Suikoden Unique and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Opinion on Israel-Palestine war
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
Thing is you guys obviously didnt read a previous post that I made which is look at the position Israel is in. They are surrounded on all side by people who hate the fact that they exist. Thats why they were given nukes in the first place so those countries that might try to invade them yet again would know if they do the Israelies have nukes they could use.

This reminds me of the time when India and Pakistan were creating its own nuclear arms race back in the late 90's. I never thought i would be saying late 90's....well, anyways, India started creating their own nuclear bombs. Pakistan in turn did so as well. Of course everyone kept telling them "No, you fools! Don't do it!"

Well, i don't know on both sides of the matter, but i lived in Pakistan back in 1999. There, India started creating their own nuclear arsenal first. No one would be able to do anything in time, should India attack first, so what would be the better plan? Making their own! Pakistan does have a right to defend itself. And they didn't sign the CTBT (that's what it was called, right SARS?), as India didn't. And i also understand that the US during that time didn't sign it also, neither did Israel.

Well, thankfully the tension between the two countries in the Indian sub-continent are easing up.

[quote=Filipe"]The difference between Israel and Iran when it comes to Nuclear Weapons is the fact that Israel can be trusted with them while Iran cant. Thats all there is to it on that discussion. [/quote]
After Israel bombed Syria? Even back in Perth, all the students at my university in the Politics class agreed that it was a bad thing to do and Sharon should have gotten a spanking.

filipe wrote:
all the possibilities for peace must be initiated from the palestinean side right now otherwise there is nothing that will happen.

Hm, yes. In the profound words of Bill Watterson: Everyone gets mad in a good compromise.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
JERUSALEM, Jan. 27 - In unusually upbeat remarks, the Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharon, said Thursday that there was an opportunity for a "historic breakthrough" with the Palestinians, and he had warm words for their new leader, Mahmoud Abbas.

Mr. Abbas called for a formal cease-fire agreement with Israel, while his prime minister ordered a ban on carrying weapons in areas under Palestinian security control, the latest of several steps intended to rein in militants.

Mr. Sharon has expressed skepticism about whether such steps are substantive. But on Thursday, he offered some of his most optimistic comments since Mr. Abbas was elected on Jan. 9.

"I believe that the conditions have been created that will allow us and the Palestinians to reach a historic breakthrough in relations," Mr. Sharon said Thursday night in a speech in Tel Aviv. "It seems that there is a positive approach there regarding the war on terrorism and advancing the diplomatic process."

"If the Palestinians take comprehensive action to stop terrorism, violence and incitement," he said, then the Middle East peace plan known as the road map could begin being put into place, and the coming Israeli withdrawal from Gaza could be coordinated. He spoke during a visit by William J. Burns, the chief State Department diplomat for the Middle East.

Prime Minister Ahmed Qurei issued the weapons ban at a meeting of the Palestinian National Security Council in Ramallah, said Saeb Erekat, the chief Palestinian negotiator.

For more than four years, swaggering Palestinian gunmen have routinely carried weapons on Palestinian streets.

Initially, the order applies to the Gaza Strip and the West Bank town of Jericho, Mr. Erekat said. Mr. Abbas has been calling for a halt to violence against Israel and has won an informal pledge from militant factions to suspend attacks. But the factions are demanding that Israel agree to stop arresting or killing wanted Palestinians.

On Thursday, before a trip to Jordan and other countries in the region, Mr. Abbas said he was seeking a formal cease-fire.

"We are very interested in the issue of a cease-fire, and the issue of a declaration of a cease-fire, and we've informed the Israelis of this," Mr. Abbas said. "The Israelis have to respond quickly and not wait for another two or three weeks."

Israeli officials have said that Israel will respond to quiet with quiet, but they have been hesitant to go further.

"I intend to make gestures toward Abu Mazen and at the same time keep my eyes open and examine the situation on their side," Mr. Sharon said.

In another development, Palestinians staged municipal elections in Gaza, with balloting held in 10 communities, most of them small. The results, expected Friday, will offer some sense of the relative strength of Mr. Abbas's Fatah movement and Hamas, the Islamic faction that has carried out many suicide bombings and other attacks.

The local elections began last month in more than two dozen West Bank communities. Additional rounds are planned in the West Bank and Gaza in the coming months.

While violence has declined, it has not stopped. Israeli troops shot dead a mentally ill Palestinian man on a road in central Gaza that is for the exclusive use of Jewish settlers and the Israeli military, the Palestinians and the Israeli military said. Palestinian medical officials identified the man as Said Zaker, 30.

In another development, Israel's attorney general said the Jewish National Fund, which owns many thousands of acres of Israeli land, was not permitted to sell property only to Jews, and must also allow Arabs and other non-Jews to buy land.

Hmmm...perhaps things are looking up a bit.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im not saying that Israel has done nothing wrong but there is no reason to believe that they would use nuclear weapons for any reason besides self defence or mutual destruction should the threat arise. We know with some certainty that Iran's plans for said nuclear weapons are neither for self defence nor mutual destruction if the threat arose. If everything were right in the world and they would all mutually agree never to attack Israel again for any reason then both Israel and Iran could disarm. Then that would remove any problems that would arise from that, you know how it goes.

Now while all those things are great news with the exception of the mentally ill man who was killed by the Israeli military. Unfortunately, it is one of those things considering that it was a very specific road only for settlers and Israeli military they had no way of knowing he was mentally ill. If they had known then they probably wouldnt have done anything but considering with all of these suicide bombers and such over the past couple of years you cant take that risk. Either way I am sorry the gentleman is dead.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ehm.. it's been a long time since I last updated this thread. Okay, latest news today is that beside Palesstine, things are getting pretty hot between Israel and Libanon. Well, I won't say that's big suprise since they both have long history of war with each other.

full news here : http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2005/06/hizbollah_strik.php

Back to Israel-Palestine conflict, yesterday Israel aircraft throw missile attack to northern Gazza, the first medium scale attack since the ceasefire agreement in February. They intend to attack a weapon storage facility they said, but it turned out that the missile struck a water pumping station.

Now, let's talk about something else other than news.

Of all things, I knew that the Palestinians bombing for Israel worried the world a lot, but media rarely speaks about the massacre done by Israel, not only to palestine, but to some other countries as well.

Qibya massacre : it's one of the brutest, leading most of the Palestinians out of Israel. The attack on Qibya took place in the evening of October 14, 1953, to counter a kiling of two Israelis. It began with an artillery barrage at the village until Israeli troops reached the outskirts of the village. Landmines were laid out on roads to prevent Jordanian troops from joining the fight. When the village had been cleared of resistance, Israeli soldiers ordered the civilians to leave their homes and stated that they would be demolished; they then laid explosives around many of the houses and blew them up. The claim that villagers were given an opportunity to flee is supported by the fact that most of the villagers did so. At dawn the operation was considered completed and the Israeli troops returned home.
Forty five villagers' houses had been destroyed, as well as the mosque, the school and the water reservoir. The Israeli authorities said that over 50 people were killed, two thirds of them women and children, but there's a suspect that the numbers of the deaths were larger . The rest of the village population, around 2,700 in number, were able to flee. The Israeli government initially claimed that the killing was carried out by Jewish civilians living near the border, but later admitted that it was done by military forces.

The Mansouri ambulance bombing : The Israeli bombed an ambulance in mansouri village, south Libanon, 8 civilians were killed, including 2 mother and their four children

The Qana massacre : At Qana, Libanon 1996, the war between Hizbollah and Israli happened there, and it leads to a killing of 106 civilian refugees, and 351 injured, mostly children, women, and old men. It's like a holocaust I think. I found a picture on the net showing a beheaded child victim.

There's still some more killing of course, still a lot more, but the scale is smaller and often left unwritten. And I said to you, everytime Israel killed Palestinians, at the same time they encounter it with bombing. And everytime the Palestinians bombs Israel, at the same time the Israelis counter by killing more people. There's no end to this. The same as there's no right or wrong in both sides.

Now, let's talk about the nuclear a little. You know? I found some interesting things when I read Dan Brown's Angels & demons. One of the character there said that the reason why US position in this conflict is on Israel side. The book said that they help Israel, so Israel is strong enough to overcome the Arabs surrounding whithout the need to use nuclear weapons. I found it pretty interesting, but I doubt that the things would be that simple. There's a lot more conspiracy theory out there, but who knows which one is right?

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

..... I would like to see this conflict over. I am downright furious with this.
Kohaku wrote:
There's still some more killing of course, still a lot more, but the scale is smaller and often left unwritten. And I said to you, everytime Israel killed Palestinians, at the same time they encounter it with bombing. And everytime the Palestinians bombs Israel, at the same time the Israelis counter by killing more people. There's no end to this. The same as there's no right or wrong in both sides.

....Even if it is at a smaller scale, it is still killing. And innocent lives once again became victims to a conflict not started, wanted, or liked by them, a mere result of anger, hate, and foolishness of only a few people from two sides, but they didn't get any damage. They did not get any pain, sadness, and hurt. There were only a few of them, but they hurt millions who did not even know them, and yet they themselves leave undirty, clean, and unscarred. It's strange that war's fire doesn't inflict upon those who started it, but on those who were not involved in it. With hate, comes more hate, and such as a saying in my country(Kohaku, you would know this) , "He who starts the wind will conjure up a storm".

There's no wrong or right in a war.
Only sadness.
So just avoid war as you can.
Realize that there are many who are less fortunate than us.
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Jews and Muslims have been fighting for like a thousand years. and they fight only because they hate the other. Its all a matter of who threw the first rock.

high lifters

100063 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's all just fucking stupid. I can't stand it! Why would you kill each other?? We live in in age sensible enough to just stop fighting and make love goddamn it.
Tron Bonne

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

gari wrote:
It's all just yee-haw! stupid. I can't stand it! Why would you kill each other?? We live in in age sensible enough to just stop fighting and make love goddamn it.

you may live in such an age, but the radical islam does not. They are still stuck in the 7th century, where it is acceptable to cut off a man's hand if he steals, or kill a guy because he looks at you funny.

-edit- changed misspelled racial to radical.

Last edited by Tron Bonne on Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the Jews have not fought with Muslims on any major scale until the state of Israel was created by the united nations back in 1947. Before that, Jews and Arabs pretty much co-existed in relative peace in that area.

Also, there are over 40 wars going on around the globe as we speak; that speaks a lot concerning the "sensibilities" of our current times.
Tron Bonne

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
Before that, Jews and Arabs pretty much co-existed in relative peace in that area.

there may not have been many wars or sqirmishes in palestine before 1947, but that's not to say there was no war between Jews and Muslims. not acutal war. More like Jihad:

There were mass murders of Jews in Arab lands occurred in Morocco in the 8th century, where whole communities were wiped out by the Muslim ruler Idris I; North Africa in the 12th century, where the Almohads either forcibly converted or decimated several communities; Libya in 1785, where Ali Burzi Pasha murdered hundreds of Jews; Algiers, where Jews were massacred in 1805, 1815 and 1830; and Marrakesh, Morocco, where more than 300 hundred Jews were murdered between 1864 and 1880.26

Decrees ordering the destruction of synagogues were enacted in Egypt and Syria (1014, 1293-4, 1301-2), Iraq (854*859, 1344) and Yemen (1676). Despite the Koran's prohibition, Jews were forced to convert to Islam or face death in Yemen (1165 and 1678), Morocco (1275, 1465 and 1790-92) and Baghdad (1333 and 1344).27

The situation of Jews in Arab lands reached a low point in the 19th century. Jews in most of North Africa (including Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya and Morocco) were forced to live in ghettos. In Morocco, which contained the largest Jewish community in the Islamic Diaspora, Jews were made to walk barefoot or wear shoes of straw when outside the ghetto. Even Muslim children participated in the degradation of Jews, by throwing stones at them or harassing them in other ways. The frequency of anti-Jewish violence increased, and many Jews were executed on charges of apostasy. Ritual murder accusations against the Jews became commonplace in the Ottoman Empire.

Hitler in a head scarf.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of that was just usual aggressive expansion of the Muslim Empire. They killed just about everyone that didn't convert, so that doesn't really count.

Last edited by Leb on Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And Christians also did basically the same thing during those times as well.
Tron Bonne

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

point is, Muslims did not get along with Jews, and vice-versa. Heck, Muslims didn't get along with anyone in those times. and the radical Islam today is exactly like the Muslim Empire, in terms of you either convert, suffer, or die.

but i digress. I don't see an end to the Palestine/Israel conflict any time soon.
My opinion is that if the palestinians attack, the Israelis have the right to defend themselves. If the Israelis attack, the Palestinians have the right to defend themselves.

as far as who should live there, I side with the Israel. Regardless of who owned the land in the past, its their land now. and if that doesn't sit well with the Palestinians, well too darn bad.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you mean by "defend themselves"? These are always quick strikes that end in moments. Do you mean that you believe both sides should retaliate?

And it's hard to say that there's always been animosity between Jews and Muslims. Islam is a faith that was founded on force, and has always believed conversion is what's best for everyone. Just look at the translations of "islam" and "muslim".
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Islam is a faith that was founded on force, and has always believed conversion is what's best for everyone. Just look at the translations of "islam" and "muslim".

You are heavily misunderstanding the meaning of the word islam. It has certainly nothing whatsoever to do with conversion. It relates to the submission of the faithful before God, not to the submission of the "heathen" before the muslim conquerer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: