Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yet another FF7 Spin off revealed
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Yet another FF7 Spin off revealed Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Squenix has revealed yet another FF7 spin off. This time it's called Crisis Core, and it's an action RPG for PSP, to be released on 2006.

Gamespot Info
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/27/news_6111574.html

Squenix's teaser page
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/games/psp/ccff7/

How longer can they continue to milk the cow before it goes dry and die an agonizing death?

(Note: Since it's a new game, i posted this in a separate thread from the other FF7 spin off thread i made some time ago. If mods think they should go in the same thread, close this one and put a link in the other one, or do something along these lines. Thank you)

All the way to the edge of this world
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Sigh* K, people did want some sort of continuation from the origional FFVII game, but this is getting rediculous! How many spin-offs will they make of a game before they realized they killed it?

Last edited by Esra on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, they really are doing it in alphabetical order.

FFVII: AC -Advent Children
FFVII: BC - Before Crisis
FFVII: CC - Crisis Core
FFVII: DC - Dirge of Cerberus

Please for the love of God, don't make this a 26 series from AC to ZC. Pleaseeeee

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Please for the love of God, don't make this a 26 series from AC to ZC. Pleaseeeee

Good catch! :lol:
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what the hell? man the're crazy. I guess FF7 was such a sucess that they fell they can use it as a safty cushion of shorts when things get rought. Think the'd take the chance and do somthing more crazy like release and prehaps fix/rebuff games like the Romancing Saga and Seiken Densetsu 3. or anything else.

i mean, if there are erroers in plot or somthing nows the time to give it new life.

unless the "yeah more FF7's!!!" outweighs the "OMG! ruINsane? why why why!" people.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could use that strategy used from those eco-people, like don't buy Real fur, or don't buy products from those polluting companies. Maybe if we don't buy those Spin offs, Squenix will get the message.

But i really want to take a look at Advent's Children.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, so far only Advent Children interests me. The others don't interest me at all.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Urf.... again? Man, leave it alone. --;
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I never got so psyched about Final Fantasy 7, I mean the story was okay I guess. the gameplay was good, as well as the materia system which I enjoyed cheating through he he. But even still I could not stand the graphics for most of the game, it was one of those situations where they tried too hard to make the graphics look good, but instead made it look worse IMO, do not be offended if there are any insane flaming fanboys out there, though I doubt there would be... Anyhow so all of the new Final Fantasy Spin off games do not really intrique me or make me excited that one day they will be released, however I will watch Final Fantasy Advent Children because it creates little effort when watching a movie...

Anyhow, here are a few of the even newer Final Fantasy Spin off movie/games that will be one day released. And feel free to add others if you can think of any. He he this can only be fun...

- Extermination of Creation (This should be fun)
- Fumigation of Cloud's home (Even more fun here, this would be a game where you have to fumigate Clouds home and you play as bug catchers, who coincidently used to be former Square employees. Anyway, this game is 300 hours long and you never leave Clouds house. There will also one day be an expansion pack for this game, and a mini series to be released soon after. It is gassing time!
- Generation of Cleaver (Movie- Quite violent and will one day spawn Final Fantasy 13,14,15,16 and many years later Final Fantasy 19...
- Highway to Cell (A new hell is created where coporate Square-Enix developers are tormented day in day out for making numerous Final Fantasy 7 Spin offs...)
- Interrigation of Cerberus (Prequel and Sequel of Final Fantasy: Dirge of Cerberus all on one disc!)

Ha ha, they will soon be released in a theatre, gameing house near you! So once again feel free to add more, and from here on do one or two so other people can add there own Final Fantasy SPin off. Sorry, I know I am one to talk be doing Five FF 7 Spinoffs in one post with only small desriptions, but it was just to get the ball rolling and give you an idea of my joke. Maybe I will explain more into the origins of my E-I Final Fantasy 7 spin off titles and give longer descriptions into them...
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the one that they were making that was starring Vincent looked pretty good. Other then that one and Advent Children, they really are killin' the series badly.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:

You just said what the 534 members of this forum think... I wish Square-Enix heard you Bugg... The only problem is that as long as there is a Cloud Fanboy or Aeris "revival" junkye out there, we will be seeing more and more and more Final Fantasy 7 editions, I personally ended up hating the saga...

I bet 20 bucks they will permit reviving Aeris on this game, they just don`t care about keeping the story as it is.
They will squeeze and squeeze until it blows the hell up.
Man I hate Square-Enix... :x
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And yet we'll probably never know what happens totally to Shadow after Final Fantasy VI.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To tell you the truth I have pretty much ignored any spin-offs from FF7. They don't really hold any huge interest for me as I am not really bothered one way or the other about the characters from it.
Quote:

I bet 20 bucks they will permit reviving Aeris on this game, they just don`t care about keeping the story as it is.

That's one bet I won't take!!

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And yet we'll probably never know what happens totally to Shadow after Final Fantasy VI

Hahaha....so true!

But man, Square, if you can hear our cries, then maybe you should stop reading these forum posts and stop creating Final Fantasy spin-offs!

Oh and Bugg
Quote:
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII [working title]

So hopefully, it might skip the CC and be done with it...but I really do doubt it. They'll probably change the name to Chrono Crisis and forget all about the barriers of other games and logic to create the ultimate abomination.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems like the concept and success of Final Fantasy X-2 really opened up a can of worms. I seem to remember Final Fantasy fans thinking if Square-Enix could create a direct sequel to Final Fantasy X, then they could do the same with other Final Fantasy games, and I believe Final Fantasy VII was one such game mentioned.

It reminds me of the saying "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." I may check out Advent Children, but due to it being just a CGI movie instead of an actual Final Fantasy "game," it may just be a rental for me.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: