Suikoden United and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Nicknames
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Nicknames Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With so many members joining the forum already, i'm curious where do all of you get the idea(s) for your nicknames.

As for mine, 'Death' comes from the character played by Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black. I'm inspired by the enigmatic, charismatic and strong version of 'death' character brought out as a person :) .
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My original nickname was Chaos, which I came up with maybe six years ago, when I was young and impressionable. My brother used Death as a nickname at that time, and I guess I wanted to be like him so I came up with Chaos. Synchysi is just a rough Greek translation of 'chaos'.

I've also used Rivaldi, which I got from Final Fantasy Tactics, and Averlus, which I came up with one day while bored out of my mind.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are three that I've used recently. ( I love coming up with new names.) This one was because of the similarities I have with the creatures. Luna Cressier is the blade that Queen uses in SIII (I used to have a crush on her :oops: :lol: ) and the last one is my own creation Tireos (when I came up with it, I thought it was Tiresias - the blind prophet).
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nicknames Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Death wrote:
As for mine, 'Death' comes from the character played by Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black. I'm inspired by the enigmatic, charismatic and strong version of 'death' character brought out as a person :) .

You need to take a look at Neil Gaiman's Death. Now, that's a charismatic and lovable version of death.

As for mine, it comes from Escaflowne. The Alseides are the kind of Guymelefs (mechas) that the Dragonslayers used. I had to create a char for a project, and decided to base it off Escaflowne, so i used lots of refferences to it. Ended up naming him Alseid Oreades. Liked the name so i started using it as a nick. And it stuck.

All the way to the edge of this world
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been using Hrestelan for quite some time now. There's some dumb story about my particular nickname, though.

"H" stands for multiple names. At first I used the nick "Haohmaru", probably my favorite character ever. Shame if you don't know him.

Then I use "Hash" for a character in an online game I'm playing now.

And there's the full name "Hakiro Restelan", who is a fictional character for a fantasy story I've been writing over the years. I use Hrestelan then because I don't pick a single name, it's an unique nickname, and is shorter than the full name.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been using Lord Dredd or a version close to that for years. It is meant to bring dread to people which is what I did with all my enemies. I just spell it differently, but it is pronounced and means the same.

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nicknames Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid wrote:
You need to take a look at Neil Gaiman's Death. Now, that's a charismatic and lovable version of death.

So true, so true(although I'd have to say my fave is destruction)

My nickname comes from The Elric Saga by Micheal Moorcock...Stormbringer is the soul-eating sword that Elric(the main character) uses that pretty much works for itself...and if you haven't read this series then you should*shakes fist*

I also use the name crapxgin a lot..and that name is just completely random :wink:
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One day when I was thinking of an MSN name, I thought of "JustSomeRandomGuy" because than at the bottom of the screen it would say "JustSomeRandomGuy is sending you a message" or something like that, which I thought was quite funny.

Anyway, that name passed after a while. It was when I had to submit a name for my fantasy football team, "JustSomeRandomTeam" came into my head so I used it. Since then I've been used the "JustSomeRandom-" prefix for loads of things, but JustSomeRandomGuy is a bit long so I sometimes shorten it to just RandomGuy.

I want to change it though, because I think it is a bit impersonal.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine was just to mock the Flik and Viktor fandom around. Don't get my wrong, Flik and Viktor are good, but some people take it to some weird extremes with some fan fiction...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use to were nothing but black clothing a lot so ManInBlack is pretty self explanitory. The 390 is just a random number because names are taken quite often when subscibing to things. I didn't think to try leaving it out when I made a name for this forum. I want to change my name but its kind of expensive :?
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My nick? just a Chrono Trigger's character.. (uncreative)
For some time at the past, I've been using some nickname like Scheherazade (escaflowne anyone?) and Hikousen (meaning = Blimp, I just like the word)

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stormbringer wrote:
My nickname comes from The Elric Saga by Micheal Moorcock...Stormbringer is the soul-eating sword that Elric(the main character) uses that pretty much works for itself...and if you haven't read this series then you should*shakes fist*

I only read one book. It's about that Albino German noble guy, right? Sorry, but it didn't appeal to me. I am currently reading the Wheel of Time series. Honestly, i thought that your name Stormbringer came from KOF, Heidern's annoying life-draining move, if anyone can relate to KOF.

As for me, I had some nicknames. In Middle School/7th and 8th Grade, i was "Imad from Baghdad" by these two guys. In the 9th grade, i was "Austin Powers". Why, i have no idea. When i ask people, they gavve some irrelevant answer like "Cuz you are!". :?
But as for Nicknames on the web, i have several. I had a tabees (a talisman), which had the moon and stuff on it. So i named myself Silver Crescent. I also used Soi Sauce, named after a shrine to the coolest anime babe, Soi from Fushigi Yuugi. and then there was Starslasher. It just popped into my head. It clicked for me. And i have been using it ever since. Other people liked the name as well. Oh and i am also using another one, Blue Star Hand. This is for the blue dot that is on my right wrist. If it was an ink mark, i thought that it should have came off. But it's been with me for 5 or 6 years. So i try to use it more. The nicknames i use mostly are: Silver Crescent, Starslasher and Blue Star Hand.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's from Arc The Lad. Only my name's in front. I did contemplate changing it, but no one knew who I was on another forum, so I decided to stick with it from now till the end of time to prevent confusion.

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My nickname (and original avatar, for that matter) is from Arc the Lad II, the main character's name is Elc. Interestingly enough, I liked Elc from the start before I had even begun playing Arc the Lad II. My current avatar is of Elk (with a "k") from the .hack games, while the picture itself comes from the final episode of .hack//SIGN: "Unison," the only episode in which any of the characters introduced in the game appear.

I've been using this name, or a variation of it (Flame Master Elc, whenever "Elc" has already been taken) ever since the Arc the Lad collection came out, so coming on about four years now.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use one of Kurapikt from Hunter X Hunter spelling.
It's Culapict and simply I switch the "u" and "a". I use this nick wherever I am. Except in old Suikosource when I use Pilika.
I changed the nick so it's more original. I don't like to have same nick like another people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: