Suikoden United and Illusional Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Stars and their Affiliations in the series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
camus_greenhill

Office of the Merchant Guild Secretary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:
Very good point about the Teni star Thief. I'm impressed.

Well, let's get started on the "Chi's", as you said. I'll start it off:

Chikai star: Enemy strategist. I think the suikoden fans saw this coming a mile away.

S1: Leon Silverberg. Not really an enemy, but had his differences with Mathiu. So this would kind of fit.
S2: Klaus. Since he had been on the opposite side of the battle field, I would consider this correct.
S3: Albert. This one really needs no explination.

I don't know how that would work with S4, since I haven't played it yet.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, there is another thing about the Teni (Kage, Georg, Aila) star. They were quite speedy. Well, Aila was statistically a very speedy character.

And i think i figured out the pattern for the Chisatsu (Georges, Gilbert and Mua) star. The Chisatsu star is one that gives military support. I read that Georges led an Archer unit, Gilbert led a mercenary unit, and Mua, i would say, brought in the Kamaro Knights. You did notice the Kamaro knight at the front of the entrance of the Budehuc Castle, didn't you?

Can anyone think about the affiliation of the Chiyu (Ivanov, Tetsu and Dominic) star?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

camus_greenhill wrote:
S1: Leon Silverberg. Not really an enemy, but had his differences with Mathiu. So this would kind of fit.
S2: Klaus. Since he had been on the opposite side of the battle field, I would consider this correct.
S3: Albert. This one really needs no explination.

I don't know how that would work with S4, since I haven't played it yet.
Yep, even the new person sees Elenor as somewhat a competition albeit not as severe as Albert did.

Was Georg Prime a speedy character?

I'll add a bit then.

Chisatsu: Apart from Rubi, I doubt one'd consider Marco and Georges to be reputable archers. Suikoden I had a peculiar habit of inserting random members in units that didn't have enough leaders. However, with the exception of Mua, it seems the other three seems to be wanderers. Mua's joining the Fire Bringer did seems like a formal business though.

Chiyu: An artist. They make things, and they are kind of obsessed with what they do. The new person is a sculptor.

Chiketsu: Rune sage.

Chiyu: Martial artists. Even Shabon.

Laters.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chii: Maxmillian Knight
Chiei: supporter of the Chii star. Exception was Genshu. But i don't know what the connection he would have with the Sancho or Rico....

Chiki & Chimou: Grenseal & Alen.....Camus and Miklotov....Percival and Borus.....I don't think it would take a genius to figure this out. Both are knights. the Chiki Star (Grenseal, Camus & Percival) are more Magic/Speed adept, while the Chimou star( Alen, Miklotov & Borus) are more Stronger knights.

Quote:
However, with the exception of Mua, it seems the other three seems to be wanderers. Mua's joining the Fire Bringer did seems like a formal business though.

i would think that Mua was a wanderer as well. He just merely accompanied Hallec.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
camus_greenhill

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starslasher wrote:

Chiki & Chimou: Grenseal & Alen.....Camus and Miklotov....Percival and Borus.....I don't think it would take a genius to figure this out. Both are knights. the Chiki Star (Grenseal, Camus & Percival) are more Magic/Speed adept, while the Chimou star( Alen, Miklotov & Borus) are more Stronger knights.

Not only those, but Chiki is always the more level-headed of the pair (I really can't comment on Grenseal, since he didn't talk that much) while Chimou is the more emotional (Alen offered to strike down Pahn, Miklotov resigned from the knights first, and Borus slaughtered Karaya)

Chiin: A star that deals with agility
S1: Mina (Dancer)
S2: Karen (Dancer)
S3: Roland (Archer)
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Right on with the Maximillian Knights' and the Knights Duo's stars.

Chibun: One who deals with craftsmanship. Tesla, Jude, Twaikin. Well, maybe not so much with Twaikin...

Chisei: Appraisals. Nadir judged people's talents, ja?

Chikatsu: Rivalry? Lorelai had Killey, Duke had Geddoe. Although this doesn't apply to the original Lorelai and the new archer girl...

Chitou: Farming.

Chikyou: Supposedly the chief star of Dragons. Even Gijimu had something to do with dragons... you know, Lampdragon bandits.

Any idea for Chian?
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Chibun: One who deals with craftsmanship. Tesla, Jude, Twaikin. Well, maybe not so much with Twaikin...

Twaikin's a craftsman. He dug out the Great Hollow.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy Paladin wrote:
Thief wrote:

Twaikin's a craftsman. He dug out the Great Hollow.
haha, good point, Pal.

Chian....What do Morgan, Rikimaru and Toppo have in common? I suppose it has to do with the fact that they are travelers. Like, Morgan has been to many places, Rikimaru was in search for vengeance and Toppo is part of a traveling Troupe. I think that would be the main theme.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure about Morgan has been to many places. He ran away from Queendom of Falena, and then hid in Qlon Temple. It'd be quite weird for him to travel when his main objective was to hide.

A bit of a humorous solution for Chian, they all have 1 physical issue. Morgan cannot see. Rikimaru cannot stop eating, Toppo has nose problem. j/k of course, but it's quite possible.

What I'm more interested is why Konami decided to give different stars to some characters that have the same job/role as the same star in previous games. Like how the three street performers (Nei, Toppo, Shabon) not having the same three stars as the Annallee's group, and so on with other characters.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

diversity i suppose. Take a look at the blacksmith combination. Very wierd, looking back at it, no? Why is one of the blacksmith under a ninja's star (Chikyou: Moose, Sasuke and Ayame)?!

And what about the Chijiku star (Mose, Gantetsu and Beecham)? I know that the original Chijiku star was an officer under Hu Yien Shu, the Teni (Pesmerga and Lucia) star, so Beecham would fit in here, serving Lucia. Also, the original Chijiku star was in charge of the fireworks/explosives. Mose would fit under this star as well. But Gantetsu? I don't know.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You misunderstood my point. Sasuke and Moose sharing the same star is not what I'm concerned with. They may have different roles, but also Suikoden II didn't have 5 blacksmiths like in Suikoden I. Hence, it's impossible to have them having the same star for the same role.

What I meant is like how Suikoden III had 3 enternainers, but yet given different stars than the 3 entertainers in Suikoden II.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chian: The star with a physical issue... eh. Good one, Bugg. Don't forget to keep an eye for what the person in IV has to contribute to his star, ha.

I'm not sure about the musicians, but Pico sure was an oddball among the bath makers. On the other hand, only the main musicians retained their star (Chigaku) in all four games: Kasios, Annallee, Nei. The others are all over the place.

Don't worry about those blacksmiths. Suikoden IV has its own set of 'fabulous five' being fit into random unrelated stars.

Chijiku? Hmm, that's an interesting relation to the original Shui Hu Zhuan character. They decided to split the original into different parts... maybe Gantetsu share some other qualities with Yien Shu? However, I can guarantee that the new star is definitely related to explosives.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm.....alirght then. If anyone can think of anything for the Chijiku star, any idea at all, no matter how silly it is, post it.

Then there is Chikai. It would be seen as a star for the vain. That is, Esmeralda and Simone. Besides them, Gau was part of the mercenary team with Duke, Elaine and Nicholas, the Chikatsu, Chimei and Chiri stars. These four were a team in the novel. I don't know about the guy in IV. But don't say anymore about characters in IV, for the concern of those who don't want to read any spoilers, 'kay? :)

Bork! Bork! Bork!
camus_greenhill

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiin (The Shadowy Star) is always a motherly person.

S1: Marie (A mother-figure to Tir)
S2: Hilda (Mother of Pete)
S3: Luce (Mother of Lulu, and other Karayan orphans)
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stop me if I write more spoilers, Starslasher. Bad habits die hard... =/

Interesting relations of Chikai to the original novel there for Gau. I originally almost concluded Gau to be the more narcisistic among the kobolds but, alas, your reason is more sound. Ha.

The next two stars.

Chisa: Melodye, Connell, Samus
Chiyu: Chapman, Hans, Reed

Originally, Chisa is the sound setting person while Chiyu is the armorer. But the later games discarded these definitions and made them into another duo stars that come together. Perhaps insight from Shui Hu Zhuan?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: