Suikoden United and Illusional Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Disgaea 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disgaea 2 is the ulltimate test of Spartaness patience. So far, I've spent more than 200 hours in this game and I've yet to succeed in everything. Oh well, it'll help me weather the tide while I wait for the next RPG.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

200 hours!!?? woa... How did you survive the mind numbing level ups? The most I spent for Disgaea was 20+ hours before throwing in the towel ^^

Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. I think Wraithrune just spoiled me at the end of the first page...

Anyway. Got this yesterday. I've been getting into Nippon Ichi a lot lately. Unfortunately the ones I really want are hard to find in stores(the first Disgaea, Phantom Brave and Atelier Iris) so I had to settle with this and I'll have to buy the ones I want online later. It's too bad too, my friend actually had a copy of La Pucelle a while back.. I think he got rid of it. :/

Anyway. I think it's cute. I like the kind of humour. I actually watched the (anime) trailer first and I fell in love with Etna. =l The battle system is pretty much the same as all Nippon Ichi games, so.. mmyeah. The jumping is kinda fun. xP But kinda robotic also, I think. I still hate the Prinny's voices. Argh. xD

The magician I got has the same name as me. I was like "Wait.. I don't remember inputting my name." <_<

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Deadly Assassin

289976 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I happen to be playing this game right now and I have to say I'm enjoying it. The storyline of this game is nowhere near as good as Disgaea, but the battle system is basically the same (perhaps even a tad better) it's a really fun game. I'm near the end of the game and I've been considering whether or not I want to play it game + until I'm level 2000 or something. I would really like to, but the problem is that I'd feel guilty if I only played Disgaea 2 all day long and never even got to Suikoden V that's been lying in my drawer for about four months.

If you are someone who only buys a few games a year and wants some solid gameplay, Digaea or Disgaea 2 is your choice since the game is virtually endless and has not only a ton of secret endings, but also secret characters, levels, and weapons that could keep you going forever. I remember unlocking a level in Disgaea that was full of level 250 robots. Of course, I was only level 80 at the time, so I quickly died. There is no end to the gameplay in those games and that's one of the reasons that the Disgaea games are one of my all-time favorites.

Chief of Hot and Steamy Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Mitsuba + Godwin Avatars Unite- Sports
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i just got 1 and 2 for christmass.

The 2nd is my favorite out of the two, i dont know my favorite character for the storyline characters but my favorite creatable character is the thief, although i dont really like the thief in the first one. The thief's remind me of the tricksters in suikoden so i have been giving them names of the suikoden tricksters, the only problem is there are 6 different thief's so i will have to name two of them something different.

When i first started to play it i thought it was a bit plain but after playing it longer i started to like it more and more.
Luceit

Defender of Highland

371188 Potch
2170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ooh, Thieves are nice. While they don't get an S affinity in anything, their skill with stealing more than makes up for it and if I'm not mistaken, they also move and jump better than everyone else. There's this problem with their HP though; I seem to recall having some difficulty keeping them alive.
Quote:

there are 6 different thief's so i will have to name two of them something different.

Are you referring to the six different Thief levels? You can simply reincarnate them so that you won't have that problem, and reincarnating them into a higher class of the same tier gives them a secret point bonus to their stats.
Other than that, completing all of the challenges in the game will keep you occupied for ages if you have the patience for it, especially things like the Dark Sun challenges.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: