Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phantom Kingdom

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Phantom Kingdom Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay as most of you will know by now, I am really into Strategy/Tactical RPG's, and there shall soon be another fine Nippon Ichi TRPG to hit Japan sometime in 2005, and most probably sooner or later in the US and so forth. I for one enjoyed the previous three Nippon Ichi TRPG's, La Pucelle, Disgaea and then Phantom Brave as they all improved on one another as they went along. So I shall assume that this new TRPG called Phantom Kingdom shall be just as great and most likely improve on the previous games on many terms and aspects...

I have seen a few screenshots throughout the net, and they basically look the same as all the other games (not really a surprise) though they are slightly tweaked and look a bit better if anything. I saw this one screenshot at RPGgamer in which the water looked pretty nice and so did the buildings on the battle map there:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/other/ps2/phanking/screens/phanking009.jpg

Phantom Kingdom is supposed to merge together ideas from both Disgaea and Phantom Brave, with a story of rebuilding a demon world, though it is not in anyway a direct sequel to either of these games. The demon world was apparently destroyed due to the demon king screwing around with the flow of things and in part destroys his entire planet and people. You now get to rebuild it and hire new characters to help you fight so I imagine the customization with building your town and such will be quite nice and varied...

I hope it will be as good as Nippon Ichi's previous installments, and considering all the rest of these games sold so well in Japan as well as the US (And soon hopefully in Australia/UK) this game should be just as successful and continue to raise Nippon Ichi's success which would in turn let them keep spewing out great TRPGs to tide me over until other great game companies decide to get involved with the potential gold mine that is Strategy Role Playing Games. Konami should really be considering a sequel to Vandal Hearts, and reincarnate Ash back into it...whoa I could just imagine how good that game would be...

Hmm, I just noticed the link I wrote above only redirects you to the RPGgamer homepage,anyhow you will find the Phantom Kingdom section halfway down, and there are only about ten screen shots now so check them out to see the nice one I was talking about...
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget phantom-kingdom.com. It's had some nice updates recently.
Good to know I'm not the only person excited about Phantom Kingdom! I didn't particularly like Phantom Brave, so I'm happy to hear PK will have some humor back in it. Some of Disgaea's character classes are returning (warriors, mages, clerics, and of course prinnies!) and there's some neat new weapons (bazookas, flails I think). All in all, I think it's shaping up very nicely so far. Pity the release date isn't anytime soon - March for Japan, so probably summertime for North America.

Edited to fix the link. There's a hyphen in there!

Last edited by kagematsuri on Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strangely because I am in a current phase of playing off all of my old PSOne RPGS/TRPGS I have had little time to play La Pucelle/Disgaea/Phantom Brave. I own them all (I could not call myself a collector or a TRPG fan If I did not possess them) but considering I have tendencies to play multiple games at once I try not to get the urge to start playing them lest I get distracted from other projects I am currently pursuing.

Even still, I tend to play games fast and finish them with ease should I set my mind to it, so I am glad I am going to eventually gain a forth Nippon Ichi Tactical RPG. I mean by the time I have even finished one of the other ones, this game will probably be released in the US by then LOL. That does not bother me though, the concept of owning a large amount of Strategy games is rewarding enough for me.

At least Phantom Kingdom will bring a brand new storyline and rather new and different gameplay elements (they all differ slightly between each game) for me to test out when it is released in many months. The best thing is that the popularity and sales of these TRPG's is rising enormously, which can only mean plenty more future installments. And other game companies will surely see the potential of making lots of money and willfully join in on the pot o' gold creating a Strategy RPG can easily bring.

Anyhow It never ceases to amaze me how quickly all these games are coming out, for me they are anyway as I have explained above how it takes me ages to get around to playing newly purchased games. Still my ultimate desire for a new TRPG is Vandal Hearts 3...and who knows that may even not be a pointless dream, for if this new one coming to the DS sells well...you never know it may be created one day. But that is a different story anyway. I eagerly await new details for Phantom Kingdom at RPGamer and around the net. And yes it is also good that there is another person who likes the look of this game and how it shall develop.
El Diablo Negro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm also pretty excited about this. I, like you, am a avid Strat Rpg fan. So of course this game is going to the top of my list. I just wish Nippon Ichi would go back to the good old toliet humor that I loved so much in Disgaea though.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for this, as some of you may know, I'm a big supporter of Nippon ichi/NISA. This looks really good game, my only problem is they're using the 'no grid' aspect of Phantom Brave again, which I didn't really care for.
kagematsuri

Cannon Fodder

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Diablo Negro wrote:
I'm also pretty excited about this. I, like you, am a avid Strat Rpg fan. So of course this game is going to the top of my list. I just wish Nippon Ichi would go back to the good old toliet humor that I loved so much in Disgaea though.

I think it's supposed to have more humor this time around. Maybe not as much as Disgaea, but hopefully much more than Phantom Brave. Man, that game got depressing.

In other news, the official website has updated. I have no idea with what though, as I can't read a single bit of Japanese. There's some nice screenies though. ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: