Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who's the best Hero?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Hero?
Tir
50%
 50%  [ 21 ]
Riou
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Thomas
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Hugo
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Geddoe
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Chris
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 42

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to go with the majority here, Tir McDohl. While I like all of the characters, I just have to prefer Tir. Close second runner up is Thomas however.

The main reason I prefer Tir, is for the absolute perseverance. He's forced to flee from his own country after the incident with his friend Ted and then betrayal of Pahn. Given a true rune which takes so much life, without ever even knowing the existence of it before. Has to see Ted and Gremio die, then kill his own father. Sonia, the closest thing he could even consider a mother figure, hates him.. The only person with the drive enough to lead an army against the king is Odessa, who he also sees die. The breaking point for a lot of people could be any of these tragedies, but on top of it Tir still unties Toran and leads his army.. only to be betrayed by an inside spy, which ends in the death of his strategist..
While the angst and sadness that can be caused by all the mentioned makes you feel sad or pity for a character like Tir.. what makes him so good, is the fact he overcomes the breaking point. Anyone could let any of those instances overcome them, but Tir doesn't. While he still shows sadness, he knows what has to be done, and does such. He unties Toran, regardless of his own pain, for the better of the people and the country. He does get Gremio back, but that doesn't erase all the pain of the past. Tir did what had to be done, he took what came at him and dealt with it. What I liked best however what after all the sadness and then the success of uniting the nation on top of it, Tir doesn't become some super hero icon in the end that ends up as 'the best ruler in history' or some fairy tale ending.. He flees the city after uniting it. He did what had to be done, and acts the most human when in the end he flees for himself and that humanity on top of the rest of his story, really rounds him out to me :)

I have to make note that I agree with the aforementioned theories on Thomas. He was always at a disadvantage without any weapons training or true rune.. Thomas was pure heart, he cared about other people, and that's not something you find in a lot of characters. More so, knowing that he wasn't apt in battle, his character wasn't stretched to do something overly dramatic. He stood up for himself and for the people of the castle, knowing full well he was at a disadvantage. While he doesn't beat Tir out for my favorite, Thomas is easily more courageous than any of the other heros as far as I'm concerned.

-My DeviantArt-
Mukumuku

The Flying Squirrel Batallion of Tinto

10000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What happened to Lazlo? He is my favorite so far! Maybe is because am cathloic but I love the Rune of atonement and forgivness! Anyway I like playing the role of a priest in the whole Keen miny game!
Lord Rengo

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Tir McDohl. Riou would be a close second but he was an enemy of Highland.

However, that's not the only reason I chose Tir. The Soul Eater is awesome. I love healing and all of the Bright Shield Rune, but if one utterly destroys his opponent with the Soul Eater, healing is rather unnecesary. Next, Riou is dependant upon allies to win battles whereas that Soul Eater could do a lot of damage on it's own.I also preferred Tir's weapon.

I really don't know how you could include Thomas in this. How much of a hero is he? All he does is lend his castle and power to Hugo, Chris, or Geddoe. He wasn't even in the top 3 heroes in his own game, nevermind the entire series.

I like Hugo and all, but for a Flame Champion/companion of the Flame Champion, his rune skills should be better than B. Geddoe on the other hand, has amazing lightning skills. Combine that with his True Lighting and you have lots of damage. Geddoe also was the friend of a former hero, so he knows a little bit about it. But I don't think he was as good as Tir.
Vince Muerto

The Cool Guy Regiment

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Tir, but then again I really liked Thomas too. Tir had my favorite rune ever. Thomas's chapters were fun for me to play. I'll say Tir over Thomas though since Thomas wasn't really in the spotlight as the main character/hero.
blah1234

21109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would say Tir as well not only because of his hradships and not only because he looks cool... its the way he handles stuff and he has a strong mind as a leader... :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: