Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What was your toughest Final boss battle?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: What was your toughest Final boss battle? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw this topic on some message board, and I thought I would start one here!

The toughest Final boss battle I was in was Star ocean 2, gosh that guy was brutal I couldn't even get close to him without dieing a short time later. :P
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it wasn't really a boss fight, but I remember that fighting the left and right hand in SSB Melee was a pain in the butt...actually I can't remember if I ever beat that level...

As far as RPGs go, the final boss in ffX was a pain in the arse, it was like impossible unless you had Yunas final weapon and the Holy spell or if you had the Sisters and Anima. I tried fighting him a couple of times without those things and I got completely creamed :P...ironically that fight is really easy with those things :roll:

The final boss in Otogi 2 was really hard too...in his ninetail form without the moonlightsword...I couldn't beat him so I had to save up 317,000 gold, when the most you get per level is 12-14,000...it took me awhile.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, it had to be Yunalesca from Final Fantasy X. It took me at least half an hour to beat, and I practically exhausted all the Aeons. Every time you thought you were getting close to winning and being able to save your game, Yunalesca changes her form and the roller coaster begins anew. I've only fought that battle once, and when I did it was very early in the morning after having played through the night. (a common occurence when one is unemployed. Ever since getting a regular job, I haven't had any all-night gaming sessions.)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Marnix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In an rpg, I really cant think of the hardest boss battle but in any game it would have to be Bushido blade 2. The one that teleports alot. As soon as you go to hit him, he teleports off to the other side again..and again....and again.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't count Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy 9, because I beat him the wrong way. I kept restoring my magic and used Knights of the Round to constantly attack him. Couple that with Final Attack Revives and you have a match that took at least an hour to finish. I wasn't too smart back then. If this counts, then it would be the hardest.

If not, then I have to agree with Croix. Indalecio from Star Ocean 2. Universal Mode, power limiter off. (He absorbs Filia). At level 255 he can still destroy me. It took some strategy and dumb luck to beat him, and that took at least 12 tries.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes Indalecio is a real pain, and until now, I've never beat him (well, I confidently took the limiter off, and even after I beat the trial cavern I still couldn't beat him).

And Ced, Emerald weapon is from Final Fantasy 7.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The final Dragon form of Fou-Lu in Breath of Fire 4.

All the way to the edge of this world
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alseid just reminded me of mine.

Myria from Breath of Fire 3.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The easiest I thought, was Tales of Symphonia's final boss, I thought it was just a warmup, and then a few minutes later boom, ending credits...Granted I didn't do all of the extra's, but it was still pretty easy..

Hardest, well, there's only 1 boss I havn't beat in an rpg, and that's the end boss of Beyond the Beyond, except I broke the disc before i could beat him. Other then that, I never did beat Emerald or Ruby weapon in ff7, maybe Ultima or Omega Weapon in FF8, or...

I don't really know, I havn't played Star Ocean, or some of the other games that have insane bosses, probably because I couldn't stand star Ocean 3's battle system, I havn't played STar Ocean 2.

Maybe Wiegraf/Velius from FFT my first time through, everyother time though it's been cake, unless in an scc....

I don't really know actually, I'm still stuck on some stupid boss in ffx, with 6 platforms and stuff, can't figure the pattern out.....
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ooh, I was just recalling these things.
everything is hard when underleveld, but 70 is the magic number.
the second form of Tresure of the Rudra's final boss was harder than the third, that was the most resent thing I can think of, and Odieo from Live-a-live (though one chara I had with me could deal 999 worth of damage)

Safer sephiroth was hard,
the True Wind Rune Incarnation is hard....
the Saga frountir bosses I figgure are hard.
Necron is hard when not level 68 or anything
Sonic 2's final boss while connected with Knuckles is hard!! (i died and didn't feel like using up my 20 lives so i quit!)
Zeromus was a difficult battle!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The final boss from Tales of Destiny 2 was a pretty hard boss to beat, she kept ticking me off.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with Indalecio from SO2. I still havent beaten him. And for me Yunalesca was soooo easy. (one hit kill, critical hit from Auron taking out 99999)
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Omega Weapon from Final Fantasy VIII and Osma from Final Fantasy IX, they were TUFF! The final bosses in FF games and most others are too easy to call final bosses so I've always seen the special bosses as final bosses because they must be beaten to get a perfect game.
Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts is currently the only boss in any of my videogames that I have not defeated yet... He WILL fall :evil: !
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if people can include Omega Weapon and Ozma, then the thoughtest Boss battle would have to be Omega in FFV. Then, when i was at a good enough level to take one the final boss easily, thanks to Coin Toss, Omega finishes me off in about half a minute! When i am able to do 9999 damage, i could only do either 4-5000 damage, or just 0! i don't know why. And Omega is at level 110, while the most i can pooibly get to was 100.

I found Loki in Valkyrie Profile to be one of the hardest battles for me. Considering the fact that only magic damages him little and physical attacks are nulled. But all is saved thanks to Valkyrie herself and her third version of Nibelung Valesti!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably the war machine in the original Final Fantasy. I don't know what the re-make is like, but that was pretty tough after fighting you way to the top of the tower to fight random battle after random battle to finally watch this thing decimate most of your party...

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: