Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

game charActers head to head
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: game charActers head to head Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What six game charicters would you like to see go head to head?

I would like to see

cloud becaus he has a gigantic sourd, he is a mersonary, and has a rock hard skull.

durigon Becase he is a cain slinging mashal artist with an aditude.

raven Becaus he is my all time favorite game charicter and is also a mersonary.

Beak storm because how wouldent wann't to have a giant souped up Mech?

Master cheif because he has power armor, sheilds, lots of guns, and a AI computer to whatch his back.

Isaic from Golden sun becase he can use cool magic and awsome wepons.

It's almost like making up you oun super smash brothers!

Last edited by Raven on Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohhhh my OWN personal Super Smash Bros. Melee intersting, I would have....

The Master Chief-Halo 2
Guy-Fire Emblem
Ryu-Street Fighter
Your guy from Fable-Fable
Rudy-Wild Arms
Luca Blight-Suikoden 2
Sephroth-Final Fantasy VII
Kefka-Final Fantasy VI

thats 8 but oh well :lol:
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Master Chief-Halo, he's a supersoldier so he might do well, not to mention he has guns...lots and lots of guns...but I have to say he might get killed first.

Raikoh-Otogi, come on, he's an undead samurai demigod...and he has dragon lvl 3*foams at the mouth* I guess you have to play the game to get it...he would be in the top three.

Ryu-Ninja Gaiden, he's a ninja. A demon butt-kicking ninja.'Nuff said. He would be one of the earlier deaths.

Luca Blight- Suikoden, do I really have to say anything? He's insane and I would love to see him in action. I'm not sure what place he would have, he might be one of the earliest deaths though.

Sephiroth- Final Fantasy, well besides him being a silver haired bishounen, I picked him just to pit him against Raikoh, seeing as they're both basically demigods. He's another wild card, though I think he would come in the top three.

Dante-Devil May Cry, he's a demon butt-kickin half-demon...I think he would come in either first or second, because he seems to be better all around than the other fighters.

I'm happy with my list, now all I need to do is get it to happen...which would require bending time and space...hmmm...

Last edited by Stormbringer on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd just like to see Yuber and Sephiroth go at it.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see these 6 villains against each other:
1. Kuja - Final Fantasy IX --> Close Runner-up
2. Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII --> First to lose
3. Luca Blight - Suikoden II --> Killed by Yuber
4. Yuber - Suikoden I, II, III --> My pick as the winner
5. Kefka - Final Fantasy VI --> Killed by Luca Blight
6. Odin - Valkyrie Profile --> Second to lose

I'd like to see these 6 good characters against each other:
1. Zidane - Final Fantasy IX --> My pick for the winner
2. Squall - Final Fantasy VIII --> First to die
3. Cloud - Final Fantasy VII --> Second to die
4. Lenneth Valkyrie - Valkyrie Profile --> Killed by Zidane
5. Killey - Suikoden II --> Killed by Lenneth
6. Riou - Suikoden II --> Close Runner-up

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Give reasons for your choices, or it's being closed.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good point. i think the Yuber vs (not x) Seph thing sounds "great" because the're both bloodlusting villans who seem to beem with evil and chaos.

unfortunalty I can't think of anyone to pit up aginst and a reason I didn't like Scion from Rudra's tressure, he's found him an arrogent jerk, even if its not to much to tell, it woul be a great fanon thing, it would be funny to have his butt whooped by the oppsite personality.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

The Master Chief-Halo 2
Guy-Fire Emblem
Ryu-Street Fighter
Your guy from Fable-Fable
Rudy-Wild Arms
Luca Blight-Suikoden 2
Sephroth-Final Fantasy VII
Kefka-Final Fantasy VI

Reasons eh?
Master Chief-Because he is a genetic warrior, with big guns and a LASER sword

Guy-I think he would be a more interesting Fire Emblem Character because of him being a Myrimidon, he could jump around the arena slashing people to death.

Ryu-He is the coolest Fighjting game character ever and he deserves to be in the limelight for once. :mrgreen:

The Fable Guy- That would be SHUPER DUPER SHWEET to play as him!

Rudy-Cause he has the ARMS guns he could have a shhot out with the MC

Luca Blight-Hes an insane brutal beast who doesn't care if he hurts anyone.

Sephiroth-See Luca Blight.

Kefka-Because he did what other villians could not....TAKE over the world :D

Oh, and Lebenengel your avatar scares me.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking to make one for each console sooo....
Ps2 Version
Dante-Devil May Cry
Reason:Those twin guns, and the Alastor sword, make this already cool dude cooler.

Auron-Final Fantasy X
Reason:He is the coolest FF character ever!

Naked Snake-Metal Gear Solid 3
Reason:Look at him hes awesome

Sly, Jak, and Ratchet-Sly Cooper games, Jak games, and Ratchet games.
Reason:Target practice for Dante

Jin Kazama-Tekken series
the Ultimat Fighter could duel Ryu.

Ryu-Street Fighter Series
The strongest Fighter in the world, would rock the Ps2 versions world.

Ryu-Breath of Fire series
Transforms into Dragons.

I'll post theX-box version later.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

how about more 'in depth' reasons, as opposed to 'he's the kewlest' or 'has the best weapons.'

i could be wrong, but i think lebenengle meant stat wise, combat abilities and such, rather than appearance or simple personal bias.

if this doesn't show up, then I will close it, if lebenengel doesn't beat me to it.

there are more than enough fannish related threads already; let's shoot for in depth reasons on x vs. y-who would win, this time.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ew, Cloud. Everyone thinks he's strong because of his hyoog sword, when really he's just a whiny baby. Tee hee. I still like him though.

My characters, hmm. Well, they all have to be male, so I'd get more enjoyment out of watching.

edit: whoops, didn't see the above post. let me attempt to make this serious.

1)Arngrim, from Valkyrie Profile, just cuz he's tha man.

vs

2)Auron. I don't know, they both have that raspy "come get me" voice. And they're both ridiculously overpowered.

My thoughts: They both remind me of each other. Originally I was thinking of putting Auron against Rikimaru because of their similarities in fighting, but that's not original, since they are probably both the same in terms of skills and knowledge. I think that...well I dont know who would win, since they're both dead (and yet alive). I think Arngrim, since Auron is more focused on "let me display my muscle" and it only takes a second for Arngrim to hack and slash- like he gives no thought to it. He's a mindless (but very intelligent) soldier who likes to draw blood. Auron is more reserved and calculating due to his past. So winner? Arngrim.

1)Yuber, just because he's also the man. And if he's dressed like he is in Suikoden 3, because that suit is awesome.

vs

2)Pesme-no I'm kidding. Albel, from SO3. Trendy fashion verses gaudy fashion. Actually, because they both seem to crave destruction and death.

My thoughts: Another I'm not sure answer. If it really came down to it, Yuber would easily snap Albel in two, but Albel is fast and very sneaky. I haven't played S3 so I don't know about that version of Yuber, but I'm judging that he's still the powerful man of mystery, whereas Albel is just freaky and kills with no question. No method to his madness, he just likes to do it. I would think that Yuber could easily outsmart him, being that Albel is just a human, and a young one at that, who can outrun everyone he fights. Winner: Yuber.

1)Bowser, because I loved him in SMRPG and wish I could use him again ;_;

vs

2)Sephiroth. I'm tired of hearing how insanely strong he was when it was Jenova all along. Bowser would layeth the smacketh down.

My thoughts: as much as I'd want Bowser to win (that is a strange mental image) I think that Seph would give it to him, but only because he's possessed. If you take away Jenova, I'd think...haha yeah, he'd still win. But not against the likes of most other game heroes, since Seph is nothing without his mama. Well, excluding Cloud, but he was weak to begin with.

and and and

Gobi from Breath of Fire vs Jean from Breath of Fire 2. Oh come on, that would be funny! Water fight.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't mind personal choices as a part of it, but to say that a character is capable of beating another simply based on personal bias/fannishness *for lack of a better word* is ridiculous. i would like to see legit reasons for one character having the ability to beat the other based on actual stats as opposed to 'he's kewl/hot/da best' or whatever term applies.

to simply say that x beats y based on personal feelings means that a physically weak person could beat one that has superior fighting skill; putting two of differing abilities really isn't setting characters on equal footing.

such as putting a mage against a pure fighter; until the mage runs out of spells, the fighter can't touch them-putting a pair of fighters against each other makes sense, since the abilities would be of the same type, with a few differences skill wise.

luc vs. crowley

this would be close to an even battle; the classes are the same, and the abilities would be fairly matched *to a degree, not wholly* both are mages with strong skills in most of the magic categories.

luc vs. geddoe

not really even, because both are of a differing class; while geddoe has magic abilities, he's still basically a fighter, while luc is solely a mage. strip away the magic factor and it's no contest-luc would be dead in one hit, since he's not trained for melee combat. with the magic, even both having true runes, luc has a decided advantage since he's trained as a pure mage; his cast time is faster, spell level with most runes is higher and would do more damage, outside of the high tr spells *both do insane damage.*

in a way, it's comparing apples to oranges, really.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's understandable, and I completely agree.

Bugg wrote:
I'd like to see these 6 villains against each other:
1. Kuja - Final Fantasy IX --> Close Runner-up
2. Sephiroth - Final Fantasy VII --> First to lose
3. Luca Blight - Suikoden II --> Killed by Yuber
4. Yuber - Suikoden I, II, III --> My pick as the winner
5. Kefka - Final Fantasy VI --> Killed by Luca Blight
6. Odin - Valkyrie Profile --> Second to lose

I only skimmed over this once before...Odin's not a villain...
ZeroX1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I'd like to see Symore(FFX) and Sephiroth go at it, mostly because they are evil dead guys.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are the Six Characters i would like to see survive a Royal Rumble of the Video Games:

Lenneth Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile) - She's too cool. Plus, she's got over 28,000 HP at Level 30-odd number. And she can pull off over 72,000 damage :mrgreen: with her Nibelung Valesti.

Xianghua (Soul Calibur 1/2) - She's my favorite character in the game. Normally, i would be choosing some other odd, overlooked character, but it's like something...clicked...when i was playing as her, remaining undefeated for wuite a while. Her careful convservation of energy and agility can help make her a strong contender.

Auron (Final Fantasy X) - Again, one of my favorite characters in the game. But there is a valid reason for selecting him for this Royal Rumble: His Overdrive. I'll explain in due time what i mean.

Zell (Final Fantasy VIII) - Yet another 'one-of-my-favorite's. But I chose him for his Duel Limit Break. I would like to see him go head to head with Auron's Overdrive! I think that would be something to watch!

Sabin (Final Fantasy III/VI) - I think you can make out the pattern i am putting with the previous two. Sabin's Blitz made him one of my well loved characters in FFVI, with Cyan tied to him as favorite in the game.

Yuber (Suikoden III) - No, he isn't one of my favorite characters in the series. But I am impressed with his Lightning Rune and Extendo Swords. Hence why I chose his SIII version.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: