Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Sci-Fi Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Hercules and Xena i love as well and i have season 1-4 of herc and 1-3 of xena ( after the third season it sucked cause they dropped the dayhawk plotline)
granted this more into the fantasy genre but meh.

It's spelled Dahak. Just so's you know.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In regards to Sliders, I would not think it would be hard for the developers to start off fresh with a new season, and putting the original cast back together again would not really be a long shot, as it would not be too hard to explain why they are all back together again, I would list good explanations but they may spoil the storyline for people who have not seen the whole show. But in regards to Arturo, if you all recall an episode in the second season, where Arturo's double kidnaps him and takes credit for creating Sliding, the episode finishes off as if the wrong Arturo was sent along with the team...

But even still if they were desperately out of ideas (I am sure they could think of creative ideas) they could just be from alternate Earth's, though that would be very boring and pretty pathetic...But still I really liked the whole 'Kromagg' people and the plot involvement they had with Sliders. I think if this show had made a sixth season without the original crew, it would be destined to fail and lose profit, more or less what occurred with season five. I suppose this show has long finished, but with it recently coming out on DVD, and after the remaining seasons are released, I am sure it would just grow in popularity once more, and if the sales were quite great, there would at least be the slightest chance that Sliders would be revised.
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Farscape is a great show. I saw the final episode/mini-series thing and they definately left space for a spin off. I can understand it not having alot of inbetween, its an odd show. Though I myself was inbetween for along time.

I've always watched Sliders. They still have it on the Sci-fi channel in the day. That show and B5 are the shows I grew up on. I love them both so much. My family owns all of B5, but none of sliders yet.

Stargate is definately my favorite. It mixes history and sci-fi, and thats what I love about it. The characters are the best, I really enjoy the combination of Teal'c and Jack O'Neil.
Sesshomaru69

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sci fi shows suck. They are so weird why would anyone like them? Now sports man, is that a good thing to watch like the local football game or any golf torne ROCKS. but i guess X files would be my favortie sci fi show, even tho thats the only one i've ever seen. i only saw it like 2 times...

Last edited by Sesshomaru69 on Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for me, i'm not a big sci-fi geek myself. But my mom is ^_^ she watched all the Star Trek episodes when she was little, with Wiliam Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. You know which one i'm talking about. She's also into Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I have watched those as well, including Deep Space Nine, but i haven't seen Voyager, and i don't care to.

Has anyone heard of the original "Lost in Space" series? It was first in black and white, but later in color. And it took place in 1997, of all the times to choose! :lol:

But when it comes to sci-fi films, what can beat Star Wars? It's the Ewoks that made it one of the best movies ever! Go Ewoks!

I haven't watched Stargate, and i don't plan to. I wouldn't want to ruin the image of Richard Dean Anderson as anyone else than McGyver :lol:

......McGyver :lol: , i kill myself :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I watch anything that's sci-fi. Sports sucks.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What he said ^^

In the UK 4400 has just started so I'm hoping that's to my liking as the pilot looked pretty good!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speaking of SG-1, what's up with the episode schedule? I mean, it's been weeks, probably months since the last new episode was shown. I'm in the UK so I don't know, is it normal in America for shows to just vanish mid season? Anyone have any idea when the next episode's on?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ironically, yes, to the disappearing show; for some reason, producers give a half or quarter season's worth of new shows in the beginning, then repeats of the new shows, old shows, sometimes a mini marathon or some stupid special in its place, then revive with 'new episodes' to keep the fans from losing interest.

sports suck, unless they're beating the crap out of each other, then it's entertaining...

j/k

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Sesshomaru69

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sports rock! whats wrong with you guys? you guys don't like going to games and going crazy when your home team scores or wins? if anyone is in canada here. the gray cup pissed me off big time. stupid toronto....

Also whats SG-1?

McGyver rocks man!

*while we encourage people to voice their opinions, we don't want anyone 'dissing' other members because one person thinks their choice/preference for things is the ONLY choice...you have been warned, a second time*

(also, keep on topic from now on, this is about sci fi, not sports)
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SG-1 is the series spinoff of a movie called Stargate. The series is normally called Stargate SG-1. Richard Dean Anderson plays the "lead" role as Colonel Jack O'Neil.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sesshomaru69 wrote:
if anyone is in canada here. the gray cup pissed me off big time. stupid toronto....

Sounds like a typical Vancouver comment, though we don't need the Grey Cup results to utter those words. It's enough just to utter those words. :wink: For me, I'm just a little sad there won't be any hockey this year, though I won't give it a second glance (or even a first, for that matter) if the NHL decides to go with replacement players next season.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."

Last edited by Elc on Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sesshomaru69

3000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here I wish Hockey was here.. Stupid Players Assocation

*This topic is about Sci-fi, so stay on topic*
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In regards to Stargate SG1, I am glad to read that their is most definitely going to be a season 9, as it was speculated about for quite some time that it would be canned after season 8. You can read about it here for anyone who is interested:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/11/scifirenewsisg-1iiatlantis.shtml

I for one am glad that at last there is reliable details about this show being renewed for another series. It would be a shame if Richard Dean Anderson (Jack O'Neil) does not appear in a few of the episodes as he may become a recurring character, although it is better than nothing. The same goes for Amanda Tapping, though even if these two key characters are not present in many of the episodes, I am sure they will appear in the more important episodes, like the ones in the beginning and the final few episodes.

Still it is good news that the show will not end after season 8, and also good that Stargate: Atlantis shall continue into its second season. I have not actually watched any of Atlantis, though I am glad the show is getting good ratings, as by the time it comes out in Australia, I could probably just buy it on DVD...Ad free...that's the way to go.
Satyr2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Atlantis is good too, but its no where near as exciting as SG-1. The characters are cool though, just as lovable as Teal'c and O'Neil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: