Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New GTA
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: New GTA Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well considering the new Grand Theft Auto is almost upon us, who is going to get it or has liked the previous GTA's? I like The first Grand Theft Auto and the second one back on the psx but the graphics in that left a LOT to be desired. So when GTA 3 came out I loved it beyond relief and it was the game I played pretty much everyday after school with my mates.

Now when the GTA Vice City came out, I was more or less impressed. Greater Visuals, yeah, more varied missions, yeah, helicopters, YEAH, but still some of it was just not the right feel in comparison to Grand Theft Auto 3. Still I thought they were both great because of the freedom you had and the great potential of things you could do, providing almost limitless play for hours on end.

And now the New Grand Theft Auto, GTA: San Andreas will be released tomorrow (US) and in Australia (where I live) closer to the end of the month, I am getting it shipped from the UK so nothing will be cut out (stupid Australian Censorship Board). So now this game has even more features so I think this game could even beat GTA 3 in how good it may be.

Back to what I was saying before, GTA 3 was so great when I first got it. So of coarse I overplayed it. Now when I had had enough, I waited for GTA Vice City. And Rockstar did not really take that long to release it so that part was okay. But considering they released it so soon, it was obviously rushed in parts, so that could explain some of the problems I had with it.

But now, Rockstar have taken their time with GTA San Andreas, so it could not have really been rushed. I imagine it will be great in my opinion. I am looking forward to building and running a mighty gang, and walking down the street with my 'posse' and seeing hundreds of enemy gang members rushing me from all sides of the screen, and my own men come rushing to my aid as we pull out weapons of mass destruction and have all out war, until the cops rock up and even more so it would be way more fun...

I have now also learned that pirates who already got a copy of GTA San Andreas have full proof (it takes some looking around) that this new game also has a hidden Two Player Mode! Can you all imagine how good that will be? All these years I have dreamed of a GTA that had a built in 2 player mode because it just creates even more fun things you can do. Say you pick up a nice Ute, have your friend driving it, and you are in the back shooting down enemies and then the cops come and you just roll out the grenades as their cars chase you and boom! I think it will be great.

The only thing is that in this Two player mode, it is basically an extra feature, not an integral part of the game so the things you can do are limited. For one thing you cannot engage in gameplay missions together (that would suck) but nonetheless it is way better than nothing. You can also play pool with a friend in Two player so that is also cool I quess. I have seen a few movies of this and other pictures so it is more or less true. So I say bring it on! What are other peoples views on this game?

Oh and you can also play a parashuteing min game or something like that so....cool. Um, yeah that sounds like the best thing ever! LOL.
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah Gta ROCKS!!!

Even though it actually created some negative opinion and impact on the game world and real world...

Anyway, I heard that Gta san andreas would be added one special and weird features which is...

HUNGER!!!!

If you eat too much, you will be fat.... If you eat too little you will be too thin!

If you fat, you would be slow when running away or fighting and it will be easier for you to get tired ^_^a BUT if you are TOO thin, you will be very weak during the fight againts another gang member and besides, your Fatness or thinness, affect your FAME! Can YOU believe that?

Oh btw, you can choose not to eat but you will be weak and easier to go into hospital or so I heard/read ^^

Later pal!

Ah....Please tell me about the game since I am still considering whther I should buy or not ( Parents doesnt allow but I could play a few strings and my friend would get it for me :p)
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never really got into GTA 1 or 2 although I loved GTA 3 and played it for a loonnngg time. When Vice City came out I was looking forward to it but to my horror I found that I lost interest in it about 3/4s of the way through (I still haven't summoned the energy to finish it).

San Andreas? Although I'm sure it will be great I can't really say that I have any huge wish to want to play it.....

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

GTA San Andreas is a bit of a tricky game IMO. On one side, yes it's great to have a game like that with such complexity (hunger, health, exercise, appearance, etc). But on the other hand, the complexity could be an annoying thing that would be treated as a "chore" to do just to enjoy the game (obviously you wouldn't be able to do really well if your character is fat and easily tired). So indirectly, we're sort of forced to take care of our character just to be able to finish the game.

But having said that, I'm probably thrilled enough with the prospect of playing as a fat thug-wannabe dude who would get tired after a few steps of running. More for entertainment than to finish the game.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't wait for San Andreas it is going to redefine the GTA genre.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The negative impact it has is merely a matter of perspective. I swear, there are going to be people that say that the point of the game is just to kill people with no reason. Those are the uneducated ones. But anyway, I'll save that ranting for another day.

Rockstar has always impressed me from day 1. I have no idea why I even picked up Grand Theft Auto 3 the first time it came out. Back then, you didn't need to reserve it because no one heard of it. When I took it home, I immediately fell for the game. When I was able to steal a car, that totaly got me hooked. Nowadays, you can't even get the game unless you reserve it. Either that or waste time until it inevitably becomes one of the best-sellers.

San Andreas is more than a regular Grand Theft Auto game. It's practically a glorified Sim City rated X within itself. People already mentioned the eating, exercise, dojo's and the like. But as we recently forund out, there are over 40,000 lines of dialouge in this game. That's only Cj's numbers too. We can now also respond to pedestrians, gangsters, and everyone else using the d-pad. Try giving someone with a weapon a negative response and see what happens.

I'm really looking forward to the AI on this game. People are going to be more difficult to maim, steal cars from, and fight better. (sorry, cops included) But this will do wonders when you recruit people to help you during missions. We got gipped in Vice City, when your thugs only appeared AFTER you got 100% completion bonus. Now it'll be different. The only thing missing is a two-player mode to help CJ do his business.

There is just one thing I'd like to change about the game, but it can't be helped. If I had to choose between Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas' missions, I'd pick GTA3. The mobster scene is just so mysterious to me. The Drug-centered missions in Vice City and the Gangster warfare-missions in San Andreas seem a bit stale. But I'm sure that San Andreas will top the last two quite easilly.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The negative impact it has is merely a matter of perspective. I swear, there are going to be people that say that the point of the game is just to kill people with no reason. Those are the uneducated ones. But anyway, I'll save that ranting for another day.

Rockstar has always impressed me from day 1. I have no idea why I even picked up Grand Theft Auto 3 the first time it came out. Back then, you didn't need to reserve it because no one heard of it. When I took it home, I immediately fell for the game. When I was able to steal a car, that totaly got me hooked. Nowadays, you can't even get the game unless you reserve it. Either that or waste time until it inevitably becomes one of the best-sellers.

San Andreas is more than a regular Grand Theft Auto game. It's practically a glorified Sim City rated X within itself. People already mentioned the eating, exercise, dojo's and the like. But as we recently forund out, there are over 40,000 lines of dialouge in this game. That's only Cj's numbers too. We can now also respond to pedestrians, gangsters, and everyone else using the d-pad. Try giving someone with a weapon a negative response and see what happens.

I'm really looking forward to the AI on this game. People are going to be more difficult to maim, steal cars from, and fight better. (sorry, cops included) But this will do wonders when you recruit people to help you during missions. We got gipped in Vice City, when your thugs only appeared AFTER you got 100% completion bonus. Now it'll be different. The only thing missing is a two-player mode to help CJ do his business.

There is just one thing I'd like to change about the game, but it can't be helped. If I had to choose between Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, and San Andreas' missions, I'd pick GTA3. The mobster scene is just so mysterious to me. The Drug-centered missions in Vice City and the Gangster warfare-missions in San Andreas seem a bit stale. But I'm sure that San Andreas will top the last two quite easilly.

Edit: I didn't notice that till now. I had a weird Php error that said "email cannot be sent" or something along the lines of that. Oddly enough I can't delete it. Can one of the mods please do so?

Last edited by Cedric on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
I can't wait for San Andreas it is going to redefine the GTA genre.

A rehash can't redefine anything. It can only tack on new gimmicks.

...And why you waited a few minutes before posting that two more times is beyond me. *deletes*
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only GTA games I've played are GTA3 and Vice City. I thought GTA3 was pretty fun, to my surprise. I didn't think I would like it. I didn't really care much for Vice City though. I don't think it was necesarily the game that I didn't like. I just got a little bored with the whole concept of the games.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Check out the casting call for this game. Frome Gamespot.com

Quote:
However, while San Andreas' lead will be played by a relative unknown, its voice cast is bursting with famous Hollywood and hip-hop talent. At the top of that list is Samuel L. Jackson, who will portray Officer Tenpenny, the corrupt Los Santos police officer who sets the game's criminal events in motion. Playing his partner will be Chris Penn, brother of Sean Penn and star of Reservoir Dogs.

Another actor with major star wattage is James Woods, whose role in the game is best left undefined for spoilers' sake. However, it will come as no surprise that Easy Rider star Peter Fonda plays a whacked out hippie or Ice-T plays a ruthless rap mogul. Another strokes of master casting are Mr. Show's David Cross as a nebbish science geek and Shaun Ryder, infamous lead singer of the Happy Mondays, as Maccer, former member of a Manchester techno group.

San Andreas also sports a solid roster of character actors. Heat's William Fichtner reprises is role from Vice City as the cocaine-addled lawyer Ken Rosenberg, while Debi Mazar plays a character named "Maria," although it's unclear if it is the same Maria she voiced in Grand Theft Auto III. Other notables are Traffic's Clifton Collins Jr., Black and Whites Bijou Phillips, Young Guns' Casey Siemaszko, and The Big Hit's China Chow. And although, contrary to rumors, Dave Chapelle will not appear in the game, his Chappelle's Show co-star Charlie Murphy will provide some comic relief.

The game also features many actors who appeared in early 1990s 'hood movies which inspired the game. CJ's brother is played by Faizon Love, the portly comedian who starred in the gangsta parody Fear of a Black Hat. Two Menace II Society cast members also appear: Clifton Powell plays CJ's buddy Smoke, while Eazy-E lookalike Ryder is voiced by gangster rapper MC Eiht.

Speaking of rap, several hip-hop artists also voice characters in San Andreas. Besides Ice-T, 50 Cent cohort The Game plays one of CJ's enemies, while Yo-Yo plays CJ's sister, Kendl. Chicano rapper Kid Frost also appears, as does Los Angeles hip-hop radio personality Big Boy.

Ironically, some of the most famous voice talent in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas appear as the DJs of the game's various radio stations. The Funktipus, DJ of funk station Bounce FM, will be voiced by none other than Parliament and Funkadelic founder George Clinton. Playback FM, the classic hip-hop station, will see its DJ, Forth Right MC, played Public Enemy frontman Chuck D. Reggae station K-Jah West will be hosted by dancehall stars Sly and Robbie, and Andy Dick will appear on West Coast Talk Radio. Last but not certainly least, Tommy "The Nightmare" Smith, the DJ of rock station K-DST "The Dust," will be voice by none other than W. Axl Rose of Guns-'n'-Roses fame.

So now we know a couple of the voices as well as some of the radio-stations. I can't wait to play this game tomorrow.

Edit: Misquotes[/quote]

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I am getting the new GTA today. In fact my brother is out getting it right now. He left a little while ago. I have high hopes for this game, and I hope it is very fun.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only played GTA2 and GTA: Vice City. I have finished neither. I know that it's a fun game and has lots of challenges. The best part being the tanks and the other big toys. I had only a brief glance at GTA3 from a classmate's laptop.

I don't know about GTA, but GTA2 was interesting for the fact that there were the Zaibatsu (Mishima Zaibatsu, anyone?) and the Yakuza. The others factions, like those loons and rednecks were not very appealing. The radio was not that interesting.

I loved GTA: Vice City. It was lots of fun and i liked the map. I have visited the US, and i only have been to Florida, That is, i was staying with a cousin of my dad in Miami, went to Orlando to see Disneyland and went to the Kennedy Space Center. I thought Miami would be hot. I guess i must have been in the wrong places, since the only chick i saw there was a fat chick at the beach whaling on top of a skinny dude....

Anyways, I loved the radio there. My favorite stations were VCPR's "Pressing the Issues with Maurice Chavez", and the KCL's radio show with the ditzy chick, what's-her-face...i believe it was Amy. Yes, those two shows rocked! I would spend time in the parking lot or cruising listening to those two stations. The missions were okay. But why i had to have a katana in one, i have no idea...

Am i excited to get GTA: San Andreas? Not too much. I can wait. I'd probably be looking it over someone's shoulder.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have only played GTA2 and GTA: Vice City. I have finished neither. I know that it's a fun game and has lots of challenges. The best part being the tanks and the other big toys. I had only a brief glance at GTA3 from a classmate's laptop.

I don't know about GTA, but GTA2 was interesting for the fact that there were the Zaibatsu (Mishima Zaibatsu, anyone?) and the Yakuza. The others factions, like those loons and rednecks were not very appealing. The radio was not that interesting.

I loved GTA: Vice City. It was lots of fun and i liked the map. I have visited the US, and i only have been to Florida, That is, i was staying with a cousin of my dad in Miami, went to Orlando to see Disneyland and went to the Kennedy Space Center. I thought Miami would be hot. I guess i must have been in the wrong places, since the only chick i saw there was a fat chick at the beach whaling on top of a skinny dude....

Anyways, I loved the radio there. My favorite stations were VCPR's "Pressing the Issues with Maurice Chavez", and the KCL's radio show with the ditzy chick, what's-her-face...i believe it was Amy. Yes, those two shows rocked! I would spend time in the parking lot or cruising listening to those two stations. The missions were okay. But why i had to have a katana in one, i have no idea...

Am i excited to get GTA: San Andreas? Not too much. I can wait. I'd probably be looking it over someone's shoulder.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is good that there were so many posts in this thread waiting for me when I got home. I did not really look into the main details about this game, so I do not know that much about the specifics (what I do know I will forget pretty quickly) so I will find lots of surprises when I first play GTA: San Andreas. When I looked up all the information for GTA Vice City before it was actually released, I learned too much as to leave nothing surprising awaitng me around the corner... And since I had such high hopes for Vice City and expected it to be the best GTA ever, I had gotten disappointed on a few aspects which ruined my faith in expecting a game so much.

So this time around for the new GTA, my strategy is to not expect a messiah of a game, or a new definition in greatness. Hopefully by doing this, I will at least be somewhat impressed with how good it may be. Of coarse these things would not effect anything to do with San Andreas, but maybe it will work...

I suppose I do not mind that you can not play Two Player missions with a friend, even though this could be very great, as another set of hands could be quite usefull, in shooting down helicopters, creating distractions and diversions for the police when you are being chased, and taking out enemy gang members trying to stop you from completing a certain mission. And I am sure if they did make a whole Grand Theft Auto with Two player Co-op for the missions, they would create many situations where you HAD to use the other player to successfully finish the mission. Though if they did this I am sure they would have the option for just 1 player, and then that particular mission would change slightly so it could be done with one person. Or maybe they would just throw in additional missions here and there throughout the game if it was Two Player? Well I don't know, maybe we will find out one day.

Still, the ability to just free roam with your friends creating massive havoc on the streets would be very interesting and fun. You could come up with your own mini-games like hunting each other down, your basic deathmatch, and racing of coarse. But like I mentioned previously the things you could do in this special two player mode would be very limited. Still concidering it is an added bonus, I am happy that they did it. I mean a dummed down Two player mode with few features is much better then nothing am I right? Well anyhow a couple more days and I will have this game and I will see for myself if this game will beat GTA 3 in terms of gameplay or overall greatness. I can only wait...

Anyway, once again thanks for everyones views and comments, and I know the original Grand Theft Auto would have no chance getting recognition these day, but they are in the past so it is no surprise if many people dislike/d them. Back in the day they were pretty much the best thing we had in regards to their 'unique' gameplay.

I think any negative impact a game such as the Grand Theft Auto series creates is just certain peoples excuses and ways of lashing out at issues these sort of games are known to create. This concept seems pointless to me as I think a game is just a game. Sure some crazy people may take it too far, but in my opinion they should get over it because while their opinions may be valid, it just is not something gamers would care about. I think I will just leave it at that for now...
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really do wonder if some users who have the old Playstation will have trouble playing the game due to the sheer size of it. Older Playstations had a terrible amount of trouble reading dual layered DVD's like Xenosaga. The size of San Andreas may present a problem to those who had this trouble.

To make matters worse, the entire state of San Andreas is a seamless transition with no loading time whatsoever when you're travelling. (Only load times during cutscenes, going indoors, and anything that stops the action) So if there's trouble reading a part of a city, it may affect the exploring. I have a newer PS2, so i don't have to worry about it, but for everyone else's sake, I hope that's no the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: