Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New GTA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did not know about that, but it is rather convenient that I purchased a new V10 PS2 a month or so ago. Lucky me then... Actually that is very good and now I am happy I got the new version PS2 so it will fix problems such as which you speak.
My last PS2 version was like V2 or probably V3. Either way a very old version which did suffer frequent problems with the odd game here and there.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eep! I'm so so sorry about the double posting! It was an accident! The stupid computer pulled a "Connection Timed Out" on me while submitting my reply. I tried deleting my first post, since the "Delete" button with Chibi Viktor was not on the second, But it said that i can't delete a post that has been replied to, which i believe was my second post.

I want to do the right thing and take it off, but i just can't. Sorry for the waste of space. :(

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, this game is absolutely amazing. I'm getting more than my money's worth and then some. Although I could have done without the Dance Dance Revolution style hard mission with the hydraulic cars. (Arrows correspond to the right analog stick)

For those who are worried about the "chore" of maintaning CJ's health, let me lay your worries to rest. I recently buffed up CJ's muscle and stamina to the max. Despite the fact that muscle eventually deteriorates in the game if you don't work out, 12 game days have already passed in my game file, and I haven't had to go back to the gym yet. It must be the running. Also, everytime you save at your house, you automatically eat and replenish energy. The food joints are only if you need health/food during the missions itself.

There's quite a big number of profanity in this game though. Compared to this game, Vice City and GTA3 were nursery rhymes. It doesn't bother me at all, but it's just a warning for those who may take offense to it.

As for minigames/sidequests, there's basketball (only shootout), pool (billiards), video poker, black jack, driver school, girlfriends, (all 6 of them), customizing your own cars, train delivery, among many others. You will be busy for quite some time.

The game is definately worth renting, if not buying.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well now you have got me all excited about San Andres, and I am jealous that you have it...(Well, I will live ha ha). I just found out that my copy of the new GTA only shipped like yesterday or something so I will have to wait until at least next week sometime, most likely (to my annoyance) near the end of that week. That really sucks... Well I can get it together and wait a few more days I suppose.

I am sure I will not be TOO offended by the numerous profanities throughout GTA San Andreas, Ha I say bring it on that just adds to the already great humor of the Grand Theft Auto games so I won't mind. I like playing Black Jack, that is a very nice short and sweet card game. I am not into the really long card games so I love playing Black Jack. I am sure the other minigames will be enjoyable too.

I think it is good that you are liking Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Ced The Lad, so now I am just that more eager to play it.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Laughs* Ced The Lad, don't forget to come back every now and again to give us some non-spoiler updates!!

Enjoy yourself!

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uagh!!! I want to play it!!!

TT_TT someone please let me borrow your game... maybe I should try to find the emulator for it...
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would not like your chances of being able to emulate Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Baka no fool...I mean that would take so long and not really be worth it in the end, and it would be wrong...Nah it would not bother me, I am not that sort of person ha ha. Oh well at least there are still others like me itching to play this game...

And yeah go ahead and post more updates Ced The Lad, but from here on who ever reads the updates I would think there would be many spoilers ahead... I sort of do not want to find out myself, but my instincts compell me to read on and find out...Oh well.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it's alright. I promise not to post anything related to a spoiler. It would ruin the experience of the game for you all, and that's something I don't want to do.

Let me comment on the targeting system though. For those who played Manhunt, you pretty much know all the specifics of the tageting. When I played for the first time, I was just mashing buttons because I had no idea how the system worked. When I passed the controller on to a friend that played Manhunt, he immediately amazed me as he tiptoed up to an unsuspecting gangster, and stabbed his neck. As far as I know (with the weapons availiable to me at this stage of the game), the knife is the only weapon that is able to do Manhunt's stealth kill. I tried doing it with the bat, and I ended up getting shot by the cop for my trouble.

Oh and about the law inforcement, themselves. The cops' uniforms are tricky. Playing the game for the first time, when I saw them from the back, they looked like businessmen. Imagine my surprise when I decided to punch one of them for the sake of exploration. Sirens begin to blare, and his colleagues followed me throughout Los Santos until I died falling of a really big cliff. But perhaps the best thing about the law inforcement is the fact that they chase other shady people, as well. In GTA3, they only focused on you, and in Vice City, they chased other people but gave up as soon as they saw you causing trouble. Here in San Andreas, they go after anyone causing trouble. I was sadly killed when I got caught in the middle of a high speed chase. As soon as I got out of the car, the cop car ran into me and boom, "Wasted". And I was going to buy some food to get my health back too.

A little bit about the clothing too. Obviously, if you wear your colors in enemy turf, they will go after you, but take care not to follow the same fate with your own boys. Don't wear rival gang colors around them unless you're itching for a fight. There are even some clothes that everyone hates.

Finally, regarding the interaction between CJ and the pedestrians, I don't see any real affect when you give them a positive or negative response. The only difference is when a rival gang member talks down to you and you have a choice to respond negatively or positively. (A rare "ask questions first and shoot later" moment). Regardless of what you say back to them, they will shoot you anyway.

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my god....

Talking about GTA and emulator/roms....

Go to http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/20/news_6111057.html

*Sigh*
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I heard about GTA San Andeas being 'leaked' about a week ago as well. Stuff like that always happens in the gaming industry. I want to find a copy of Halo 2 now...guess I can wait a bit longer for that as well though.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate 'demise' Ced The Lad, I held a brief but meaningful toast towards your remains... Ha ha, I like hearing about other people's adventure through the Grand Theft Auto games. One such incident occurred to me when playing GTA Vice City. I drove along a long path to gather incredible speed, and went over a nice jump (one of those ones where it goes into slow motion), and when I was half way up into the air and all that was below me was a water way, I decided to commit 'suicide' and jump out midway in the air. To my weird surprise the game glitched (how strange LOL) and I found myself not plummeting to my watery doom/grave, but however the car was still sort of stuck in slow motion, so it was still stuck in the air, while the gameplay had returned to normal, so my car was literally floating high up in the air.

I could freely move around and such, but I tried for a leap of faith, and I did not have enough of a run off so I did not make it safely to a piece of land, and of coarse drowned. It was pretty amazing nonetheless and my brother was around at the time so he found it quite funny as well. Hope you all liked that story... You can find alot of strange glitches in the Grand Theft Auto games, and if anyone comes up with any such stories feel absolutly free to add them here.

Oh, and in this situation, my car was not still moving slowly in the air, it came to a complete stop and was floating there...Other cars in the distance were seen driving so the game had reutned to normal...except the car stuck in midair.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i know my father will want it
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually finally got this game a couple of days ago, and I am loving it so far. I have not played that much of it though, but I have had a few good times thus far. From what I have play I will sum up what I think of each aspect:

Missions: Well thought out, and varied. There are some very good cutscenes in between each mission before/during/after etc, so that makes it pretty fun. And yes there is alot of explicit language and the like, but that would be expected in this sort of game and the people that surround San Andreas...not that it is a bad thing, I think it brings the humor level up way high. Though some of the missions can be very hard, like when you are being chased by an enemy gang, and they do drive-by's while you try to escape. Crazy. So considering some of the earlier missions can be quite hard, I can only imagine how difficult they will be further on in the game.

Graphics: To me they do not really look any better then the graphics that were in GTA Vice City, so they are not really improved IMO. Not that it matters because Vice Cities graphics were quite good, but they basically are on the same level. It is good that the draw in distance (cars driving/people walking in the distance) can be seen from far away, so the streets don't look invisible from a high rooftop and the like. Good? Yes. Improved? Only slightly IMO.

Cars/Transportation: I love how you can now ride bikes in this game (push bikes, not motorbikes) and do bunnyhops and some basic tricks. And the bike can go pretty fast if you make it, and there are even a few half pipes to ride on and try your luck with tricks, I even tried to ride my car on this half pipe, though it was too big and flipped...Oh well. There are a nice variety of sweet looking and fast cars in San Andreas so I am impressed once again in the car selection offered to you.

I really enjoyed the fact that when you speed up in some cars (like the race cars) and get enough run off that automatically NOS (Nitro Oxide Systems) is set off and the screen goes blurry and your car's speed increases quite significantly, and if you go off a jump you pretty much fly in the air for awhile. This is even better when you try it on the good motorbikes. I haven't seen much of the boats yet, but their are some nice bigs ones that you can 'boorow' in the surrounding waters. Same goes for the helicopters/planes, I have yet to test them out, but once again the variety here is nice. You can even get a jetpack in this game so that will help out quite a bit.

Gameplay: It is good that Rockstar once again improved the overall gameplay of the GTA franchise. Cops are now more active and can be seen chasing numerous drug dealers and drive-by asailants down the street but for some reason if you help them out they will then chase after you so that sucks as you would get rewards in Vice City for helping out so I don't know what's going on there...One time when I was walking around at night, this guy was selling drugs and I stood by and watched, and moments later a cop chased him and beat him to death...and then I helped myself to his money.

Many of the gangs in this game hate you, and walking the streets is very dangerous in the early parts of San Andreas. All I did once was walk up to this groups of homies and stood there for about a minute. They said things like "What are you doing around here boy?" "Get the hell out of here!" Then soon after they would pull out there guns and kill me...just for hanging around their turf. There are some damn crazy and violent gangs in this game, so it is advisable to watch yourself in the mean streets of SA. One more thing, When you earn respect, you can have your own gang. When you walk up to certain people, pull a gun on them and press the 'Up' button, they will join you and walk around with you. When you get more respect you can have dozens of your homies walk around and protect you. And if you take them in a car they will gun down your enemies and cops that try to shoot you. I love having my boy's come on a mish you me and slaughter any clowns that try to fight me. It makes you feel so good and safe. Yeah, nice work once again Rockstar.

Oh and I forgot, going to the gym and increasing you muscle every day makes you so strong, and you can eventually take down people in a fight with just a few hits. And having to eat so you don't get fat/skinny can be quite annoying and I don't think it was an important factor that should have been added to this game. Cheats can by-pass this problem, but not everyone can do this. Anyhow, some people may enjoy this 'RPG' element of customizing your character.

That is about it for now, and everynow and then I will add some stories that I have encountered in my GTA San Andreas experience. And if anyone else has stuff to add go ahead, especially when it comes to strange glitches. I love hearing about the weird things people encounter in these games.

On that note, one time I enabled a certain cheat, and when I went in the water, and tried to sprint swim in it I was litterally running on the water, and this was uncontrollable and when I got to the other side a the river I could not move and was stuck. Weird nonetheless... Oh and I forgot to say this above...you can finally swim in this game and not drown by falling in! At last, I had been waiting for this faeture for a LONG time. You can still down if submerged in the water for too long and you run out of oxygen, or if you crash into the water with your car and don not get out as it floods...
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's face it, it will be great.
Even thiugh it already brought some racial stuff at my school and the board. About CJ being black and how the white cops doing racial profiling and some stupid stuff. How some people say I hate rap and starting fights and lame crap at my school.
The music
Swimming
Skills
The enviroment
Girlfriends
Pimping and robbing extras
2 player
Weapons Cars
and lots more
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know, you really don't have to eat a lot in this game at all. I don't know why people complained about it. You only need just a small portion of fat because you run around a lot and naturally lose fat. If you don't have any fat, you lose muscle instead. Now you tell me what's worse in this game, losing muscle or fat? Just eat maybe 4 or 5 of the biggest meals every time you see your fat bar down to a minimum. That should last you a while.

I really like the radio stations. They fit the theme perfectly. But perhaps the greatest of them all is the talk show/news radio station WCTR. You start off with 2 shows in the beginning of the game that get kind of boring because they keep repeating it. But as you progress through the story, the news portion of the radio updates the listeners on events that happened during the main storyline thanks to CJ and friends. Even better, the old news doesn't repeat itself so it doesn't sound repetitive. Also, more talk shows are unlocked once you progress through the main game. The reason they become unlocked is because you will meet and know some of the guests, so you have the "Hey, I know that guy" type of feeling. Also, current events only revolve around Los Santos in the beginning, but as you keep going , San Fierro, Las Venturas, Angel Pine, Blueberry, and the rest of the towns will be mentioned as well. (provided that something big happened there)

Fighting melee style gets more useless and useless as the game goes on, because your enemies are packing heat. And I'm talking serious heat. I tried to parachute into an army base and I was killed before I hit the ground, with a missle. Before that happened, my private jet was shot by another missle. I didn't know it was restricted airspace.

The missions are perfect, if you ask me. I already see the variety of the missions since I'm in Las Venturas already. Fans of Vice City and GTA3 can rest easy. Los Santos has the gangster missions, San Fierro has the drug missions, and Las Venturas has the mafia style missions. Then there's the odd jobs, checkpoint races, girlfriends, vigilate, taxi driver, car exporting, street racing, gambling, pool, basketball shoot-around, courier missions, vallet parking, pilot school, and much more to name.

My only complaint, gangsters and the cops aren't very nice. But hey, you get them back in the end.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I think I might go play this game now...wait no, then I would have to set up my PS2 with the cords and everything... I can't be bothered, oh well. Another good cheat I enabled the other day was a 'Triple Jump' cheat, is was soo much fun to have it enabled, when you jump in the air you go quite high up, and when you hit the ground you hurt yourself because of the fall, but it makes it easy to jump on top of roofs and the like.

Another cool thing about this feature, is when you get on a pushbike, and do a bunnyhop you jump even further for obvious reasons, and if you get a good run off and hold down the bunnyhop button, you go so high into the air, though since you are on a bike you get no damage to your health, and it is fun to get the cops after you and just keep jumping into the sky and avoiding their bullets... Though this glitches GTA SA so bad, like the cars in the streets vibrate heaps and go a lot faster, and when you run into the water it stuffs up.

Oh and another crazy thing about this is the instant you hop onto a pushbike, it speeds up Ten metres down the road...I usually don't crash or fall off but it is weird. I don't play the actual missions with this code as it may stuff up during a hard mission and make me have to start over again, it is just fun to free roam with it enabled, and my friends get a good laugh at watching the Triple Jump in action and the many glitches it creates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: