Suikoden Unique and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tir Needs a Personality.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beast108

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Tir Needs a Personality. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay well I am currently rewriting the origianl Suikoden game into a screenplay/script... I am annoyed wiht the way the game doesn't give the main characters any personality. I realise they do it so the player can feel liek it is them. But the dialogue is dogey like - Ted saying "do so even if you said otherwise, Sir. Right, Tir?" and Leknaat saying "What's your name? I see. Tir--such a friendly name." There are the few choices that you get to make with Tir, but in the end it is always the one way the plot goes...

Anyway I want some input as to what kind of person you think Tir is. Or how you think Tir should react to things. remember he is a 13 year old kid.

I picture Tir as being fairly outgoing, even though he seems shy and doesn't talk in the game. He has these leadership qualities, that are never seen in the Game. I see him as the kind of guy who would be reasonably mature for his age, He thinks before he acts, yet he doesn't miss the opportunity.

I have this view that he gets annoyed at Gremio for being overprotective. He gets along with Ted really well, not because Ted is really liekable - but because other peopel his age aren't interested... Tir must be very aggresive and persuasive because he manages to lead people much older than him. It's hard to see people listening and following orders from a young boy without him being very agressive... I see this agressive side, kinda like when Anikan in Star wars, when hes a teenager and he slaughters the sand people. But then he has his passive side too...

I wanna know what other people think about Tir's personality.

Alos. Who do you think Tir would like? out of the females in S1.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I would agree that he doen't talk much and like you said that is how the game was meant to be played. Though I do not see how hard it would be to change the game and make the main character talk, seeing as they did this in Suikoden 3 for the main characters. Anyhow I imagine Tir would have developed many skills and abilites during his early life because of the time he was kidnapped by bandits.

And when Gremio rescued him they really formed a bond from then on and I do not really think he minds how protective Gremio is at the beggining though he does sort of go through a rebellious stage as he 'defies' Gremios best wishes and descisions made to him at times.

So I would assume there would be many diffenent views and opinions on this particular subject and I am sure we will get to read them soon enough. Also he becomes very emotional and dwells far apart from humans later on in life (that is what the Soul Eater does to people, believe me I know ha ha) and likes to be alone. Though he still doesn't mind the company of his good friend Gremio, and brief visits to Gregminster to see old friends and faces...
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh and I didn't even know he was 13, either that or I forgot. eh...
beast108

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He doesnt have a birth recorded. But apparently he is 19 in Suikoden 2. which would make him 13 in the beggining of S1, 15 at the end of it. and 3 during the Succesion War, when he's kidnapped by Bandits. Gremio was 15 when he rescued Tir from the Bandits... The bandits were hired by Geil Rugner in order to force Teo to fight without the armour on his horses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although my favourite Suikoden hero is Riou,

I think Tir looks much tougher than him and I have no problem with their personality design and i agree that Konami makes it that way so the players will feel that (Tir) is them...

As for the females, I don't really remember the female characters in S1, but Nanami or Viki would suit Tir :D.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he's not 13 in sI; the war didn't last more than a year, so your ages are off.

he's supposedly around 16, close to 'riou's' age at that time, and just slightly older than him in sII.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No matter what I still think it is funny that kids so young get to be leaders of an army...
Death

The Death Bringer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

and in every suikoden games, there are the 'charismatic eyes' :? .
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ha ha, that is the important part to running an army so if you yourself have 'charismatic eyes' you can run an army as well! Hey I have an idea, let all go ask professionals if we have the right eyes to run an army. Yeah I think that would get as very far...
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
he's not 13 in sI; the war didn't last more than a year, so your ages are off.

he's supposedly around 16, close to 'riou's' age at that time, and just slightly older than him in sII.

Err...didn't the war last around two years?

All the way to the edge of this world
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

not from what i've heard; i know it wasn't more than that at the most, and supposedly, sII's lasted six months, approximately.

*weird and unrealistic for a war or conflict, to be so short...but, heck, it's only a game, right??*

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EDIT: According to the timeline in SARS main page, Gate Rune War ended in IS 457 while Odessa was killed in IS 455. So at least the game covers 2 years of the Gate Rune War.

I'm not too sure on this, but I think the Gate Rune War officially started at the moment Odessa formed Liberation Army (IS 453). If I'm correct indeed, that means the Gate Rune War lasted for 5 years.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ugh, nothing like the typical suikoden misinformation to cloud issues...but he is definitely older than 13 during this time; that is one certainty...(one of the few).

Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nonetheless, Beast108, I can't really say which character Tir might like, though considering Kasumi was always infatuated with him, I am sure he would be happy to oblique spending the night with that ninja sometime... her or perhaps he may steer more so to the direction of someone like Eikei............
beast108

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha... I'm not sure of ages really - It was 2 years from odessa's death to the formation of the toran republic. I read somewhere that Tir was about 19 in Suikoden 2 - which would have made him 3 in the Succession War. Is there anywhere that Tir's age is recorded or mentioned???

When I first played Suikoden I thought Tir was 17 or so. and futch was 15 or something... Futch is 8... quite funny.

But yeah - There's no real obvious females who might tilt Tir's way. well not that I could see. Because I want to put some form of romance between Tir and a character, Kasumi seems like someone I could use.. But she's only 13.. lol all these people are so young in S1 - i didn't realise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: