Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ramadan the Holy Month of Islam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that am late but... Ramadan Mubarak to Muslims :D .
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hehe, thanks.

Question: When is Eid-ul-Fitri? Is it 15th? Or the day after?

I'm not sure, bacause all the people i met started their Ramadhan at Saturday, not at Friday, as given on the calendar i recieved. And the calendar showed that the last day of Ramadhan is at the 13th of November, Saturday. Anyone would like to give their two cents?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno too. Maybe 15 because I started to fast at Friday. Try to contact your nearest mosque Star, they might help you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ok, just went for my friday prayers a few hours ago. It's on the 14th of November.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that Mist and I, started fasting on Friday 15th of October (if am not mistaken), so it would mean that Eid al-Fiter is on Sunday 14th of November.

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its almost Id Al-Fitr, which means "back to pureness". It serve as a symbol that we all be purified from all of our small sins. So before the day come, I want to apologize to everyone in the board for all the trouble i've caused LoL. It is a tradition in my country to apologize to everyone you knew before the Id Al-Fitr come (I don't know in arabic country, can someone give me an info?).

Last, it might be too fast but :
Happy Id Al-Fitr. Minal aidin wal Faidzin.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh shit, being the only Muslim nation leader at Suikox, I should have been one of the first to wish all the Muslims at Suikox Ramadan Kareem but better late than never.

And I guess Eid Al-Fitr is on the 14th of November.

And to answer some of your questions, I'm living in the United Arab Emirates where the weather is hotter than it is in Saudi Arabia, and the schools and universities aren't closed for Ramadan, they never are. Only this Ramadan we had an exception since the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, passed away, who was not only a great leader, he was the best leader UAE could ever have and a great Muslim as well. May his soul rest in peace.
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala wrote:
It is a tradition in my country to apologize to everyone you knew before the Id Al-Fitr come (I don't know in arabic country, can someone give me an info?).

I don't think we do that here in Kuwait, I know that in Eid it is a costume to visit family members, neighbors and friends or even people who you are not in a good relation with, we do that because Eid is the time when all the hearts are open to each other and a time when enmities should be forgotten.

Gaara wrote:
Only this Ramadan we had an exception since the President of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan, passed away, who was not only a great leader, he was the best leader UAE could ever have and a great Muslim as well. May his soul rest in peace.

It was truly sad and tragic news for all of the Arab countries, he was indeed a true leader and a kind person... may God bless his soul and forgive his sins.

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To follow up, next is the death of Palestinian president Yasser Arafat who passed away earlier today. May his soul rest in peace as well.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala wrote:
It is a tradition in my country to apologize to everyone you knew before the Id Al-Fitr come (I don't know in arabic country, can someone give me an info?).

I know that in Indonesia they say....what was it? "Maaf Batin" (or something like that) along with "Selamat Id-ul-Fitri". They don't do this in Pakistan at least. So i think they only do that in the Southeast Asia region.

I don't know about how others do it, but every year for Eid, the kids would recieve some "Eidi" money, like how they give "Angpao"(If that's how it's spelled) during the Chinese New Year. Do you guys do that?

Gaara wrote:
Oh Michael Bolton,

Was that swearing? Or were you calling out to Michael? :lol:

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Michael Bolton? Where did that come from? I never said that. I mean I know it's there in my post but I don't even know who Michael Bolton is! I originally wrote D*A*M*N and I think the censor setting changed it!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara wrote:
To follow up, next is the death of Palestinian president Yasser Arafat who passed away earlier today. May his soul rest in peace as well.

It is also somewhat sad to hear about his death, may God bless his soul and forgive his sins, though the saddest thing about the whole thing is that he won't be buried in his home county.

starslasher wrote:
I don't know about how others do it, but every year for Eid, the kids would recieve some "Eidi" money, like how they give "Angpao"(If that's how it's spelled) during the Chinese New Year. Do you guys do that?

Of course we do that, here in Kuwait (or in the Arab countries) we give presents to our parents and in-laws (usually watches, jewelry, or even money), and give some amount of money to the kids (and believe me some means a lot in here... our kids are really spoiled... too bad that I'm way older now for getting any Eidia from anyone else beside my parents :( ).

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here, I only receive Eidi from my parents and having only 1 parent at the moment, makes it even worse!

I usually see kids lined up in gas stations so I try to avoid them during eid and use a different car everyday! They're all lined up like up to 20 kids asking for Eidia! I have enough to handle from my younger cousins and neighbours!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaara wrote:
I usually see kids lined up in gas stations so I try to avoid them during eid and use a different car everyday! They're all lined up like up to 20 kids asking for Eidia! I have enough to handle from my younger cousins and neighbours!

Yeah that could become a pain sometimes but it is such a joy giving kids Eidia, and my mother sometimes let me do it for her... after I begin crying.

Anyway, though it is fun giving children Eidia (from someone else's money) I'm glad that I'm not old enough to give Eidia from my own money (must enjoy my time taking before the time of giving begins).

For those who are a little bit confused about the whole Eidia thing, please let me explain:

In Eid ul-Fiter, married men and women (or working men and... women) give children and family members (father, mother, sisters, brothers... etc...) some kind of gift, and they may give money or any kind of other things that they can offered (usually money).

Young people can also give Eidia if they are capable of it though they aren't obliged in doing so (unless they enjoy in doing it).

I hope this information helped in clearing the confusion (if not then think about Eidia as presents given in Christmas :D ).

EDIT:
Eid was confirmed to be tonight at Saturday (it's already Saturday in here), so Eid Mubark to all the Muslims and non Muslim people in here and in the whole wide world :) .

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once again, our world lost another hero that fight for peace and freedom.
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun, goodbye Yaser Arafat, May Allah take you at His side, and all the Muslims in Indonesia pray that everything you struggled for will come true. May someday Israel and Palestina live together in peace and happiness.
Farewell, hero...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: