Suikoden United and Irenic Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Genso Suikoden V Anthology Comic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basel

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs, Is the middle comic anthology in the second row any different from the others?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes it is different than the others, it is the book with only four panel comics that I was talking about, it is slightly cheaper in price but it doesn't have any of the cool colored artworks in the front and is slightly thinner than the other books. All the great artists from the other books are back with their own sections though, and the book you mentioned earlier that comes out 2/1 is the 2nd book of the four pannel comic series I think.
Bright Shield Rune bearer

:)

5591 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If only somebody could scann that art. :(
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

to get a good scan it will likely require the owner to really break in the books or take apart a book or cut out the color pages, cause it's really tightly binded like all manga books. I'm too cheap to do that but I have seen people who's done that to more expensive video games related books, so someone may do it sooner or later.

also the 2nd 4 pannel comics book did come out 2/1 and the 5th volume of the manga just came out as well 3/1:
http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/4757733097.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V 47139056_.jpg
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/jp/p_catalog/book/2007/img/978-4-7577-3373- 2.jpg
plus there's a upcoming "the Dawn Rune" book due 3/31 but the cover art is not yet posted.

so I guess these "Rune" books are like a side project of this manga series or something since the officially numbered books still goes on, and odds are there will at least be a twilight rune book as well; the series is going pretty strong at just about a book a month which is great since this is the only way for me to get a fix of something new gensosuikoden related for now until something else good happens, and by the time the next book comes out there will surely be new info on the upcoming ones as well. I think I'll wait til the end of this month and make another order from amazon.co.jp for those 3 newer books.
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I scanned book #2 and it came out pretty well. Try this link
http://shuxion.freehostia.com/japan.htm
I think that should bring you there.
I have those books you got the covers of as well. The four square ones.
I have six regular books and two 4 square ones. They will all be up eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait, wait, here is the correct link:
http://shuxion.freehostia.com/Japan/japan.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's nice that you are posting the photos of the entire books for those that have not yet bought them but you sure that's not againest some kind of copy right laws or something? then again it's not like the publisher is gona come after you so you might as well post as much as you can. I guess just like games, music and whatever else, people that's going to buy them will and those that won't is not gona anyways.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he's safe because they are Japanese publications that haven't been released in the English-speaking market. I could be wrong, however.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
I think he's safe because they are Japanese publications that haven't been released in the English-speaking market. I could be wrong, however.

That's an excuse but holds no weight legally. After all, there's a reason we're not all exchanging Suikogaiden torrents or roms on this forum despite it's exclusively Japanese nature and it isn't because no-one here wants to.

It's sticky and will eventually run some risk. A small site can get away with a lot but as more people visit it'll eventually be picked up on the radar so to speak. There's a reason why Suikox or Suikosource or, indeed, Due Fiumi don't offer full manga downloads and it isn't because we don't have the space.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I don't know about posting the whole book but I'm sure pages are fine but as long as it helps others I don't have a problem with it, all I ask is please don't scan the latest 2 books yet, otherwise I'd be too tempted to look at it which would cause me to not buy the real things. thanks

Have you just been spending top dollars to get them as soon as they are released or do you know somewhere that's cheaper and faster than amazon.co.jp? as in cheaper than $15 a book including shipping and delivered in about a week's time.
shuxion

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
It's nice that you are posting the photos of the entire books for those that have not yet bought them but you sure that's not againest some kind of copy right laws or something? then again it's not like the publisher is gona come after you so you might as well post as much as you can. I guess just like games, music and whatever else, people that's going to buy them will and those that won't is not gona anyways.

You know i never thought of that but am glad that you brought this up. You could very well br right and i don't want to get the site shut down or something so I probably should take a good chunk off and instead put up p[ieces with links to buy them. Thanks to you and Layfield,
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

there's no rush, maybe give anyone who's intrested to take a look at them a few days to see it after all the work you done to put them up. I'm sure if you only did like 5 out of the dozen or so stories out of each book it'd be fine, and about 2-3 of the artists are really bad in my opinion plus some of the lesser action stories are hard to follow for someone who doesn't know japanese anyways, so I'm sure nobody would even miss them.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sorry to double post but have anyone got the latest books of this series? the latest one came out over a month ago on 3/31 as the second book of the sun/dawn/twilight series

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lnJ8WzMML._SS500_.jpg

I was going to order it but didn't know if another one is coming out this month so I waited, but I have yet to see any new info on the next book. it is normally advertised on each book of the upcoming ones so if anyone have info regarding the next release date or what the next book will be, please let me know, thanks.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ooh pretty, does anyone have any scans from that?? ^^

-My DeviantArt-
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shuxion's site seems to be down and he haven't been around here much either so maybe he's not doing that anymore, and to answer my own question after doing some research I think the only upcoming book is the 3rd four panel comic book due the first of June. damn, now I'd have to wait another month if I want to save on shipping by combining my order...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: