Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Worst Gaming Moment
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject: Worst Gaming Moment Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, to copy croix's topic, this is the place to say what your worst gaming moment was

I had a few in the other topic, like getting to the last boss of beyond the beyond and breaking the disc, me bragging to him about how I beat super mario world, and not being able to get all the secret ways out of the first ghost house without practicing for like 20 minutes( I was rusty,really)....umm, buying NHL 2002, I have a few other's, I'll post them once I remember them..
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose it was when, after having beaten it up to hard mode, i left DMC for a while, then came back and realized i could barely go through normal. Ever since then, I've sucked at action games. Must be some manner of trauma...

All the way to the edge of this world
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

dying repeatedly in mgs and mgs II as well as getting handed my hiney by the final boss in lunar 2...

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same thing happened to me, Alseid, except replace the word "hard" with the word "easy", lol.

Worst gaming moment - Forcing myself to play through Shenmue's first disc three times after my save was erased twice. If you've never heard of Shenmue, it has the most boring first disc ever made.
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, my worst gaming moment would have to be while I was playing Otogi 2 after I had gotten the moonlight sword and saved I went through and got everyone else's third weapon, got almost all the items...and when I was playing through one of the levels I paused and accidentally chose the option that quit the whole game...and everything I had gotten was lost. Needless to say I haven't played that game in awhile :P .
One of my worst/dumbest moments occured during Legend of Mana in the red dragons castle/fortress...I got lost and couldn't find my way to the boss>_<.
Another moment which would qualify as my hardest/worst moment would be fighting Duriel in Diablo II with a Necromancer...I do not reccomend doing that...
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. never defeat Indalecio in Star Ocean second story LoL
2. In FFX, I remember beating a hard boss, and the light's off before I could save, after that I beat him again and my brother stupidly got his feet on the cable an the machine's off again before I could save it...
3. I unconciously erased my phantom brave data after palying it for 22 hours....

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember another one, I was about 14 hours into Skies of ARcadia, then my damn third party memory card called my save corrupted. I havn't touched it since.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me... Playing through King's Field (most of you probably knew I would say this).
A few more are playing FFX (sorry, the game just sucks), and after beating Soul Reaver, it ends as a cliff hanger... You have to know the history of how much crap I went through to get the game to really understand this one, I guess. :lol:
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

punchdoll, you've just reminded me of the laughter scene in FFX, now that was a bad gaming moment!
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

punchdoll, you've just reminded me of the laughter scene in FFX, now that was a bad gaming moment!

Oh yeah... Or the part with Kimari smiling *shudders*
That and Seymor is just a crappy downgraded version of Kefka from FFVI/FFIII.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, he seems more like a downgraded Kuja (Final Fantasy 9) who some think is a downgraded version of Kefka.

Anyway, worst gaming moment . . .

Super Smash Brothers. Melee, during a school tournament. Items were allowed. (I should have seen it coming). Some girl and I were tied up at one stock a piece. I was Fox and she was Captain Falcon. I flip kicked her up, so she was about to die. But I noticed that there was a bob-omb running at my landing spot. I was too scared to reflect-land the bomb, so I used Fox-Illusion to get away. The problem was, there was a capsule on the way to the ground in the aerial spot where the Illusion was headed. There's an 8% chance of exploding, so of course it blew up in my face. Falcon still in the middle of a Star KO, but I died off the left side of the screen before she did.

Just like last time, the reason why it was my worst gaming moment because it was in front of a crowd.

Rebel of Babylon

1137766 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mine would have to be from Donkey Kong 64 during a pathetically easy mini-game with Lanky Kong. However, though it was pathetically easy in concept, the execution was another manner as the response time for Lanky, no matter how hard I tried, was never good enough to win the mini-game.

Oh, and the maddening mini-games in Final Fantasy X to power up Tidus and Kimahri's ultimate weapons. There was one time when I beat the chocobo trainer in the race, and could hear her being hit by the birds while I was waiting at the finish line, but by the time she got to the finish her score was better than mine. I wasn't too thrilled with the controls in that particular part of the game. Though somewhat loosely related to Tidus' weapon quest, I'd like to know what psychotic mind came up with the idea of having to dogde oncoming blitzballs and demented birds while riding a chocobo who decides to turn into the oncoming path when you're just about at the finish line?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was one of those few lucky ones who fluked it on my 3rd go. I didn't tempt fate and try to do it again.... Kimarhis mini-game though I hated that. I shouted swearwords at my poor TV more than a few times.

I think one of my worst moments was when I was playing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest on the SNES, I was about 3/4s of the way through. I came back one day to find my younger sister (who never plays any computer games) had decided out of the blue to start playing as well and had saved over my saved game.

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Worst gaming Moment Is any Fighting game I lose and I go crazy.. Its just too hard..

Also in Suikoden 3 I trained for like a day and got all least guys up so much levels. I was so happy.. But as luck would have it the power went out for some reason and i lost it all.. I never played Suikdoen 2 for like a month then fianlly tried again and the power didn't go out!.. I save almost every hour in every rpg i play now..
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the most recent ones (just a couple hours ago, actually) - Getting Cao Cao down to a sliver of life with Pang Tong....and then having Liu Bei DIE just before I got to knock Cao Cao down with the finishing blow.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: