Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what console will future suikodens be on?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: what console will future suikodens be on? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One would assume the PS3, but in which case might suck, because I might not want to purchase one. what do you think? should they switch to the wii, or perhaps the 360 even?! (I doubt that)
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, if the PS3 flops and Konami wants high sales, they'll put it on Wii. X-Box isn't very popular in Japan so moving to Microsoft would screw them over.

But I wouldn't my breath. It'll be on PS3.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep, Suikoden in 360 is impossible. Wii...maybe.
I would still go for PS3 (and hope it wouldn't suck :cry: )

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say that there are going to be 3-5 series of Suikoden in PS3 and then they will make the PS4 if possible and so on XD
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PS3 seems the most likely considering Konami's current support. The Wii would be a nice secondary choice, however. Maybe I'm just saying that because the Wii will probably be much closer to my price range, but I can think of a few minigames which would benefit from the Wiimote. Fishing, anyone?
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I doubt that they will switch console just to make a few fun mini-games.

Most likely it will be the PS3, Konami is a Japanese and it caters mainly for that market and the Playstation is the biggest console there.

I it had to change then it would be to the Wii, there just isn't enough support for the 360 in japan for them to consider a move unless Microsoft made it worth their while with some sort of exclusive contract.
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much as I would want future Suikodens to be in the PS2, the chances are very slim. The system is slowly dying with the rise of the next-gen consoles.

As to what console they would be on, I'll have to say they are going to be in the PS3. The series has started on Sony and I think Suikoden is not too popular enough to go multi-platform.

I'll have to start saving money soon if I want to play more Suikoden games.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm hoping PS3. For one I'm not planning on getting a Wii or a 360 and if it was on the Wii the graphics would likely be worse than if it was on PS3.

The price for the PS3 is quite large, but it'll come down fairly quickly and considering the amount of use people will get out of it it's not too hard to save some money.
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll go wherever it takes me. if it means I have to buy a wii, then sure, i'll get it. I would rather it be released on more platforms though personally. more exposure, more fans, and it doesn't matter what system you bought, we still can play our favorite, or one of our favorite series right?
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pokey Apples wrote:
I'll go wherever it takes me. if it means I have to buy a wii, then sure, i'll get it. I would rather it be released on more platforms though personally. more exposure, more fans, and it doesn't matter what system you bought, we still can play our favorite, or one of our favorite series right?

I don't see too many multi-platform games doing tremendously well. In fact, I don't even OWN any multi-platform games.

As it was said several times before, theres no chance of it going to the X-Box. I don't see it going to the Wii either. The PS3 is the local RPG system, and unless Sony actually goes bankrupt, I highly doubt they'll go elsewhere.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would buy three PS3's if I had to, to play Suikoden VI. But that's not a good reason to spent $1800 at all :p

I hope it's on the PS3, since I'll eventually get one and skip the 360. I don't support Xbox for any reason besides about three great games. I'll buy a PS3 because I know that I'll at least enjoy the games.

Anyway, it'd be good if VI was on multiple platforms, just so more people could play it. V was underplayed and underappreciated.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm gonna have to throw my support behind it staying with the horse it rode in on. Sony has always been the platform for Suikoden, and I don't like change. Stick with the PS3, which despite the complaints isn't that expensive and I'll be happy.

~Uguu!~
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sailor Sexy wrote:
I'm gonna have to throw my support behind it staying with the horse it rode in on. Sony has always been the platform for Suikoden, and I don't like change. Stick with the PS3, which despite the complaints isn't that expensive and I'll be happy.

Well, for you and I and probably the older gamers, the PS3's price is not that expensive, but I think for a majority of casual gamers that price will make them hesitate from buying one right away. Either way, Suikoden VI coming to the PS3 is one of the few reasons why I am even getting the PS3grilling machine.

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Honestly, I wouldn't really care.
I liked the Sony console since they were easier for me to handle the controls. Although, we'll see how PS3 is.
Unless Suikoden VI comes out next year, I think I'll wait on the PS3. Maybe in a year after it's released so I have more then enough time to think about it, and learn about any bugs or problems people experience. The price will eventually go down, and there aren't really any games I want on it right now. Maybe FF13 when it comes out, but I can wait on a Final Fantasy.
The Wii would be a good second choice for Suikoden, but remember, this may upset some of the fans. So any Suikoden fan who buys the PS3 first, thinking it'll get the next Suikoden games may be upset to the change of platforms. Although, if no one is buying the PS3 then I don't think this will be an issue.
If you're not keen on the PS3, I would wait a while until Suikoden VI is announced, to make your decision. Considering there has been no announcements yet, I figure you can wait at least a year or longer to buy a PS3, just for the Suikoden game that comes out.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dragonstar13 wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't really care.
I liked the Sony console since they were easier for me to handle the controls. Although, we'll see how PS3 is.
Unless Suikoden VI comes out next year, I think I'll wait on the PS3. Maybe in a year after it's released so I have more then enough time to think about it, and learn about any bugs or problems people experience. The price will eventually go down, and there aren't really any games I want on it right now. Maybe FF13 when it comes out, but I can wait on a Final Fantasy.
The Wii would be a good second choice for Suikoden, but remember, this may upset some of the fans. So any Suikoden fan who buys the PS3 first, thinking it'll get the next Suikoden games may be upset to the change of platforms. Although, if no one is buying the PS3 then I don't think this will be an issue.
If you're not keen on the PS3, I would wait a while until Suikoden VI is announced, to make your decision. Considering there has been no announcements yet, I figure you can wait at least a year or longer to buy a PS3, just for the Suikoden game that comes out.

Not just for that - the price will undoubtedly come bown by the end of the first quarter 2007.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: