Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

If games were real, which game world would you live in?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have many games that i would want to live in but here are a few:

Final Fantasy 10: I myself would want to live in Luca, becuse it houses the blitzball stadium and it is very close to any type of civilization.

Suikoden 1: I would like to live in Gregminster, high taxes but its the high life, also Antei pretty nice, especially Jeane as the rune master would not just make me happy.

Suikoden 2: I would say Muse but what happened to the city in the game made me think it was a bad idea. Two River city is pretty nice and we got Ridley not so far away so were set for anything.

Suikoden 3: Vinay del Zexay is a very nice port town i would get pretty rich of trade there too.

Suikoden 4: And last Razril is very nice, Obel is nice too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would live where ever the rune mistress Jeane lives. :P

or

If I could choose which video game world to live in it would probably be FF-VIII's world. I would join Balamb Garden. Then I could travel around the FF-VIII world. I pick would pick up a Gunblade and start learning how to use it too. Hard to choose between this and the option above.

Now for the world I would hate to be in is FF-VII's. Everywhere you go it's like the ghettos. You have those big freaky Mako Reactors. Crazy a** people. Basiclly no order or government. To make it even more worse you have these two big a** machine like things called weapons. Almost no one cares about anything in this world.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definately live in the wonderful world of Gaia (FFIX). Everyone there is colorful. It would be so awesome. I could fight monsters, eat good food, play the popular card game, and listen to the NPCs say the same two lines over and over again. Now that's the life.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Three cheers for Everyone's Grudge! :lol:

If games were real, that would be awesome. I would be able to go around slay monsters which seem to reproduce faster than rabbits and bugs. It would be a hard choice since many games would be similar 'cause they all would have lots of strange creatures to slay and if you're not strong enough, your behind is as good as a full course meal for the critters.

I'd go for any of the following:

Suikoden World, Budehuc Castle:
This place is peaceful and is considered neutral grounds between the Grasslands and the Zexen Confederacy. So, this place ought to be relatively peaceful. There's an outdoor dinery, a race track for horses (and/or dogs), a lottery, a dock and it's got a pretty nice view.

Final Fantasy VIII, Deling City:
This city is very nice, IMO. It's got that cultural city feel to it. This place also has its proximity to Galbadia Garden. The trains are also connecting to this city to many of the others. The rent-a-car can be used with relative ease. The only thing is that it's perpetually night until I step out of town then suddenly it becomes day.

Final Fantasy X, (Tidus') Zanarkand:
This place is pretty cool. Kinda like a more modern version of our world. they got the Blitzball games which reminded me of when people get hyped for the Super Bowl or the World Cup. They got nice buildings and a pretty interesting life. The only downside is when Sin attacks. :cry:

Harvest Moon, Mineral Town:
I would love living in Mineral Town. It's peaceful and having to pick from the 5 women is pretty laid out. Work on the farm, mingle with the people, raise the animals and join the festivals... That's a simple yet decent life. The only thing disturbing would be the fact that there are sprites going about in different colors and the goddess has working hours.

Now... If there were places I'd NEVER want to be they would be...

Fatal Frame II, The 'Lost' Village:
I don't think I need an explanation but here goes. This town is not only creepy but they hold a a sacrifice of twins every now and then.

Resident Evil, Racoon City:
Nuff said.
Kekoa Alejandro

Reina Mia's Might

189444 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find the number of people who want to visit a world to engage in wholesale slaughter and dive into life-and-death situations rather...disturbing. Unless we're pretending that in jumping into another world we suddenly stop being mediocre, average people who tend to get killed awfully quickly in such situations, it just isn't going to happen. And if you *do* suddenly gain some amazing powers, well, great. You get to kill man and beast alike in vast quantities. I'm glad to see your time here on Earth hasn't given you any sort of inhibitions about such cruelty and murder, y'know?

And frankly, suddenly being in a video game world would freak the [insert excretory substance or demonic environment of your choice] out of me. If this doesn't make you question the nature of reality, what will? Holy crap. You're in a *story*. What happens when you reach the end of the game/series? Does it end? Do you die? What happens? Is your fate controlled by the same rules of the game? Are you merely a character, at the mercy of some player's whims? And if so, that quite possibly makes every author here on Earth some perverse deity that creates and destroys entities for the purpose of amusing themself and others. This is rather heavy. Which, of course, means we must disregard it entirely.

Harvest Moon is about the only RPG that's been mentioned that any of us would even have a prayer in, I should think. If I had to be imprisoned in a piece of fiction that would inevitably drive me insane as I try to fathom what has happened, I'd like it to be a Harvest Moon game.

EDIT: Rather forgot that the salty words so common in most of the fora I frequent aren't acceptable here. I do apologize.

Last edited by Kekoa Alejandro on Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God wrote:
I would live where ever the rune mistress Jeane lives. :P

I agree :D

Tomba: A world trying to be dominated by evil pigs ? A hero with changeable pants with various colours? Sound cool!

Kingdom Hearts: The various worlds MIGHT be beautiful after all the heartless are gone, but currently, no.

Gundam: Federation V.S Zeon: The destruction and havoc we can make yes, being destroyed, no.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Providence Luc, would you really want to live in Deling City? That place is always night. I would think it would be boring. At least you could go into the sewers if you were bored and fight some monsters.

Also, Zanarkand? That place is also always night. Are you nocturnal or something?
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone's Grudge, it's something like that. Though I do enjoy the sunshine once in a while. It just so happens that the sunshine over here is over-zealous and graces us with intense sunshine quite often (except when it's the rainy season, then we tend to have a bunch of flash floods once in a while) and it does get tiring. I prefer the cool evening air to the crisp and dry air of the day. Don't get me wrong, I just happen to prefer the ambience of the night than to that of day.

And Deling City wouldn't always be that boring. Which is why people could take the train for a vacation once in a while. But a permanent home in Deling City wouldn't be half-bad. ^__^
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PalominoMule wrote:
And frankly, suddenly being in a video game world would freak the [insert excretory substance or demonic environment of your choice] out of me. If this doesn't make you question the nature of reality, what will? Holy crap. You're in a *story*. What happens when you reach the end of the game/series? Does it end? Do you die? What happens? Is your fate controlled by the same rules of the game? Are you merely a character, at the mercy of some player's whims? And if so, that quite possibly makes every author here on Earth some perverse deity that creates and destroys entities for the purpose of amusing themself and others. This is rather heavy. Which, of course, means we must disregard it entirely.

My good sir, I do believe that you are taking things a bit too literal here. Yes, we are talking about which world or time would be great to live in, yet we are still aware that such musings is still purely fictional.

That aside, I think that If I were to live somewhere in the Suikoden world, I would probably choose somewhere like Kyaro or Warrior's Village. I just like the ambiance of the places.

Outside of the Suikoden games, I'd like to live in Shevat from the Xenogears world. I just think that it would be really cool to live in a floating city with an open-minded populace.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well ...I think I would prefer , like almost everyone , the Suikodenworld.
Its the most detailed Gamesworld I know 'till now so its not silly to choose this one.

But ...maybe it would be the world of the Dark Eye (P&P) or the World of Darkness (but only as supernatural being...)[like Vampire: the Masquerade/Werewolf: the Apocalypse/Mummy the Resurrection and so on]
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raze wrote:

My good sir, I do believe that you are taking things a bit too literal here

Raze, PalominoMule is a girl... But that's beside the point...

If ever i'd have to choose a world i can live in, these would be lucky candidates on my list...

Suikoden 2, Greenhill:
I love tha atmosphere of Suikoden II's map and how all the settings are so wonderfully crafted unto the landscape. I'd like to live in Greenhill someday to be, oither a student or a teacher.

Brigandine: Legend of Forsena, Leonia/Caerleon:
I'd like to live in that old medieval lifestyle again. Their battle system is actually very similar to SuikoX. But i love it because of the atmosphere. Even though there's a war, I'd like to help out as a Rune Knight...

Final Fantasy VIII, Trabia Garden (before it was destroyed):
I've always wanted to study in Trabia even when i first started to play FFVIII... If Selphie's from there, it must have been cheerful. I'd really like to see how good i can bee as part of SeeD.

Dynasty Warriors, Wu side (somewhere in Jie Ting perhaps?):
I've always wanted to live as an officer in a Chinese Emperor's service. Though i have to train hard, i'm still gonna try my best. Now, i'm thinking of what weapon to use... A Rapier or Knives?

Star Ocean (any... they're a series anyway), Expel/Earth:
A technologically advanced world would be so interesting. Being able to pilot ships and meet intelligent life in other planets. That would be such a big dream. Learning Heraldry/Symbology would be good as well.

Those are my Top 5 for now. I might think of something else when i play other games...

ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If games were real and I could choose a world a world to live in, I will pick the world of suikoden. I will be wanderer so I could travel through the nameless land and to falena because I'll search for a true rune to become ageless or immortal :) or even join an army. the time frame would be between suikoden 2 and 3.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

-Pokemon
Might live in Goldenrod or Three Island

-Digimon
Anywhere

-Suikoden 1,3,4
All the HQ's considering they have toilets.No toilets, and i would live in Duck Village and Mordo.

-One Piece
Going Merry

-Dynasty Warriors
Yeah!!Chi Bi Wu side!

-Time Crisis
- A TRPG,

and others.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would serve under the great Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors....

suikoden 1: I'd try to live in the dragons den

suikoden 2: in rokuko or whatever the nija village is called

Suikoden 3: alma khan heheh a town with all girls.... heaven

suikoden 4: I'd be with the pirates hands down.. under kika if possable

FF7: Cosmo Canyon

Crono Trigger: Crono's house 1000 A.D.

shining force: Rhindo

shining force 2: Tristan

FF2: Eblan

FF3: Tezen

ultima: Trainsic

.hack//: Dun Loireag

star ocean 3: peterney

x-men legends: the mansion
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

unknown wrote:

I would serve under the great Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors....

I assume you realize that Lu Bu's men actually turned on him and surrendered to Cao Cao?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: