Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What made you love Suikoden..??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave suikoden a first chance when my friend showed me a picture of Yuber. After seeing yuber and the long list of other interesting looking characters i *had* to play Suikoden. And im glad i did. Although 4 was a bit of disappointment it had it moments (elenor!) But i really love suikoden because, well, you get to fight in wars. You get a very cool unique battle system. The characters all fit in and have a unique personality. You have all the nations and the true runes and normal runes. And the -storyline- which is most important was very intruiging. I cant say anything bad about the game. It was very interactive (mini games!) and well....

It was just a great game that i love.
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, the first thing that really made me LOVE the game series was the headquarters. However, after I'd actually gotten through one of the games, a lot that I loved was there.
Hugo

Flaming Arrows

7609 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I first played suikoden as a rental copy from my video store. Two days was never enough time to do what I wanted in the game because there was just so much to do. I loved the story and you were being introduced to the settings and talking to other characters and fighting monsters to level up and get items. Basically you just wanted to progress in the game to see what happens next.

At the time when I bought this, I chose it over Alundra because I was more interested in the Suikoden world. I wanted to see more characters like the Elves and the Kobolds. I was just fascinated with the whole idea of it and it appealed to me much more than the Final Fantasy games that have to be played in their own way.

Each new game introduced something new to wonder about and it's not difficult to understand why the Suikoden series has a cult following. There are so many unanswered questions and I've a feeling that there will be whole new questions that will keep it's fans coming back for more.
Rogue

Rogue

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, prepare yourselves for a cliche' story. lol

A long time ago my friend/brother JD heard I liked playing RPGs and he gave me his old Suikoden game. At first glance at the cover I thought it was a typical game about Chinese warriors and dragons and stuff like that but when I started playing I started to get into it alot and started realizing the old saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" because this game was getting excellent. But at the time the disk was very old and it kept freezing when I would try to go to the Elf village for the first time so I couldn't finish it. Then I saw Suikoden 2 at Walmart a few years back and had mom buy it on the spot. I played it and I was extremely loving it. Then when I got a PS2 and was finally able to finish Suikoden 1 I loved it even more and then downloaded data in Suikoden 2 and cherished both games dearly.

Suikoden 3 and 4... were just more lovely icing to this delicious cake to me... Since I barely have contact with JD anymore... I tresure Suikoden as a memory and thanks to introducing me to such a great game.
Lecx

Adelphos

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Back at my gradeschool days, my friends were all talking about a certain game. They we're all yapping about this suiko thingy, asking each other how to recruit him/her, how to obtain this, how to beat a certain psychotic prince. My friends drove me nuts so i asked one my lady friends if i could borrow her copy. She gave me a copy of Suikoden 2, i cant remember why she gave me 2 not 1. when i loked at the cover and saw the dozens of character i asked my friend "Which of them are the good guys and which were the baddies?" and she said "Their all good guys"
and i said "What the? are serious?!" thats when she told me about the 108 stars of destiny. My curiosity even grew larger, so when i got hope i dropped my bag, i did not do my homework and i played it. The graphics did not look good unlike the Legend of Dragoon. But still i became very addictive of Suikoden!
I became very addictive of Suikoden bec. of the unique story. The characters of Suikoden has their own personality their own strength and weakness and their own history. The game also had lots of fun and interesting side quest and i really love the HQ development. I very much like the idea of a Army Scale Battle.. Suikoden completly blew me away!
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the deep stories about war that could actually happen to us and the characters.....
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thing that got me hooked to the Suikoden series was definetly the story for S2 (first Suikoden i played) for me personally it is best storyline in any game i've played I LOVE IT :!:
Sexan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden2 intro. Man that was... :shock:
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what made me love the game was that once i had finished the game with no guides or walkthroughs, thinking i had fully completed the game, i find on the (brand new to me) Internet about saving Pahn, reviving Gremio, rune combos, etc etc giving it more life than i had asked for, and finding out about how developed these characters were from various translated information. Suikoden 2 had even more to learn about after playing it..
cathy

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What made me love suikoden was the headquarters as well as the characters. I started learning about Suikoden 2 first before others. I started Suikoden 1 later after finishing number 2. The intro scenes were awesome too. Suikoden 4's intro is my most fav. In fact, I loved Suikoden 3 and 4 the best.
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True the trailers are very interesting especially the music. It is a disappointment too they didn't make it at least an anime though games are more of a money-maker.
Ism

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the thing that made me love suikdeon was the dialogue and the setting/Characters its very well written.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The storyline and vast number of different personalities, the numerous towns you get to visit,how all 4 are connected in time i don't know how many other rpgs do that,back stories on characters and family histories, history of the countries how they got started and their historical relationships with their neighboring countries,the 27 true runes that control the games direction, 108 stars of destiny, the numerous different races so far in the series,the drama that unfolds during gameplay and waiting for the newest edition to be made and released too bad neither suikogaiden got release on this side of the pacific i don't care what style of game they were i'd play them after all they are suikoden based games that fill in gaps in the time between suikoden games anything related to this series i'd play keep making them Konami i'll keep playing them,Suikoden Rules!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slyke

~*ChildrenOfTheTempest*~

9145 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lets see..Hmm what made me love Suikoden 2?

Well lets start. In it's time of realease it was the BEST game on the market (even though it was compeeting with Xenogears and FF tactics.). The intro movie was astounding, with the intro music timed just right...The artwork in the opening movie still to this day makes me wish the the other suikodens were displayed in the same art style and fasion.

The music has to be one of the best soundtracks from a video game (up there right nest to Xenogears) and I can still to this day listen to it withought getting tired of it.

Suikoden 2 is a game even non suikoden fans can play...And most likely get them into the series. The fact that the storyline is so deep and characters are naturail and relatable make the game even more fun.

George prime, yuber, and killy are in it..thats enough for me to call the game great! :mrgreen:

The gameplay and battle system are the best of all Suikoden game (aside form suikoden 1 due to the fact that the battle system is almost the same) And the mini games are so awsome, even better then it's prodosesers S3, S4...

The setting, The city states were in my opion by far the most fun area to explor and take place in. All the different citys and areas/reagon's you can travle through and see how different people are though there location is fairly close.

-Flame on S3 and S4: There's actualy a world map!!!!11!!, The games following Suikoden 1 and 2 have no "real" world map..Selecting a city and auto travling to it isint fun..It takes all the fun out of exploring out of the game and getting to know your borders and reagon better (like in suikoden 1, and 2).

Well those are my reason's...Thank you for listening and dealing with my poor spelling and grammer.
Lai_Atreides

Sorceror's Field

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One day, when I was browsing through some games at a video rental place, I found this rpg. I loved rpgs and decided to give it a shot, even though the cover kind of put me off. After that, I continued to keep renting the game every weekend until I beat it with 108 stars (which only took 4 weekends). I loved the game. Then on a stop by at Toys-R-Us, I saw Suikoden 2 and had to have it, also got the guide with it. Since then, I've found 2 copies of Suikoden 1 and have loved the series since. My friend and I even got Gaiden, though we couldn't read a word of it except "Save" and "Load," though Suikosource helped with that problem.

I then seemed to turn into a rental place myself, letting so many people borrow my copy of 1 and 2. So I was the cause of other people's obsession. Just like a drug dealer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: