Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Member Descriptions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Member Descriptions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I noticed when my victory count was updated, about half of my description dissapeared, I thought this was just a one-off, but I've seen a few other members with cut off descriptions. Is it something to do with the character limit on that field?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, there is a character limit in that field, which is why it was probably cut off. I will fix this to allow more characters or something.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vector Xthonic wrote:
Yes, there is a character limit in that field, which is why it was probably cut off. I will fix this to allow more characters or something.

Thanks, I've just realised this also applies to certain territories on the battle map.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, the current limit should be 2000 characters, so I am not sure how anything can get cut off. So I basically don't know how this is caused.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The limit available in the moderator control panel is smaller than that. Thus, while members can indeed enter 2000 characters into their description field, every time a moderator edits anything in their account (removing signatures for example, or applying special titles or whatever), the respective member's description gets shortened.

Wes' description was most likely shortened when he became "the man from Katana".
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, I didn't think of that possibility. I'll change the limit on the mod control panel.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
The limit available in the moderator control panel is smaller than that. Thus, while members can indeed enter 2000 characters into their description field, every time a moderator edits anything in their account (removing signatures for example, or applying special titles or whatever), the respective member's description gets shortened.

Wes' description was most likely shortened when he became "the man from Katana".

I'm pretty sure it happened when my victory count was altered though and not my description. Although it was probably cut off for the reasons you mentioned anyway, thanks for shedding some light on it iscalio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Technical issues Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: