Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Zexen Federation's borders...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: The Zexen Federation's borders... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just trying to get my geographical bearings on the Zexen Federation, namely with their borders.

To me, it seems to be:

North: Budehuc Castle is probably the extreme north of the Federation. I think.

West: The sea. That's certain.

East: Well, it seems that Brass Castle is on the eastern border,

South: No idea.

What do you think? :D
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's probably about right.
Maiazuru

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I wonder how far south it goes, South enough to get into a war with Tinto, I guess...
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, they've obviously had their problems with Tinto...I still wonder though. I like what's been done for the nation wars, though: it seems to make great sense.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This article may help.

http://www.suikox.com/ed/grasslands40422.html
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

are you attempting to spark a war between Zexen and Tinto?

I speak for myself because I cannot dabble in domestic affairs without permission from the president but I believe, as a citizen of Tinto, that we have no intention of attack Zexen.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they are talking about the events that take place after Suikoden III. A few years after the events of Suikoden III, tinto and zexen had a war. I don't remember what it is about, I think I read about it on this site....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

inko37 wrote:
are you attempting to spark a war between Zexen and Tinto?

I speak for myself because I cannot dabble in domestic affairs without permission from the president but I believe, as a citizen of Tinto, that we have no intention of attack Zexen.

Calm down there, skippy. The only forum you have to fret about when it comes to the war games is Budehuc.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"are you attempting to spark a war between Zexen and Tinto?

I speak for myself because I cannot dabble in domestic affairs without permission from the president but I believe, as a citizen of Tinto, that we have no intention of attack Zexen."

One, we're allied. Two, we'd kick your ass. :mrgreen:
No one's trying to attempt war.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a lot more confused about the Grassland borders. I thought that there was a line of latitude at about Brass Castle that marked the Grassland/Zexen border, but apparently Budehuc is half on Grassland territory. Ehn? Doesn't that mean that there is Grassland territory (apparently devoid of tribes) north of Brass Castle, and north of Budehuc? I always thought the Nameless Lands were directly north of Budehuc- and according to the map, Budehuc in my mind at least, should be in Zexen territory. Based on Budehuc, does this mean that Grassland stretces all the way to the sea in the west?

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh... well Zexen is really just a piece of the Grasslands that got rich off trading and decided to separate themselves from the barbarian tribes. So unimportant border areas like Budehuc would still be under dispute. I'd imagine that there's a great deal of stuff to the north of Brass that does belong to the Grasslands, and Zexen doesn't care because it's worthless.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So the Zexens used to be Grasslanders? Funky.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes its mentioned in game by salome i believe that zexen is only 50 or so years old and harmonia may consider it a part of grassland

As for the border thing yeah i was confused about the budehic thing too. The way i figure it budheic is the extreame northern border of zexen; whereas grassland stops in the field between karayan village on the western border but above brass castle (well far enough above it) would be considered grassland. mt hei toi is in grassland. grasslands continues west (but not south) to budheic and that general area is disputed between the two countries (untill thomas sells it to lucia and leases it for 200 years thereby making it independent) Everything north of budheic and mt hei toi is either the knightdom of Camello and the outlands where thomas is from.

Zexen southern borders i would guess extend down to the map and tinto is seperated from grassland by mountains/river.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pyroflame wrote:
One, we're allied. Two, we'd kick your ass. :mrgreen:
No one's trying to attempt war.

Well, you did manage to revive a topic that had a lot of debate left in it... but, uhm, your comment is about six months late, you realize....

Anyway, I think everyone mistakes the Nameless Lands - or the Outlands, or whatever - as being as being a big unified nation like they are on the forum. They're not. The Free Knights of Camaro, for example, are Grasslanders, I believe, are they not? And there are, if I recall SARS' comments well enough, various different Tribes that are part of the Grasslands - like the Carna Tribe of Le Buque - that, for the most part, we don't see inthe game; clearly they would be in the northern regions.

The Grasslands actually stretch pretty far south, too, well into territory held by Tinto in this game. Milit, which is almost directly covered by the Suikox location Field of Golden Arrows, is said to be a Grasslands village.

Personally I don't think Zexay and Tinto touch at all. They go to war with each other through the southern Grasslands, and that fact isn't remarked since, as someone pointed out, it isn't the land controlled by the Clans.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's part of the reason Suikoden III didn't have a free roaming world map. Otherwise they'd have to stick in un-realistic barriers all over the place to stop the world map being overly large, which would then take away from the sense of size in Grasslands.

I think the reason the borders are not very definitive between Zexen, Grasslands and even Tinto is purposeful. This creates simple conflicts and definately reflects the general attitude of aggression.

Grasslander: "This is our land"
Zexen: "This is our land"
Tinto: "This isn't our land, but we'll take it anyway."

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: