Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Holiday shopping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Holiday shopping Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's that time of the year again. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hunnakah, etc. or not, the chances are you're going to be looking for something special for those important people in your life, during the holiday season. This is an open topic design to help everyone with ideas as gifts since we have a wide diversity of people here who can help. And I think we'd all like to get our shopping done before the point we have to trample or be trampled by old ladies in the aisles.

Take my situation for example:

A lady friend of mine named Kym. (I hope no one she knows is randomly searching her name online and reading this) We had a secret santa going around, but I didn't get her name. But I still wanted to get her something. I didn't get to pick her, so nothing too excessive, but thoughtful all the same.

Her interests: She's the type that would shop over at Bebe, so she's somewhat of a girly girl. She's really hyper and carefree person.

I understand that it's the thought that counts, but since I didn't pick her name, me getting her something is going to be thoughtful anyway, since she wasn't expecting one from me.

By the way, Happy Holidays, everyone. Get your shopping done early!

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm nearly done my Christmas shopping. I just need to get something for my mom and my brother, both of whom didn't give much to work with. I'm going to have to wait at least a couple weeks before I can get what I plan to buy my brother, since it hasn't been released yet.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only have to buy presents for my nieces and nephews for this Christmas. They are all little kids, so I will just buy toys. I would definitely buy presents early this time, I bought the presents at the last minutes last year... I still have nightmares about it.

Last year, I also have to worry about buying presents for some guy friend. He helped me a lot with my projects, so I wanted to buy him something. I don't know what he wanted (I know he wanted this video game, but he planned to buy it himself), and I have no idea what guys would want for Christmas. So I ended up buying him chocolate since he is a chocoholic -_-||| He was pretty happy, but I wished I could buy something more unique.

This is what I usually do for Christmas presents:
For female friends: Big stuffed animal (since I like teddy bear myself) or cute little decorative thingies
For male friends: Food (usually chocolate)

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Brother Gets: Philadelphia Eagles Monopoly
My Dad Gets: Probably nothing, since he never uses crap I get him anyway. Possibly a DVD, though.
My Mom Gets: This badass vacuum cleaner thing that cleans by itself, and then goes back to its plug to recharge automatically.
My Sister Gets: I have no idea, but probably something cheap, because she owes me money.
Odessa++

11000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im just buying for the lil kiddies.. in my opinion..christmas is for children.. new years eve is for the adults

i got my lil sister a giant soft toy(Unicorn)..thats twice as big as her.. that im having trouble on how im going to wrap it.. we have a big box.. but it will have to be shoved..
squished..
pushed..
possibly arranged in a fetal position.. jammed into the box so damn well so i can wrap it

i could always carry it to her i guess
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well lets see what am i getting for people for Christmas. Well my middle brother with me being the oldest I am getting him Halo 2 and a Family guy poster, my mom I am getting a box of diabetic chocolates and the dvd of Christmas Vacation. I still have to get something for my baby brother, my dad, and my grandfather. My grandmother is impossible to shop for since even when i ask what she wants she says nothing. I'll give her till tommorow to tell me or she really is getting nothing at all. For my grandfather i'll probably just get him some booze or something, same goes for my dad. Now as far as my brother goes he was talking about some cd rack or something like that which im sure I can manage to get for him. Now as far as for me, I've already bought myself plenty of games which i've declared as christmas presents to myself.

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If she's that type of girl, Ced, you could buy her a teddy bear (depending on how you know her...like if you're interesting in her, buy a teddy holding a heart or something, and if not, buy her a stuffed animal that is her favorite animal. Also, if you're interested in her, add in a little box of chocolates) or a little bottle of perfume. Even nice chocolates will do, if you guys are friends, or more. Can't go wrong with generic ideas like that.

Quote:
I have no idea what guys would want for Christmas.

I learned that this year :P It took me a month to get stuff together since I couldn't think of anything.

I just buy for my mom, dad, pets, and my grandmothers other than that. For my grandmother's, I'll get some candle and popouri sets, or a brooch, or baking gear. Actually, candles are also a good idea to buy for ladies that you feel you have no idea what to get.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh wow, I'm so happy the mall is open till 11pm around the holliday season, because I acutally just finished all my shopping last night, as did alot of my friends, or I saw them all through out the mall a differen't times...was kidna weird since non of us ever go to the mall, anywho.. hahah well my ladyfriend broke up with me a few weeks ago so shes not getting her present anymore... And I've gotten my dad Spiderman 2, and 50CD-R's since he makes his own music and needs more of them to record all of it onto. For my my mom I got her Everafter on DVD.. she really likes the chick flicks, and I spent 4 hours last night finding her this Pomingrantie Candle she wanted.. wow it was the first time I've ever seen a Candle of Pomingranite.. oooh I better go wrap all of them while my parents are work right now tata all

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well personally for me I would only buy immediate family gifts, but my wife wants to buy them for everyone.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this year more gift cards have been sold than any previous Christmas season, so that's always a good idea.

If you have guy friends but don't what to get them, I have the answer (and being a guy, I should have a pretty good grasp on the concept): A $20-30 gift card to Best Buy, or any large department store that sells all sorts of electronic stuff. That price usually covers all CDs (excluding boxsets) and most of the newer DVD releases. It also cuts a huge chunk out of the price of video games, so it'd only cost them about $10-15 more to get the game they are eyeballing.

Girls, I have no idea. I only have one friend who is a girl (I'm careful with that wording, hehe) but she's really perverted. I can't really say if the gift ideas for her would generalize to all members of the female persuasion (though it's a pleasant thought I suppose.... ;))

Here's what I got my family this year:

Dad - Green Bay Packer pleather jacket ($80), Beatles' Yellow Submarine poster, Favre's new autobiography

Mom - Collection of the comic Zits (my family's favorite comic), James Bond: Goldfinger poster, That '70s show DVD

Sister - Yellowcard and Godsmack CDs, new cordless phone w/caller ID, Girl Next Door and Not Another Teen Movie DVDs

Friends (4 guys, 1 girl) - George Carlin's new book, Napolean Dynamite and Dr. Strangelove SE DVDs, Star Wars ornament, and a picture of dogs playing poker

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: