Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your oppinions on Bad A**ses of the Suikoden Series
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Your oppinions on Bad A**ses of the Suikoden Series Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We all know the some characters that you recruit arn't really the friendliest guys or have the best background.That's how the Suikoden world works there's just not just one side of the story there's many.For example like how the State army from Suikoden 2 would like monster to the Highland people.

But anyways i got off track which characters do you think are bad a**ses like just their background or their personality.Please State reasons for your oppinions.

Lets keep It in the first 3 suikoden game so there's no spoilers.

Thx

Last edited by Deleted User 1 on Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Killey, need I say more?
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm....I'm sorry but I'm gonna haveta go with Kenji from S3...he's like the almighty one of Badarses... 8)
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"reads above post..cringes in fear then runs away crying"
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come on, admit it, you know that Kenji is a total badarse...I mean come on, look at his perfectly sculpted body and his tough guy exterior :wink:
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you mean it literally, then yeah, Kenji did have a bad arse. Hahaha j/k

To me, it's definitely Hai Yo. Sure he ran away from the Black Dragon Island (or whatever the island's name is), probably with his tail between his legs (not that he really has tails). But then he annihilated all the silly chefs who challenged him. One even went as low as cheating, but when it's fair and square, there's no stopping Hai Yo.

Not only he excelled at cooking food, he was a very powerful fighter as well. No other character could deal huge damage by using a WOK!!! His magical dancing skill (or fighting pose if you prefer) was mesmerizing as well. So yeah, Hai Yo is the badass. >=D

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i also vote for hai yo; wok upside the head and done. not only does he use cookware for a weapon, he's one crazy mo' fo on top of it *and that hyper attitude, like an adhd child!!*

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the character that most fits the classical, stereotypical mold of "badass" would be Humphrey. He has the history, personality, a huge sword, and an apprentice (futch) he accepted as a part of his friendship with another badass, Joshua Levenheit.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Humphrey, Georg Prime, Futch when he grows up a little in S3 are good bad*sses.

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Humphrey would be my number 1 bad*ss because he has all the qualities.

Next would come Viktor, Flik from S2, then Geddoe.

And I agree with Bugg in saying Hai Yo. The guy rocks when you work on him a little.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

C'mon it's gotta be Georg Prime. I mean he assassinated the Queen for goodness sake. Everything about him is badass, he's strong, quite silent, and has more history than all these other guys.

Georg rulez!
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Georg, but the problem is that he likes cheesecake and custard pudding, which makes him score less. In the article A Tribute to Real Men at maddox.xmission.com (Warning: contains very offensive material), Maddox describes a "Badass" as the following--

Quote:

Captain Sigurdur "Iceman" Petursson:

Captain Petursson, the skipper of a trawler named "Erik the Red," was watching his crew gut some fish one day when he saw a shark swimming towards them. Did he grab his skirt and run screaming like some nancy-boy? Hell no! He ran alright, right into the water, grabbed the 660 lb (300 kg) shark by its tail, dragged it to land and MURDERED IT WITH HIS KNIFE!!*$# Holy shit!

Although he's called the "Iceman," I have no doubt this man was born and raised a pirate. How can he not be? He probably eats rocks and shit gun powder. If he were any manlier, he'd start a website where he lambasted morons who emailed him on a daily basis. Captain Petursson is a real man in every sense of the word.

Now, Georg eating cheesecake would not jive well with the "eating rocks" part.

Also, although Gerog seems silent, this is because he simply doesn't have a large part in the plot. When he does speak, he seems like he's a rather jolly fellow, although at times he gives you serious advice. For that reason, to me he seems less of a badass than Humphrey (who scores everything low in the cooking match--because he only eats rocks).
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Also, although Gerog seems silent, this is because he simply doesn't have a large part in the plot. When he does speak, he seems like he's a rather jolly fellow, although at times he gives you serious advice. For that reason, to me he seems less of a badass than Humphrey (who scores everything low in the cooking match--because he only eats rocks).

*L0L* about Humphrey's eating habits.

If I went with the definition of Bad A**, I would have to pick someone that never makes a fool out of theirselves. Humphrey is just a bit more serious and in control of his pansiness than Georg is. Georg speaks a lot more than Humphrey does, and that leads to saying more random pansy phrases than someone that hardly ever speaks.

Some other choices that I thought of is, Leon Silverberg(because no one makes a fool of him...well hardly ever, and his military strategy kicks butt). Hauser is pretty tough and is also stands on a very morale high ground. One could always go with Pesmerga(he absolutely never says anything pansy, because he doesn't even speak a couple of times in the games), but we won't even go there...nm that. Killey is a pretty good badarse, he keeps his cool really well. I'd pick Joshua Levenhiet, but his asinine headgear automatically rules him out IMO. Geddoe is a good bada** to, and even while he does plays he tries not to make a fool of himself. Oulan would have to be in the top ten as well, I think.

To me, it's either between Humphrey or Leon, because they keep their coolness really good while being in the story quite a bit.
You could argue that Humphrey's bada**er because he cuts people dead with his big sword, but Leon can order people to chop up people...including Humphrey. Sure, Humphrey would slaughter Leon in a one on one battle, but Leon is not foolish(a**) to get caught in that sort of comprimising position. He puts other people in embaressing/deadly situations.;)
I pick Leon.:)
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately though, Leon wears a scarf, which immediately puts him out of the running (as much as I would like to say that he is a badass).
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know who's NOT a badass though? Yuber. The man (creature/demon/whatever) is a pansy-ass coward! He only things he does is insult other people and gets beat up and runs away. And then he insults you again as he runs away. That's because he's a pansy-ass coward.

Plus I think he eats children and not rocks, and dressing like Michael Jackson really doesn't help either.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: