Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your oppinions on Bad A**ses of the Suikoden Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about Ronnie Bell? She could break anyone in half if she wanted to.
Or kage? Not everyone just joins your party when You find' him, so he must be so badass that he can sense that you'll kill everyone.

But I'd have to give my vote to..hmm...probably.... dunno really, someone like Luca I guess, it took about 70 guys to take him down, and he was just crazy and strong, nothing else. Imagine with a True Rune, it'd be nuts.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I vote for Leon. His appearence might not have the badass-ness, but I think men that use their head are always so much more sexy and badass :D
He is THE strategist in Suikoden afterall.
Geddoe got the second place in the badass-ness. Seriously, He got the best lines out of the whole Suikoden 3.

For the ladies' side, I would vote for Lucia in Suikoden 3 manga. I kinda forgot how she was like in the game itself, but in the manga, she is cool as a leader and a mother.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My number 1 badass would have to be Duke, he was tough, a good rival, a huge sword, a gang of mercenaries, and a bad ass personality.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Duke's awesome. Huge Sword and Lightning Magic is too cool. And he isn't that hotheaded. Refer to his recruitment quotes, when you take him out of the team. Unlike Borus, Fred or the Lizards. Duke and his team rocks.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My Badasses is Leon. Well his strategist is great, Shu is the 2nd sorry.

The next is Luca Blight, hell he is crazy indeed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duke can't qualify as a badass because he's scared of dogs...

For Female badass, typically it should be oulan or Ronnie Bell, simply because those two can whip men like potatoes even if they're woman.

As for male badasses... There're many... No point talking about them... Humphrey is a stereotypic badass. But i say, the best male badass would be abizboah! Heck, no one can beat a kraken. He's blue, has a loving wife and child, and has his own rune.
Mathiu Silverberg

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought Viktor was somewhat of a badass, I mean, hes cocky, he has a cocky talking sword, and people call him The Bear. How much cooler can you get.

Flik was always the suave Abercrombie & Fitch kind of badass to me, but you can't not like a guy with the nickname Blue Lightning.

However......I think the prize goes hands down to Luca. I mean, everyone who played S2 secretly wanted to play as him, if only to smite an entire town. When it takes 18 people and 100 some odd arrows to take you down, I think you've earned a trophey or something. If this guy would have got a True Rune in his possession, and actually used it.....I doubt if anyone could have taken him.
Odessa++

11000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maaaaan has to be Yuber and Pesmerga too

but most of all really.. it has to go to that punk Luca Blight hahaha
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't say Luca was a badass, he was just psychotic. Oh man, he just annihilated an entire town and killed its residents! That is so badass! Doesn't work for me. But I do give him props for not being a pansy that games usually write their villains as. They usually have some sort of remorse or conscience, or don't display their powers of evil all over and try to wipe out everyone. They do it tactfully. Luca just does what he wants. Whenever. And it takes 3 parties to beat him! That's just cool, man.

I agree about Ronnie Bell; my Suikoden 1 badasses would just be the strong fighter types, and the ones that stand out on their own. Ronnie, Fu Su Lu, Luc, Morgan, Kage, Joshua, Milia, Crowley, Camille...I'm probably missing a lot more, but now you get an inside look at my favorite parties.

As for Suikoden 2, it has to be Lo Wen, Mazus, Rina, Luc, Killey, Camus, (Miklotov's hair cut excludes him from this list) Raura, Jeane, Shin...loads more in that list too. Generally, I go for the ones who don't have a lot of screen name and the way they are designed. For instance, I shun all of the blacksmiths of Suikoden 1 because they all look alike and are boring.

I haven't played Suikoden 3 yet, but for badass looks I'd say YUBER. He is such a wannabe Turk.
Luna Nova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flik is the badass of Suikoden 2! Oulan and Killey too!
Suikoden 3's aren't as qualified, but I'd say Percival and snobby Roland!
Oh, and Suikoden 1's badass is definitely Anji... and maybe Joshua and Milia too!

Suikoden has many of 'em! They're not so easy to list!
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Liukan, obviously. What other old old old old man can actually join your party . . . and hit people with his stick, and have a beard . . . and not be Crowley. I lose.
Carabbit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shrew wrote:
You know who's NOT a badass though? Yuber. The man (creature/demon/whatever) is a pansy-ass coward! He only things he does is insult other people and gets beat up and runs away. And then he insults you again as he runs away. That's because he's a pansy-ass coward.

Plus I think he eats children and not rocks, and dressing like Michael Jackson really doesn't help either.

ROFL

You know, I have to agree. Everytime he comes on screen I hear "Billy Jean" start to play in my head. "Billy Jean is not my lover..." but that's the only line I know so it just sort of repeats. Honestly. Why didn't someone at Konami make it so Yuber could moonwalk?

Geddoe gets badass points from me, extra for punching out the dude in Le Buque.
Daycon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But at least he wears pants, ya?

"Being eaten by an alligator isn't bad. It?s like going to sleep....in a giant blender."
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, there's been some good responses to this one, heh heh! :D

Starslasher wrote:
And Guillaume...!!!...not only is he "bad", but he's also an "ass". emphasis on both seperately! What's worse then being a pedophile *laugh*.

Oh my... Did any self-respecting Suikoden fan want to be reminded of that?! Lol, yeah well even so, you do have an incredibly valid point. I love seeing things from a humerous point of view, and I must say that is a masterful example. Also, another thing about Guillaume is that he has the disgrace of losing to Thomas in a duel... Now that's just BAD!

On the subject of pedophiles, though...
Carabbit wrote:
Shrew wrote:
You know who's NOT a badass though? Yuber. The man (creature/demon/whatever) is a pansy-ass coward! He only things he does is insult other people and gets beat up and runs away. And then he insults you again as he runs away. That's because he's a pansy-ass coward.

Plus I think he eats children and not rocks, and dressing like Michael Jackson really doesn't help either.

ROFL

You know, I have to agree. Everytime he comes on screen I hear "Billy Jean" start to play in my head. "Billy Jean is not my lover..." but that's the only line I know so it just sort of repeats. Honestly. Why didn't someone at Konami make it so Yuber could moonwalk?

Man... With every topic I read, this forum seems to keep getting better and better, lol. Well, sure they could've made Yuber moonwalk. If you racall a game named "Soul Blazer" for SNES (Enix made it) your character could moonwalk and do dance moves in that game. (Oddly enough, that didn't seem intentional, either.) Not to mention Super Metroid (you know, when you hold down the charge...) But, pease, let's not go as far as to call Yuber "Michael Jackson..." And be VERY glad that Konami doesn't let him do some of Jackson's more infamous dance gestures...

Marshmallow wrote:
Liukan, obviously. What other old old old old man can actually join your party . . . and hit people with his stick, and have a beard . . . and not be Crowley.

Again, good point! While a humerous take on the subject, I have to kinda' disagree on principle here... I don't think that a hermit can really qualify as a bad*ss. But, the world is your burrito, dude. 8)

...after much delay... :?

Ok, well here are my opinions on the topic here. First off, I'm going to say why I didn't pick Luca Blight... While he's certainly not any panzy, and has the strength of about a thousand men, that doesn't really make him a bad*ss... I don't think that being a bonefied psycho who enjoys taking pleasure in the suffering of others can really fit into this "bad*ss" category that we've defined. With that said, a bad*ss doesn't care about torturing someone, he or she just does what they want, when they want, and they let others clean their mess up. (Yeah, Luca still fits the mold...)Bad*sses aren't very emotional, and rarely lose their cool. I don't think there was a scene where Luca Blight was even remotely "cool." Well, not cool in the controlled sense.

With that said, I kinda' have to lean toward Geddoe. He looked like a bad*ss, plus he nailed that sissy who kept talking junk to Franz. You gotta' love a guy who tells someone to put up, or shut up. And I don't recall a scene where Geddoe ever lost his cool, a stark contrast to the raving maniac that we all know Luca Blight to be.

Some other honorables here have to be Flik :D (obvioiusly) and Viktor. While each is a bad*ss, one they seem to compliment each other well. While Viktor almost never loses his cool, Flik is a lot more in control of his abilities, and because of that is more intimidating, IMO. Viktor is just kind of a silly bear guy. Others would have to include Hauser (Richmond's findings back me up here!), Teo McDohl, & Shu... Yeah, I bet Shu COULD kick some major butt! :P Too bad you never get fight with him in your party... I'll also give kudos to Killey, Sydonia, Gijimu, and Humphrey here.

For the ladies I'd have to go with Valeria. She's always cool, good-looking, and she can decimate the crap out of people with her falcon rune. She's also the type who wouldn't take anyone's crap, either. Honroables for the ladies would include Lucia (obviously), Lo Wen (gotta' love her trash-talking Neclord :D , lol!), and Oulan.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Also, although Gerog seems silent, this is because he simply doesn't have a large part in the plot. When he does speak, he seems like he's a rather jolly fellow, although at times he gives you serious advice. For that reason, to me he seems less of a badass than Humphrey (who scores everything low in the cooking match--because he only eats rocks).

How can you say it's anyone but Humphrey after seeing that. You must also take into account that he's so badass he attacked his commanding officer at Kalekka.

Rocks 4 lyfe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: