia--which is why one character from La Pucelle Tactics makes a cameo in Disgaia.

Who from La Pucelle makes a comeo in Disgaea? I didn't finish that game because I lost interest in it.

If anyone knows tell me, and please make the font in black, so that information don't spoil it for other people.

Ah... and La Puccelle is a great game, I loved it more than the two other ones because it has more interesting not make them characters (I hate that in these games).

The story, graphics, music, and battle system were all great in my opinion, more better than Disgaea or Phantom Brave if you ask me.

Disgaea was great but it was too much comedic for my taste while Phantom Brave being too much childish.

Overall all that, I did enjoy playing through these games or playing half through Disgaea and Phantom Brave, and I trully hope that thing don't happen to the coming Phantom Kingdom one.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nippon Ichi spoiler warning

The cameo belongs to Prier herself. It doesn't look a lot like her, though. there are some similarities, but not much.

Similarly, Baal, Laharl, Flonne, Etna, Mid-boss, and Prinny X make cameos in Phantom Brave.

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah... that sounds interesting, maybe I'll continue Disgaea after all just to see these things for myself.

Thanks for the information Ced The Lad :) .

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game was quite great when I first played it. I first played Disgaea a bit, but then decided I best play La Pucelle first, considering its gameplay elements would be sub-par since it was made first. This has allowed me to enjoy it more. As you all know I buy and play many games at the same time, and this game is no exception. I have only played several hours or so, and then I moved on to another game. Not out of boredom, or hatred for the game, it is just how I work LOL.
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you catch a dragonsrom I know you cant taim boses and some animals?
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having just started to play this game I have come to enjoy it a great deal though the characters in particular so far in the first chapter of the game I have found to be rather annoying. I mean the main character comes off way too much as the spoiled brat self absorbed type. It makes a change from how the usual heroes for games act but then again so did it happen in Disgaea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: