Suikoden Unique and Informational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Why the name, avatar & signature?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 64, 65, 66  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Synchysi (σύγχυση) means "confusion" in the modern Greek language.
Looked it up in my dictionary.

Apparently there is a weird anglo-saxon school of Greek transcription. σύγχυση is pronounced "Sýngchysé" (the "ch" is an aspirated guttural which does not exist in the English language).
σύγχυση does indeed mean hecticness or bustle, and might be translated with confusion or even chaos in this regard. But if someone wants to say chaos in Greek normally, he uses the same word: χάος.

Last edited by iscalio on Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name - a greek mythological creature known for drinkning and dancing. :lol:

Avatar - a picture of a satyr. (temporary until i find something else)

sig - displaying national pride :D
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username: Milano, It's a well known name... I think, every letter in this name makes names of some things important in my life.

Avatar: I still don't know what it is... and I don't care about it because it looks good ^_^.

Signature: nothing special about my signature, umm... just something popped on my mind at that instant.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara is my favorite anime character from the anime, Naruto. Cold-hearted and vicious, just like how I am in real life.

The avatar is of Orochimaru from the Naruto anime as well. He's the main villain.

Signature? Haven't found a good one yet.
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Evil ambitions - oh the ussual conquer the universe and such...
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nick: Already explained it on the other thread. Long story short, a refference to The Vision of Escaflowne.

Avatar: Just a silly tablet-made picture of me and Leo, Falena's national pet, with the OMGWTFBBQ text across, just because it fits.

Signature: The Superman logo and the text are a sign of respect for Christopher Reeve, may he rest in peace.

And the animated banner is something i made for Falena a while ago, and only now managed to reduce the filesize down to a not so terrible size (having to make it smaller in the process...). If it causes problems to anyone in one way or another, please let me know and i'll remove it. And if it doesn't, all Falenians feel free to use it (link included). If you want, of course =P

All the way to the edge of this world
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username:I got it from a game called La Pucelle Tactics.

Avatar:The Legendary Sephiroth, the only villian that could contend with Luca Blight.

Signature: I use it in a variety of games, like Halo 2.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Quote:
Synchysi is Greek for chaos, which was my old monicker, etc. It's all in the other thread.

Why do you think that? χάος itself is Greek, and I never heard of συνχυσι.

Well, a very rough translation, I should say. I guess I'm using the same Dictionary as SARSadmin. When I looked up 'chaos' in the dictionary, it did give me 'χάος', but most places don't accept those special characters and the romanized translation it gave me was 'chaos', so I started looking up synonyms. 'Confusion' brought up 'σύγχυση', which, according to the site, is 'synchysi' when romanized.

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username: One of the names I use online (along with Shadow, Shadow Wolf and Wolverine). I forgot when or how I came up with it though.

Av: Well, Bright....duh. I'm thinkin of changin it soon though.

Signiture: A famous phase by Aristotle.....might change that too.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username: I explained this in the other thread, but long story short, I made up the name Diaz a long time ago and I thought it sounded cool so it gre on me. Then later I started writing this book (only 50 pages so far) and I added the last name Riou, making it Diaz Riou (Riou has nothing to do with the Suikoden 2 main character, just a coincidence). Here though I just have Diaz.

Avatar: I change my avatar a LOT. I just go searching for a good looking avatar (perferably death-inspiring) and when I find a good one I just switch. My current one is just an avatar I found that I though went good with my personality.

Signature: I change this every now-and-then, but not nearly as much as my avatar. Whenever I think of something that sounds good I just put it in.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name : Schala, just another Chrono Trigger character like I said before

Avatar : It's Ahiru's duck form from the anime Princess Tutu (yeah, a girl anime but what the heck! it's good) I think my avatar is very cute

Signature : I made it after I finished playing Vandal Hearts II for the third time. The character is Adel and for the quote I took Fidel Castro's words with a little change.

for the title in blue, it's my role in bugg's fanfic :mrgreen:

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name: poker term, means best possible flush available (ace high), some who don't play poker think it means something else but I won't get into that *cough*

Avatar: none (I don't know exactly how to do it properly, and I don't want to be a bandwidth thief, if someone would care to help me that'd be gracious of you)

Sig: Just a Bill Maher quote that I thought was clever, I got some other ideas as well, but I haven't decided when to change

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PM me about the av, I'll help you out......that might be something else I'll put into the newbie guide. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Ayemelek

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name - Aymelek is "moon angel" in Turkish. I have an extra E for some reason.

Avatar - Cover of a Lahar demo. I'm lazy like Chaos.

Signature - Does not exist.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Name: Just a nickname I picked up in my years of playing AD&D.

Avatar: No specific reason, I change it fairly often, this one fits in a bit with my rank (kinda...)

Signature: To boast the fact I am in the Highland Kingdom. Why else?

Nutflush wrote:

Avatar: none (I don't know exactly how to do it properly, and I don't want to be a bandwidth thief, if someone would care to help me that'd be gracious of you)

I would be more than happy to help you out if you want, just send a picture over to my profile email address and I can re-size and host it for you (although I'm sure Black Fang is more than capable of helping you with this) :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 2 of 66

Jump to: